Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Good info form CCTW.

Interesting about Pole possibly moving to edge backrow so we can accommodate all these middles. I can see that, with his footwork at the line.

Has there been a change in tact from having a ball playing lock like Hastings, to a bigger physical pack?

Good info form CCTW.

Interesting about Pole possibly moving to edge backrow so we can accommodate all these middles. I can see that, with his footwork at the line.

Has there been a change in tact from having a ball playing lock like Hastings, to a bigger physical pack?
Been saying for a while now Pole is your rough diamond Sirro.
I can't believe why some are saying he's overrated,
He's probably a bit green having just started his NRL career but he has a big future ahead of him imo.

He's probably a bit green having just started his NRL career but he has a big future ahead of him imo.
It was easy to observe things happen when Pole is involved, whether it is stepping to earn good metres or his quick play the balls. He is only 20 as well in a pack that is usually on the backfoot.

It was easy to observe things happen when Pole is involved, whether it is stepping to earn good metres or his quick play the balls. He is only 20 as well in a pack that is usually on the backfoot.
Agree. He reminds me of a bit like Papali'i. Built close to the ground and very strong.
He will benefit from an organized hooker in Api. I suspect Pole will be hitting sone flat balls close to the line next year.

Oh I've been a big fan of his since his debut. Big motor for a young guy, mobile, late footwork, and commits hard to to effort areas on and off the ball. Great young player. Can he be effective on an edge though? That's the rough diamond part for me.

Oh I've been a big fan of his since his debut. Big motor for a young guy, mobile, late footwork, and commits hard to to effort areas on and off the ball. Great young player. Can he be effective on an edge though? That's the rough diamond part for me.
I think so. A bit of a utility factor...edge-middle.
He's still got some growing and learning to do. He showed glimpses of quality this year in an ordinary forward pack so what's he going to like when he's learnt his trade and playing in a better pack/team. Sorry for repeating other posts.
Sheens might have something else in-store for the lad playing a James Graham type role but maybe not next year as I haven't seen much of his passing, link and offloads.
I think Sheens will have him concentrating on energy plays and quick play the balls.
Let's reflect on this Sirro in a year or two.. 👍

With Pole possibly moving to an edge and Talau likely moving to the forwards (second row no doubt), what will be the situation for Matamua and Kautoga? Will 2024 be their year?

No they haven’t. They both have had some of the biggest egos & arrogant players in the game. They just knew how to manage them to get results.
Didnt say some of those players wernt arrogant or egotistical. But they respect the club they play for & get nailed when they dont. Just see how Bellemy reacted to Munsters & Smiths acting like poor judgement. When they act like DHs it is swiftly dealt with. That is what we need here first, above buying just the best players. Im not against buying in quality players, but they have to believe that the Tigers can win a premiership, just like the belief Todd has instilled in the Cowboys.

Didnt say some of those players wernt arrogant or egotistical. But they respect the club they play for & get nailed when they dont. Just see how Bellemy reacted to Munsters & Smiths acting like poor judgement. When they act like DHs it is swiftly dealt with. That is what we need here first, above buying just the best players. Im not against buying in quality players, but they have to believe that the Tigers can win a premiership, just like the belief Todd has instilled in the Cowboys.

You do realize what your saying right?
The player has to be playing for the club & then does something wrong and then gets punished by those coaches right. And in your example Munster & Smith have had multiple bringing into line activities at the Storm.

People are saying punt the players before they even wear our kit for what - a comment or lack of a comment. Like seriously cmon.

On Papa the club made statements and closed it down from their end - they had zero concerns.

On Api they have dealt with it, it’s done. We have zero idea how that conversation/activity went down nor should we.

They both will play and I have zero doubt you and others not wanting Api here will be cheering them on next year.

I wondered myself this year…
He’s reasonable mobile, and defence is good laterally,
Worth a try…

Talau to 2nd row, Pole to 2nd row, Laurie to 5/8… it’s almost like Tim Sheens is back. 😆
Twal to halfback might be a real chance at this point.

To be fair Talau to backrow has been talked about for years at the club & Laurie at the panthers was viewed as 5/8th for the longer term position. Pole no idea on.

If we are amble to secure Lenui and Klemmer Pole would have some really tough no nonsense players to gain experience from , Both Klem and Lenui go forward and pole and Papi on the edges would be very good as they both go forward as well , then Blore coming in as back up , we have some really good go forward for our attack , Fingers crossed @Thepom can come on and confirm some of this player potential signings, appreciate CCTW info as well very positive

With Pole possibly moving to an edge and Talau likely moving to the forwards (second row no doubt), what will be the situation for Matamua and Kautoga? Will 2024 be their year?
That's a good problem. I suggest they will be spoon fed their NRL learning experiences going up and down grades as required.
You also have to throw in Tukimihia Simpkins whom I believe Tim rates highly 🤔

Saw that written here somewhere - Don't know that Sheens said it publicly...
I'd be keeping Musgrove over Tuki.
Having watched him a bit in Reserves, I don't see anything much in him...
To the point he's well behind Dias and Aitasi.

Tuki wouldn't have been near firsts at any other club...
Musgrove would've (And has) And will....
I can't say that for Tuki unfortunately...
I think it was the POM who posted it when he was giving a rundown on who was leaving/moved on.

Back