Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The thing I find with this signings thread is that most on here ...
speculate,assume,regergetate,contemplate and hope for their particular star to be signed,myself on the other hand dont care who everybody wants ...I would like them to spend the money on who we need in what position we need and NOT WASTE TIME AND MONEY ON ALSO RANS...wouldnt that be a great change for this debarcle of a club we support year in and year out..
Isn't that the point of a signings, suggestions, and rumour thread?

If it is true that he’s going I hope he has success the amount of crap he has put up with at this club is unbelievable while Mitch Moses and James Tedesco who chose to leave are both having great careers
Both better players.

Reactions: 851
Klemmer is still a top 5-10 prop in the game.

Deadset we've had stints with Seyfarth at prop who, while I love the effort he brings, offers absolutely nothing going forward.

I don't know how anyone could not want him in our line-up.

Putting your faith in Brooks is a big call but Joey Johns seems to think he has got something and I’m sure his opinion in Newy is listened to.
Just read from Buzz they want( supposedly) Brooks 1/2 and moving Ponga back to 5/8.
Who knows.
Who wants Klemmer?
Seriously...... I don’t see the upside of signing him.
Surely there’s a bloke running around lower grades that’s more promising than a bloke who’s best football is behind him.
I’m with you - Klemmer is all froth and bubble, Packer-like even

Klemmer is still a top 5-10 prop in the game.

Deadset we've had stints with Seyfarth at prop who, while I love the effort he brings, offers absolutely nothing going forward.

I don't know how anyone could not want him in our line-up.
without any doubt, Klemmer is >>> Twal, Seyfarth, JO

However,
Papalii, Haas, Saifiti, Jnr Paolo, J W-H, Fanua-Blake, Solomona, Taukeiaho >> Klewmmer

We shall try to get at least 2-3 props from that list before Klemmer

The mail seems to be that Brooks and Klemmer will swap clubs on agreed salary of $800K per year. Tigers will then front a further $300K for Brooks to play at the Knights.

So if we are paying Brooks $300K to play somewhere else, how does that sit with everyone?
I think it’s fair. The 300k or so would be made up from back ended payments so for the final year of his contract that was with us it’s only right we pay off what we owe. It’s one year without 300k, we went last year without 450k we paid Mbye. If it’s required to ensure we get the Klemmer deal finalised and have a roster spot remain free so be it. Probably can get Klemmer across irrespective of the Brooks trade but It’s probably an offer based off long term loyalty / career killing whilst part of an extremely mediocre Tigers team for the past decade.
Watch this space I guess.

So with your tactics the match could be over by the time our game breaking forwards even get in the pitch? Right....

Realistically you can only have one of Klemmer, Twal and possibly even Joffa on the field at the same time. You Have to mix the workhorses with the impact players, not play both work horses and then all impact men. It simply doesn't work that way
A lot of teams do it that way round. The only difference is their starting props are workers whom play with impact.

without any doubt, Klemmer is >>> Twal, Seyfarth, JO

However,
Papalii, Haas, Saifiti, Jnr Paolo, J W-H, Fanua-Blake, Solomona, Taukeiaho >> Klewmmer

We shall try to get at least 2-3 props from that list before Klemmer
I wouldn’t be surprised at all to hear we’ve taken a shotgun approach and texted all of them?

I wish we have talent scouts that have talent like the storm seem to have
Instead of targeting aging former stars who are on the radar because their existing club are contemplating moving them on we target up and coming players who display that "x " factor and are just not getting a run in nrl
Isaiah Longhi at Penrith is one . Unfortunately some like Turuva are already hot properties . I don't get that excited about Woods , Fafita , and even Klemmer
Would like a solid center like Best
This RLWC is a show piece of potential talent and I hope we are scouring it ?
Is Sheens in the UK to find us some great recruits or is it a private trip to catch up with family and friends ? He did live there for many years

Instead of targeting aging former stars who are on the radar because their existing club are contemplating moving them on we target up and coming players who display that "x " factor and are just not getting a run in nrl
Isaiah Longhi at Penrith is one . Unfortunately some like Turuva are already hot properties . I don't get that excited about Woods , Fafita , and even Klemmer
Is Sheens in the UK to find us some great recruits or is it a private trip to catch up with family and friends ? He did live there for many years
Agree, we always seem to be chasing the also rans. I guess the plan is to create our own hot properties over time, then we can keep and/or sell.
I think TS is doing both in the UK. That’s what he alluded to in Ask the Boss video.

We have lots of excellent juniors in our Pathways system and many good staff now working towards producing talent for our NRL team. Tupou, Matamua, Faagutu, Tumeth, O'Kane, Scolari, Hill, Ngutlik, Bula, Feledy, Dotoi are just a few younger players that come to mind.

Sheens has always had the reputation for being one of the best talent scouts.

Agree, we always seem to be chasing the also rans. I guess the plan is to create our own hot properties over time, then we can keep and/or sell.
I think TS is doing both in the UK. That’s what he alluded to in Ask the Boss video.
I wonder how much time is on Tigers business .We are in serious need of a few great recruits . Almost November and Tim won't be able to use the
" cant do deals till Nov 1 " line soon . Naden still our only recruit in calendar year 2022 so far

I wonder how much time is on Tigers business .We are in serious need of a few great recruits . Almost November and Tim won't be able to use the
" cant do deals till Nov 1 " line soon . Naden still our only recruit in calendar year 2022 so far

Naden was a Madge recruit,not sure what Shonky has done except release players early

Members online

Back