Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Situation with Brooks has taken a turn in the last couple days, with his management informing the club he intends to sign with Knights from 2024 after November 1. Clearly a move to make things happen earlier in 2023. Some at the club believe this could be a move to get an official extension presented. Fast moving situation, expected to come to a head in the week.
Thanks pom

Any other news?

Situation with Brooks has taken a turn in the last couple days, with his management informing the club he intends to sign with Knights from 2024 after November 1. Clearly a move to make things happen earlier in 2023. Some at the club believe this could be a move to get an official extension presented. Fast moving situation, expected to come to a head in the week.

Should be noted Sheens want's to keep Brooks & is keen to coach him, but obviously if he signs for 2024 best off releasing him now.
Little slime bag.

I hate when people sign the following year with another club, but tanks it for a year before they go.

Should be noted Sheens want's to keep Brooks & is keen to coach him, but obviously if he signs for 2024 best off releasing him now.

Thanks for the news. It's going to be party time on here for a while.

With this in mind, you mentioned the other day that it's unlikely a deal won't be done with Hastings prior to Nov 1. Was this a deliberate double negative meaning it's likely he'll extend?

Much to report from the England expedition?

Cheers, mate.

Little slime bag.

I hate when people sign the following year with another club, but tanks it for a year before they go.

He isn't tanking. He just wants a release. I reckon this is good for us because we have a dud spine and we need to release at least one of them.

It's going to lower the post count significantly on here though.

Should be noted Sheens want's to keep Brooks & is keen to coach him, but obviously if he signs for 2024 best of releasing him now.
Best business for the club would be to walk away from the table, if Brooks or his management want to create a bidding war for his services then it shows his is not willing to take less money to play for this club. I can't blame him for that, but the club should recognise the sunk cost and move on.

Thanks POM, I think the club needs to invest its resources into Leniu, and Klemmer.. any new developments with these 2 seeing as though we just released Musgrove ?

Reactions: 851
With this in mind, you mentioned the other day that it's unlikely a deal won't be done with Hastings prior to Nov 1. Was this a deliberate double negative meaning it's likely he'll extend?

Much to report from the England expedition?

Cheers, mate.
I believe a deal will be done, but expected to see what's out there 1st. Nothing to report from UK so far. Brandon Mansfield I believe has actually been offered a 2 year top 30 deal.

Thanks POM, I think the club needs to invest its resources into Leniu, and Klemmer.. any new developments with these 2 seeing as though we just released Musgrove ?
I reported the other day he was keen to stay & I believe that to be the case, but when Dragons offered to take him a full freight the club ultimately gave him no other alternative.

Brooks threatening to walk out on the club... Don't think we'll be paying the ransom money 💰 See ya

Back