Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Sheens has squashed the rumours of Brooks being released in 2023. He has said what all intelligent think, there is no one on the market, suitable. --- Zero tackle!
Who cares if there is no one else available. He's everything that's wrong with this club. Overpaid, Never accountable for poor performance, mopes around the field and doesn't do his job

I almost feel sorry for Brooks. Finally takes the leap - assuming the links to Newcastle are true- and now Sheens won't let him go.
In for a hell of year if we find ourselves to be struggling again.
I think Brooks deciding to go to the Knights, of all clubs, would be the most idiotic decision he could ever make.

Who cares if there is no one else available. He's everything that's wrong with this club. Overpaid, Never accountable for poor performance, mopes around the field and doesn't do his job
Based on those criteria we couldn’t field a side each week

I think Brooks deciding to go to the Knights, of all clubs, would be the most idiotic decision he could ever make.
He really needs to take a “pay cut” and get in a system like the panthers roosters or storm to really hit his potential, knights is career suicide along with the titans. How ever he has survived the tigers so far haha

I dunno Lauren any more idiotic to stay here and carry the weight of a fan base sick of losing with him being at the top of the most responsible list for many - longest serving player to not play finals footy and all that other crap he cops
A change of scenery might at least give a new lease. Mentally if he is checked out and keen to play with Joey Johns not sure what Sheens will offer when the familiarity of the place probably is what he needs to get away from.

I almost feel sorry for Brooks. Finally takes the leap - assuming the links to Newcastle are true- and now Sheens won't let him go.
In for a hell of year if we find ourselves to be struggling again.
Would agree, but that would be jumping from one basket case to another.

I'm sure if Newcastle really want Brooks and they are prepared to pick up his entire contracted 2023 salary rumoured to be $1.1 mill ( its a backended amount and I believe it at least to be fairly accurate) .Then I'm sure we would release but Knights won't pay it and why should we subsidise it . Conversely Brooks could agree to forfeiting part of it if he's that keen to go .

Sheens still making the Knights sweat on Brooks . How bad do they really want him …
O'Brien sounds like if he doesn't get Brooks his coaching career is over he is so desperate he will bite Sheenius Just has to hang in there to get the right Price maybe 900K of the contract paid for if Brooks doesn't want to be here he won't

And I was told before that Brooks doesn't like Benji so see what happens

This is not about hating , or loving certain players, Yes we are building our forward pack, but we had the worst spine in the game ! It would be lucky to make an impression in the NSW cup !
We have since got Apisi, and Stains, - that leaves us with the 6 and 7 which we have Hastings, a clever footballer who was bought as a 13 tried at 7 with minimum result, AD bought as a FB where he failed , moved to the halves with minimum result, and Brooks who has not reached the heights we thought he would. Yet people think these are the people that will get the side up the ladder'

GET REAL,!

I dunno Lauren any more idiotic to stay here and carry the weight of a fan base sick of losing with him being at the top of the most responsible list for many - longest serving player to not play finals footy and all that other crap he cops
A change of scenery might at least give a new lease. Mentally if he is checked out and keen to play with Joey Johns not sure what Sheens will offer when the familiarity of the place probably is what he needs to get away from.
Sorry my comment was more a jab at the Knights. They're in a world of trouble if he's their missing piece of the puzzle. No offence.

Sorry my comment was more a jab at the Knights. They're in a world of trouble if he's their missing piece of the puzzle. No offence.
Wasnt offended at all Lauren no apologies needed. I agree that Newcastle is also not
a great option but it appears its the only one he "reportedly" is linked to.

Latest posts

Back