Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Updates from a guy who is in the know.

1. The club is going hard for David Fifita and we are in the box seat to get him.
2. Caleb Clarke is talking to the club. He wants a change from rugby and it's just about money at this point. Hopefully a deal will be done for next year.
3. The Roosters have dropped out of the race to secure RTS. The club have put in a good deal to get him here and hopefully this deal will happen.

I think these 3 guys would add a fair bit to our team.
Wow, Earl, I've seen quite a few posts from you over the years but can't remember you circulating rumours of this magnitude. That's why they have an air of authenticity about them. They are three big names and would be immense for the club in terms of prestige and playing power if they came off. Fingers crossed that your source is 'on the money'. Even two out of three would be pretty good.

1. The club is going hard for David Fifita and we are in the box seat to get him.
2. Caleb Clarke is talking to the club. He wants a change from rugby and it's just about money at this point. Hopefully a deal will be done for next year.
3. The Roosters have dropped out of the race to secure RTS. The club have put in a good deal to get him here and hopefully this deal will happen.

Not doubting your source man but how solid do you reckon it might be?

David Fifita would be a massive massive massive coup - he would be a game changer and should be targeted heavily I'd definitely put towards an 800k like deal

Caleb Clarke would be cool bit of a project - however do have my doubts about his defensive efforts wouldn't be opposed too the signing at all though

RTS is the signing if gettable we should be going extremely hard for as he's the type of player that can change a team - Benji and him have a good relationship and he's still 29

Side note: If we're going for Fifita.... the club must see either Bateman/Papalili as our lock moving forward unless Bateman deal isn't as on as the media are making it out to be?

Reactions: 851

WOWSERS!

Nice, Earlie-boy 👌

Why do people continually say that Benji will attract players to the WT's

He couldn't attract players when he was playing ...why would he attract players as a coach ...not as if he could coach the good things he did as a player ...it was too instinctive ...and half the things he did as a player you wouldn't want to be coached
That's just not true. He did attract players when he was playing. Numerous players when they signed were quoted as saying Benji was one of the reasons they were attracted to the club.

Whether or not he can do it as a coach remains to be seen.

Just to add to these points there is some bigger news.

Apparently Superman is coming to play for us at halfback.

If it's true it sounds like the Klemmer signing is dead and we're happy to take on one of the worst contracts ever signed.

Brandy said it best -

Why would we sign RTS. We've just signed Charlie Staines for better or worse and he will most likely play fullback.

Only reason we would sign Calen is if Nofa or Ken are leaving.

If it's true it sounds like the Klemmer signing is dead and we're happy to take on one of the worst contracts ever signed.

Brandy said it best -

Why would we sign RTS. We've just signed Charlie Staines for better or worse and he will most likely play fullback.

Only reason we would sign Calen is if Nofa or Ken are leaving.
Why wouldn’t you sign rts???

We'll put it down to the red moon that's been at play over the last few nights but some of the conduct on this thread has been atrocious.

I get that is the off-season, the club came dead last and petrol is over $2 a litre....

The mods don't mind when threads get slightly off topic, human nature and this is after all a social network.

But the personal attacks aren't on. The internet is full of trolls, negativity and hate. However, this forum for a long time has provided an outlet for our collective passion that is the Wests Tigers.

So with that in mind, let's make a renewed effort to cut the personal attacks and keep some sort of pleasantness about this place.

Don't like someone, use the ignore function.

My 2 cents
Hear hear!

Why do people continually say that Benji will attract players to the WT's

He couldn't attract players when he was playing ...why would he attract players as a coach ...not as if he could coach the good things he did as a player ...it was too instinctive ...and half the things he did as a player you wouldn't want to be coached

Different needs as a player to a coach. But I'm not convinced.
Time will tell if he can lure players into his vision & style of footy he wants to play.

As a coach his career actually hangs in the balance of the quality of his squad especially as a rookie coach which will be a big part of his ability to deliver results otherwise he is punted.

In 3-5yrs times most of the kids entering NRL wouldn't have seen Benji play in his prime so it will come down to how he sells the club for them to want to play for him.

He has cash & roster spots to go hunting - it will be interesting the squad he builds.

Back