Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

It's not unusual for players to swap, normally the coaching staff work with the players and come to a compromise. Look at Tigers ontacted players on your computer, it will show values and expiry dates , AD, and Laurie are just a couple with contracts ending next year, thats over a million there.
I'm thinking there might be some players sheens has earmarked right now for deletion/transfer pending on who he snares.
I'm going to sit back and watch it all unfold.
We've done alright so far, any other good signings will be the cream on top 👍

Sheens said in a recent interview that there will be more leaving, who would that be, and he wasn't referring to JH.
More cap space?
I'm excited that we are doing things 👍
Simpkin and Maumalo seem to be the two that people keep mentioning as possibly leaving.

Not sure why Simpkin would be released personally, considering Api isn’t usually an 80 minute hooker.

If he’s gone, we should’ve just kept Nu Brown.

And I like Ken but his injuries this year were handled disgracefully and is looking close to the end of his career.
Shame on the coaching and medical staff for putting him on the field week-in, week-out.

Balmain, Wests and the merger have a pretty good track record with English signings. Ellery, Garry Schofield, Andy Courier, Dave Bolton, Gareth Ellis, Lee Crooks, Brian Lockwood.
I reckon Bateman could be another and even better if Williams were to make the move as well.
And not to forget Harvey Howard for Wests Magpies in the late 90s.
Great heart & soul of a footballer!

Wonder why big Tuki Simpkins was kept? Was a Madge signing and hasn't played NRL this year. One would think he would be out the door
After speaking with Benji last week, he stated Sheens is very keen to work with Tuki.
Sheens and Benji will bring out the best of Tuki next season after having a good pre-season.
Where Tuki fits in the 17, bit early to tell at the moment, however we'll definitely see him.

Yep I was thinking the same thing, he has a players option for 2024 and atm I read he is currently on 950k?? which means he would be looking at 1.1m+....does that seem right. Who drops out to accommodate that?
Another thing Sleeve, you might be able to answer this.... Bateman is right edge as is Papa, is this an issue, can edge players change these days because I've lost the plot 🤣
Papi also played left side for Parra

After speaking with Benji last week, he stated Sheens is very keen to work with Tuki.
Sheens and Benji will bring out the best of Tuki next season after having a good pre-season.
Where Tuki fits in the 17, bit early to tell at the moment, however we'll definitely see him.

Sorry for my ignorance but who is Kiraz ?
El Masri's love child with Scheherazade?

Simpkin and Maumalo seem to be the two that people keep mentioning as possibly leaving.

Not sure why Simpkin would be released personally, considering Api isn’t usually an 80 minute hooker.

If he’s gone, we should’ve just kept Nu Brown.

And I like Ken but his injuries this year were handled disgracefully and is looking close to the end of his career.
Shame on the coaching and medical staff for putting him on the field week-in, week-out.
There's a bit of support for Rua mate but he's a benchie. If Api is not there for whatever reason, who is the 80 min replacement.

Last edited by a moderator:
We had half a dozen blokes on the sideline in suits, very stretched for troops.
Some were even playing out of position.
Sometimes it's not always smooth sailing.
Kenny still managed to score the bulk of tries on one leg though.

Not sure but I think AD at this stage won’t be retained given what his asking price was. Laurie might be another out the door. Only time will tell but we do have money in the cap as some of our big paid players are off contract.
Hopefully not Laurie, Cobar's bromance 🤣. He's another player yet to benefit from a good pack.
Hopefully we'll have more linebreaks and offloads for him to latch onto. Him and Speedy Staines just might have break-out years 🤞

Nu Brown: One year deal with bulldogs
The Huth: Two year extension at Panthers (DT)

In his 1st year he was offloading all the time then it was clear under Madge he was trained/told to play more controlling.

He comes across potential wise as a Sheens type just hope he can snap back and improve.

Back