Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I agree, I think if we can get our pack to even match the opposition we can start using the ball more, last few years we've had no room to move and the players have been used as battering rams.
Agree. In those games against Souths and Parra that we won, our forwards were competitive and it gave our halves something to build off. Need to use that as a blueprint.

We’ll see mate.

I agree with you though that I struggle to see them dropping too many places.

Too much quality everywhere else.
I think Mitch Kenny starts and holds the spot if they’re winning. Luke probably comes in if they have a dip in form.

Elias was my favourite player as a kid.

He killed Balmain with his toxic deals and got himself rich from our carcass. He constantly talks the club down in the media and pushes for us to move to Perth.

Pretty ugly when your own fans hate you. But that's Benny Elias.

He and Daine Laurie came to my kids school a few months ago, my oldest being school captain got to meet them. He is in year 6 and wasn't far off being taller than both of them! (admittedly he is about 5'7")
How cools that brother.
I believe Daino has been hitting the gym, did he look fit?

will api be in SOO next year?
Being current SOO incumbent number 9 he should be there, but in saying it will probably depend on how well the WestsTigers are travel next season, if we are up there with the top 8 teams then yes, but if we are at the bottom he might struggle to make the SOO side.

Reactions: 851
I can’t believe what I’m reading on here? Blocker and Benny are 2 legends of the joint venture. They are entitled to an opinion like the rest of us. All this dribble about Sheens has changed everything and fruit is falling from the trees? Let’s not set ourselves up for a big fall? We are the spooners until we get on the park and prove we’re not. And that’s what Mitch has to consider too.

If a team can’t do the basics you can’t ask them to do the skilful, particularly with no go forward. Our cattle has been limited to say the least.
That's why I think Sheens will focus on basic skills that have let us down for so long.

The basic stuff like passing, catching, quick play the balls with a dummy half in position to receive the ball at all times.

Basic stuff that you need to do to maintain possession and put maximum pressure on the oppositions defences while limiting their opportunities with the ball and keeping your self relatively fresh for when you have to defend.

That's why I think Sheens will focus on basic skills that have let us down for so long.

The basic stuff like passing, catching, quick play the balls with a dummy half in position to receive the ball at all times.

Basic stuff that you need to do to maintain possession and put maximum pressure on the oppositions defences while limiting their opportunities with the ball and keeping your self relatively fresh for when you have to defend.
All the stuff they should of learnt in flegg and Harold mats

Benny never played for Wests Tigers so he isn't a legend in my eyes, alot of his media dribble is actually annoying
This is what we get 100% wrong.
The Wests Tigers is not a new Club. In fact we are the oldest club because we have 200+ years of history.

The Glory of Balmain
The fight of the Magpies.

Benny Elias is a hero, he fought hard and rough for our club. So did Tommy, so did Blocker, so did Sironen.

Russell crowe read the book of feuds to souths, Easts pushes hard their culture. We have 2 great clubs with two great and deep cultures now coming as 1.

Latest posts

Staff online

Back