Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Thank you, thank you very much!
Yeah, my roots are from a half an hour or so drive up the Newell at Peak Hill, and without continuing gold mining, the festival is about the only stimulus that the town gets.

Our record at Leichhardt is abysmal. Few floggings to. How about we just try and get the two points for a change.
A j Brimson grows another leg at Leichardt made it a bad day out for me more then once

There are some players who could chase bigger money elsewhere as a fullback but happy to settle for less money to play as a winger and centre... Manu and Sua'ali'i being examples 🤥
They are not on less they are getting paid market value one way or another they made an offer to Bronson Xerri before his drug bust for $750K a year what do you think they are paying Joey 1.1/1.2 million ayear easy the Warriors offer was 1.1 million ayear

Reactions: 851
There are some players who could chase bigger money elsewhere as a fullback but happy to settle for less money to play as a winger and centre... Manu and Sua'ali'i being examples 🤥
Manu definitely I believe his contract was 500k if not last year then 2021. He was upgraded at some point... Joey Manu could easily get a 1Mil contract at fullback.

Sua'ali'i with 1 year contracts each negotiated for a higher price I don't think is settling for less money. I believe Sua'ali'i was already past 1 million dollar deal at Souths and signed for more with Easts... . Look Easts make discussing the salary cap funny for some reason. ;)

I notice that Easts, Manly and Knights use the "pay a few very good players well" idea. Knights paid 1m to get Klemmer then did it again to get Frizzel, it had a mixed success. Easts going hard for Cronk and SBW worked well for them. Yet it seems coaching flexibility, like allowing SBW to do boxing got them over the line.

I was just having a read on the Eels forum, and they are extremely confident that Moses has re-signed with them. I wonder if any of our insiders know and can confirm this.

It will be interesting to see how Brooks / AD / Daine work out this year and if any of them are extended prior to the season..

Last edited:
Manu definitely I believe his contract was 500k if not last year then 2021. He was upgraded at some point... Joey Manu could easily get a 1Mil contract at fullback.

Sua'ali'i with 1 year contracts each negotiated for a higher price I don't think is settling for less money. I believe Sua'ali'i was already past 1 million dollar deal at Souths and signed for more with Easts... . Look Easts make discussing the salary cap funny for some reason. ;)

I notice that Easts, Manly and Knights use the "pay a few very good players well" idea. Knights paid 1m to get Klemmer then did it again to get Frizzel, it had a mixed success. Easts going hard for Cronk and SBW worked well for them. Yet it seems coaching flexibility, like allowing SBW to do boxing got them over the line.
Except Easts have more than a few good players who are payed well, mostly outside of the cap. You have Tedesco, Manu, Suuali, Crighton, Keary, JWH, Brandon Smith, Collins, Tupou, Radley, Walker all on good money, then the Butcher brothers, Paulo, Watson, Turpin, Lodge to fit in as well, plus about 12 more players to fill the top 30

Except Easts have more than a few good players who are payed well, mostly outside of the cap. You have Tedesco, Manu, Suuali, Crighton, Keary, JWH, Brandon Smith, Collins, Tupou, Radley, Walker all on good money, then the Butcher brothers, Paulo, Watson, Turpin, Lodge to fit in as well, plus about 12 more players to fill the top 30
As Toovey said , something stinks!

I was just having a read on the Eels forum, and they are extremely confident that Moses has resigned with them. I wonder if any of our insiders know and can confirm this.

It will be interesting to see how Brooks / AD / Daine work out this year and if any of them are extended prior to the season..

I'd say Moses signed with them so we pulled out from Nathan Brown.

I was just having a read on the Eels forum, and they are extremely confident that Moses has resigned with them. I wonder if any of our insiders know and can confirm this.

I don't care who your favourite is, perform or go,,,,,, The game is about getting the best roster.
We will not succeed with ordinary, aim high or fail.

If MM has resigned then we’re in with a big chance of signing him as the Dogs have pulled out of the race for him.
Unless another club has suddenly decided to chase MM.

Yeah, my roots are from a half an hour or so drive up the Newell at Peak Hill, and without continuing gold mining, the festival is about the only stimulus that the town gets.
20 years ago I had a mate move out to Peak Hill with his wife and kids to start some biz. He was telling me it was the next boom town. He left 5 years later divorced and broke.

Plan B perhaps, not sure if it's already been posted sorry at work atm. If it has apologies mods.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230107-202633_Messenger.jpg
    Screenshot_20230107-202633_Messenger.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 92
Back