Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He's obviously rated in the game with Junior Origin and the likes....
I also rate him.

Rating a kid and handing him a full time NRL gig are a million miles apart.
That's where he's at for mine....

I'm not saying he's without potential,
Just that the levels that he's bigged up on here are not justified by his performances on the park

I know, I know, - Who'd have thought a talented kid could get super-hyped up on a forum.
A bit of Matt Groat reality - needed for fans and players who get carried away by hype.
Sheens should revisit some of his quotes from a decade ago - nothing wrong with positivity but from our position and easing these young players through restraint in relation to building up fan anticipation is probably safer for the players and himself.

A bit of Matt Groat reality - needed for fans and players who get carried away by hype.
Sheens should revisit some of his quotes from a decade ago - nothing wrong with positivity but from our position and easing these young players through restraint in relation to building up fan anticipation is probably safer for the players and himself.

Instead of focusing on that why don't you focus on the 3 GFs he won and way back when when we would make the finals?

Not many coaches are willing to coach coach crap clubs like Sheens has. Yeh he has made some mistakes along the way but who can really judge the man unless you have stepped in his shoes and see what it's like managing a low resourced club, would you have a clue what goes into it and what it takes?

Some of the facts are 4 coaches crashed and burned at wests tigers... got nowhere near the heights sheens did. The likes of belemy, that Roosters douche, too afraid to go outside the clubs that have an unfair advantage. Belemy sucked at origin coaching against his players.

I really do not respect the people that just want to magnify anything negative with sheens and have done nothing themselves to be in a position to judge the man.

At least put your knife down until the season starts.

I'd rather have transcendent, once in a generation talent or, failing that, obvious rep calibre. But there's also a place for solid first grade standard footballers, sure. I'm just not sure how successful a club is likely to be if its recruitment policy is to deliberately target slightly better than average.
Think it's more about filling gaps now while we develop from within In the future

Yeh it annoys me when players want positions but arnt good enough to warrant them.

1. Stains
4. Douhie
6.laurie
7. Brooks is way more rounded and gives us more attacking threats. However Brooks can't be the only kicker. Not sure if Daine has a long kicking game.
Yeah for me Douehi is a centre 100% and with Brooks and laurie having that express off the mark leg speed that will get defensive lines back on their heels and in 2 minds in my opinion is the way Sheens and Benji will opt for. No brainier if you ask me

He was not in the race for the coaching job. When our preferred coach went elsewhere , Wests asked him if he would be interested and he agreed for a couple of years. Sheens is great at bringing juniors through. It will be interesting watching both coaches this year.
At this point in time with this current club IMO way better then the original 5 year option

Instead of focusing on that why don't you focus on the 3 GFs he won and way back when when we would make the finals?

Not many coaches are willing to coach coach crap clubs like Sheens has. Yeh he has made some mistakes along the way but who can really judge the man unless you have stepped in his shoes and see what it's like managing a low resourced club, would you have a clue what goes into it and what it takes?

Some of the facts are 4 coaches crashed and burned at wests tigers... got nowhere near the heights sheens did. The likes of belemy, that Roosters douche, too afraid to go outside the clubs that have an unfair advantage. Belemy sucked at origin coaching against his players.

I really do not respect the people that just want to magnify anything negative with sheens and have done nothing themselves to be in a position to judge the man.

At least put your knife down until the season starts.
With all due respect to you I don't need reminding on what Sheens has achieved.
Also don't need a lecture about having an opinion that doesn't meet with your approval because I accept that not everyone shares my views and I would be very self involved to think otherwise

Last edited:
Yeah the dude in that pic looks like Asu Kepaoa .. ??

But back to Justin Matamua is he big enough for the NRL or will he be just another light weight forward with hype from the juniors .. ??
Are you kidding, have you seen the kid?

Wait until he fills out. He'll be somewhere between 105-110kgs, and he's twice the ball player that Doueihi is too.

Are you kidding, have you seen the kid?

Wait until he fills out. He'll be somewhere between 105-110kgs, and he's twice the ball player that Doueihi is too.
Good post BB. I read he is 6ft 1 inch and just over 16 stone or 103-4 kgs. I believe it is his skill with the ball, his passing game in traffic, which is most exciting. He is impressing the right people and that I thought is what all supporters wanted?

Agreed , we also getting the same comments about our young forwards coming throw , they like the backs have done nothing , POLE is the only one who looks the goods . Yet plenty on here don’t want experience forwards like Nathan brown who would fill a important roll over the next two years while the kids sort themselves out . We need hard heads to drag our poor club out of this crap so players will want to come without us having to pay massive overs , the kids will get there chance , but it’s like building a house u need a good foundation to start with .
Yes and no, In todays market and players attitude of the new gen. They won’t wait, if u hold them back to long then other clubs will swoop in! Don’t we have enough ‘foundations’? Twal, Klemmer, api, Ofa, Nofa, brooks and Bateman. Block the pathways and they mite sod off.

Back