Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

FWIW I have heard exactly the same as @tigermate through a family member who has a direct link to Parra through his friendship with a relation of prominent ex Parra player still very much involved with the club. He was also told that the Bulldogs made the highest offer - Gus going in another direction may suggest he knew he was staying put. It seems all will be revealed sooner rather than later

Mosses has a big call to make
stay at the eels and if they go backwards which I think will happen he will cop it big time as the failing half back dud
sign with the Tigers and look like a champ as we go forward which I predict we will , more cash , back with Brooks , back with a wining tigers pack on the March , if he is smart he moves to Tigers

I just can’t believe this, if Moses uncle deals this way it would be all over every coaches handbook! Let’s face it, people talk an if Moses is playing coaches and teams like this. It would be all over very soon, that crap wouldn’t fly for long…
Of course he deals this way. His number one goal is to get the best deal for his client at the club his client wants to play at. If he can use the negotiations for one of his clients to benefit another client he will do so.

There is a reason clubs like the Chooks try and avoid his clients. Anyway we had a real crack and the whole exercise highlights how important the pathway system is

Maybe it will be like wrestling and Moses dons the Parra jersey, shakes Brad Arthur’s hand and then boom! Stone Cold Stunner! Then Moses unveils the Tigers jersey and starts smashing beers! Meanwhile Jim Ross going off with “My God! My God! My God!”

We now have a strong forward pack who can compete with the best teams in the competition so we need an organiser to guide them around the park & Brooks or Doueihi are not the answer. Moses is & we desperately need him to be a threat for the premiership in 2024 so good on the Tigers for chasing him hard. If we miss out at least Sheensy & Marshall tried their best to bring him back home & it shows that they are targeting the right players that we need, fingers crossed for Thursday’s meeting. I would also give him the captaincy as part of the deal.

Of course he deals this way. His number one goal is to get the best deal for his client at the club his client wants to play at. If he can use the negotiations for one of his clients to benefit another client he will do so.

This makes sense even though it is dodgy. The key point is though how stupid would you have to be to believe that because we signed Bateman we'd get Moses unless it was part of the contract ?

With complete respect to everyone I rate this forum pretty lowly on the intelligence scale (including myself) and how many on here would fall for that ?

I've always thought the Bateman signing was risky but surely they've signed him because they rate him as a player. Surely they let Hastings go because they didn't rate him that highly. They were even playing him as a lock.

Let's see what happens anyway. I have no idea why you'd go to a meeting with a contract ready to sign to tell them no thanks buddy. You'd have to be a real knob. I suppose in this instance it makes sense.

I would also give him the captaincy as part of the deal.

Mate - they've put together a really good deal for a guy who isn't great but is heaps better than what we have in a position where we are weak. I don't know what else they can do. I think the deal is so good for Moses that it's a risky signing for us.

There is a reason clubs like the Chooks try and avoid his clients. Anyway we had a real crack and the whole exercise highlights how important the pathway system is
I know what he is trying to do. Just can’t see this style lasting very long before teams just ignore his suggestions!

It's too early to call the Moses situation either way.

However, the fact that Gus has moved on, tells me he knows he's staying. This perceived confidence is worrying, when other clubs have already moved to other options.

The amount of 'my mates brothers hair dresser is the cousin of the parra ball boy' going on is hilarious

Guys if the parra players knew it would be in the media already. You really think its going to start getting to people on forums third hand before the jernos?

I know the Pom said the club was confident on MM signing with us but I think it’s more likely they’re looking for a higher price from us

Latest posts

Back