Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

The word may have been picked up from Hawaiian, but the Kanakas in Australia were not Hawaiian, and not Samoan. They were Melanesians, not Polynesians, and majority were from the Solomons.

I'm happy to start a seperate 'Kanakas were definitely not Samoan' thread if you want.
Kanaka isn't probably the right Islander prononced or even spoken word

Remember the Hawaiians only have a 13 letter alphabet ......

Last edited:
Question for the POM or anyone else in the know . My mate who has the same manager as Nathan brown , told me a couple of months ago that he was a done deal to come to the tigers and they were just waiting for pieces to fall into place , is there any news to what happened, did we pull out or is it still going ahead once brown gets over his hamstring problem . Cheers
Ot coming

Ok, here comes another 'this person said that' story....I was at a function called the Headmaster's Gathering yesterday evening (I'm a teacher) and was speaking to a staunch Parra supporter (husband of a teacher), who alleges to have contacts with the club. He said the feeling in and around the Eels is that Moses has signed with the Tigers. If this is true, it's exciting but I still maintain 1.4 mil a year, for a player who will be 29 when he comes in 24, is bad business.

Last edited:
I'll also add that the teacher I was speaking to, who is a mad Parra supporter (but lovely and intelligent), said she loved Moses, adding that he was not only supremely talented but a good guy who had grown up a lot since his brattish Tiger days.

Last edited:
Ok here, comes another 'this person said that' story....I was at a function called the Headmaster's Gathering yesterday evening (I'm a teacher) and was speaking to a staunch Parra supporter (wife of a teacher), who alleges to have contacts with the club. He said the feeling in and around the Eels is that Moses has signed with the Tigers. If this is true, it's exciting but I still maintain 1.4 mil a year for a player who will be 29, when he comes, is 24 is bad business.
I think 1.1million and above is the new normal for halves now and as a club we need to pay slightly over that.

Ok here, comes another 'this person said that' story....I was at a function called the Headmaster's Gathering yesterday evening (I'm a teacher) and was speaking to a staunch Parra supporter (wife of a teacher), who alleges to have contacts with the club. He said the feeling in and around the Eels is that Moses has signed with the Tigers. If this is true, it's exciting but I still maintain 1.4 mil a year for a player who will be 29, when he comes, is 24 is bad business.
I hope she is right!!

Latest posts

Back