Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

How was their forward pack?

This is a rundown of that competition. Unfortunately it doesn't give you team sheets . I do know that Bryce Cartwright, DWZ and Adam Elliott were in the side. But if you look through the page there are a lot of current NRL players in there. Joe O for Qld, Matt Lodge, Clint Gutho, Dylan Walker etc. Then if you look at the Aust Schoolboys team its a who's who. Joe O couldn't make the side to play England who had an Academy player by the name of John Bateman. People who think that pathways don't matter should look at this type of thing.

Is it not true that Moses, Brooks, and Bateman are all with Isaac Moses management company. I'd say we have had to jump more than one hoop...
Bingo.!Sure don't want a repeat of 2018 where the club was brought to its knees by one all powerful player manger..and thats maybe whats happening behind the scenes
It's critical that WTs are calling the shots on our players,not Moses and,..and if it means we walk away,so be it

Last edited:
First time commenter long time reader -
Its rough to get a read on the moses situation. Miks rugby league page on instagram reckons Mitch has already re-signed with the Eels and just waiting for it to be registered by the NRL to be announced and his oil is pretty spot on in the past, also seems pretty confident shutting down any commenter who thinks otherwise, then again they said it would be announced this week just gone and it hasnt.. nothings official until its official but man i wish it would be announced one way or the other now so we can either move on or bring him into our plans.

First time commenter long time reader -
Its rough to get a read on the moses situation. Miks rugby league page on instagram reckons Mitch has already re-signed with the Eels and just waiting for it to be registered by the NRL to be announced and his oil is pretty spot on in the past, also seems pretty confident shutting down any commenter who thinks otherwise, then again they said it would be announced this week just gone and it hasnt.. nothings official until its official but man i wish it would be announced one way or the other now so we can either move on or bring him into our plans.
Mik is a female who posts random stuff without a source, more often that not.

Grain of salt with that one...

Bingo.!Sure don't want a repeat of 2018 where the club was brought to its knees by one all powerful player manger..and thats maybe whats happening behind the scenes
It's critical that WTs are calling the shots on our players,not Moses and,..and if it means we walk away,so be it

Club brought to its knees when Sheens left.

I wish I saw Brooks as a junior. I'm sure it's nothing like he has been the last few years I suspect a lot has been coached out of him.
He was pretty sharp and played a lot of off the cuff footy. Was surrounded by like minded individuals and encouraged to play that way.
Unfortunately you’re correct, a lot if not all that flamboyance is coached out of the top tier although there are still those that play with a gut feel for any situation.
If Sheens can turn back the clock we may well see a very different Brooks this season. I hope so coz if you find some tapes of the old days he was dynamic.

He was pretty sharp and played a lot of off the cuff footy. Was surrounded by like minded individuals and encouraged to play that way.
Unfortunately you’re correct, a lot if not all that flamboyance is coached out of the top tier although there are still those that play with a gut feel for any situation.
If Sheens can turn back the clock we may well see a very different Brooks this season. I hope so coz if you find some tapes of the old days he was dynamic.

Yeh after seeing isdale in hm yesterday made me think of Brooks for some reason. Looks like him a bit.

Right yeah i lm taking everything with a grain of salt atm. But like i said MM needs to make up his mind cause its not helping eels nor the tigers.
Doesn't really affect us - our halves are sorted for 2023 as are the eels. Does affect how things might play out over the next 12 months.

Pretty crazy too, if my memory serves me correct Brooks by passed NYC (the under 20s at the time) and reserve grade and was accelerated to first grade. Cannot be the best development pathway.

I just did a bit of research about Brooks younger days when he was getting big reviews but one memorable quote said “ for real hype look at the two of them I.e. Brooks/ Moses “.
They began playing together at age 12 and had an uncanny association on the footy field.
That’s why we want Moses back, to try and recreate that excitement from all those years sgo. Right through school, junior reps and on to grade they were the dynamic duo in every team they played in. They created confidence in each other. Sure there was also Teddy and others in the mix but they were the creators.
Sheens, Benji and Robbie know that, hence their interest in bringing Moses home, both in his own right and for the possibility of bringing the very best out of Brooks.
Let’s see what happens.

Latest posts

Back