Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I could be wrong but I thought Sheens' comments about our juniors was in reference to our SG Ball and Harold Matthews boys.
AFAIK there would probably only be a handful of actual WTs juniors in tonight's team anyway.
You're correct Lauren. I like to see how our young players are progressing. Tumeth, Sukkar and Camroux (Balmain), and Matamua (Wests) may be the local juniors who played.

Edit Rua ngatikaura (Wests) as well.

Probably the only forward in last years side, that would have walked into another first gde side- Joffa. Stef, Blore, Pole as yet have not done much, but show promise (how many times have we heard this ?) Then Bateman who played his best football years ago, and may be past his use buy date. And people think we should trade Joffa ! - Crazy .
Agreed

wow 48-12 and we get thumped by a team "warriors" that are meant to be doing nothing.

Sheensball won't work if we can't defend. We should not be conceding 48 points.
Played way to many young blokes.should only have played whoever could play first grade this year.Could have destroyed the confidence in some young blokes
I THINK SHEENS OVERDID IT

Played way to many young blokes.should only have played whoever could play first grade this year.Could have destroyed the confidence in some young blokes
I THINK SHEENS OVERDID IT
It’s just a trial, relax no confidence will be lost
Better playing then now in a game that means nothing then later in the season when it matters

Really looking forward to this trial. Not only does it scratch that itch I have had since the world cup finished, but I am looking forward to having a look at some of our young kids, particularly Feledy, Bula and Scolari, and also some of the new recruits like Staines and Reilly.

how did you find it?

Lots of optimism?

I could be wrong but I thought Sheens' comments about our juniors was in reference to our SG Ball and Harold Matthews boys.
AFAIK there would probably only be a handful of actual WTs juniors in tonight's team anyway.

Yep, tend to agree our hope is is the matts, SG sides.

But I think tonight showed the harsh reality between the gap to compete with the rest of the NRL.

It's a big jump from junior comps to nrl. Not many have showed they are up to it.

Let’s not forget that in Sheens first reign we only won 1 or 2 trials games. I remember celebrating hard a trial win against the Roosters in the mid 2000’s like it was the Amco cup. Next week will be the real measure of the squad for the season.

Let’s not forget that in Sheens first reign we only won 1 or 2 trials games. I remember celebrating hard a trial win against the Roosters in the mid 2000’s like it was the Amco cup. Next week will be the real measure of the squad for the season.
Yeah. I'm getting old, but my recollection of Sheens and trials are we were never real flash. One of the years we finished top four we were pumped by Parra in a trial. They missed the 8.

Latest posts

Back