Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

So simple, and only to be expected. The club bought 5 new players, and tried for 6. They have to control the cap space and money. Class players by the way. This is the coaching staffs first year, and we are yet to play a game. 1st gde has obviously been the priority at this stage,and the rest will come. To manage pathways, the cup side, recruitment, training and the multitude of things required to run the club would not be easy. The whole coaching side has only been together for a few months. Give them 6 mths at least, and then you can bag them if they deserve it
Great post Sleeve. What we're witnessing is the foundation of the new team over the next 2 years. This was explained previously by the club. The club has done well for recruitment this year and I would imagine it will continue next season. There is only so much that can be achieved especially when required to move a significant portion of the roster on.

So simple, and only to be expected. The club bought 5 new players, and tried for 6. They have to control the cap space and money. Class players by the way. This is the coaching staffs first year, and we are yet to play a game. 1st gde has obviously been the priority at this stage,and the rest will come. To manage pathways, the cup side, recruitment, training and the multitude of things required to run the club would not be easy. The whole coaching side has only been together for a few months. Give them 6 mths at least, and then you can bag them if they deserve it
Bagging the coach solves nothing- we have done that for years. The reality is that if the squad is not good enough no matter who the coach is we will be exposed against better squads. Our club was embarrassed last week because the team we fielded was completely out of their depth - even as depth players. That is a major concern. Canterbury Manly Warriors Dolphins all have new coaching teams and all with weakened squads looked miles ahead of us - let alone the likes of the stronger clubs.
We need a good performance this week to give the fans something to be hopeful about.

Brooks has not been seen since he done his calf , now it’s been months since he done it , so I am thinking he has re done it a few times since , this could be a huge problem for us , since we don’t Half much depth

Don’t be shocked if Wakeman goes ok this game , if our forwards can match the raiders which I think we can this could give wakeman and Simpkins a bit of time and space , I think he will go ok , just a feeling I got , I would not right any player off just yet as poor , give them a few games

Shakes head n disbelief .. has Sayfarth have naked photos of the coach or something .. ?? how does he keep getting picked .. ?? Just watch him in this game this sunday .. watch him get hit and pushed back time after time, hit after hit .. he'll give a stupid penalty or 2 away during the game.
He is so ineffective .. i dont give two rats about his personal circumstances .. this is professional sport .. if you cant add anything to the team .. move on.

Shakes head n disbelief .. has Sayfarth have naked photos of the coach or something .. ?? how does he keep getting picked .. ?? Just watch him in this game this sunday .. watch him get hit and pushed back time after time, hit after hit .. he'll give a stupid penalty or 2 away during the game.
He is so ineffective .. i dont give two rats about his personal circumstances .. this is professional sport .. if you cant add anything to the team .. move on.

Great trainer struggles to be effective on the field

Seriously, who bags out someone who isn't here to reply?

Even if he doesn't post here anymore, there's nothing gained in attacking him.

also, off topic! *waves flag*
There was a reference to mods. And I got booted off for having a point of view - seek posts from Donald Trump.

Don’t be shocked if Wakeman goes ok this game , if our forwards can match the raiders which I think we can this could give wakeman and Simpkins a bit of time and space , I think he will go ok , just a feeling I got , I would not right any player off just yet as poor , give them a few games
Also, Wakeham just joined two or three weeks ago plus he and the team didn't have much time in NZ before the Warriors trial. Wasn't surprised him and Reilly were not clicking.

Was he playing a different sport before joining?

Understand what you mean, but I still don't see him being anything more than 3rd string.
Yeah that’s what he is but. He’s a backup half back we signed him for cover if we get injuries. People are expecting cooper Cronk out of him but in reality he’s a halfback on a minimum contract

Yeah that’s what he is but. He’s a backup half back we signed him for cover if we get injuries. People are expecting cooper Cronk out of him but in reality he’s a halfback on a minimum contract
I think people are concerned that we've gone backwards in the halves after a wooden spoon season.

Last year we had Hastings who outperformed Brooks at 7, and Madden who was a much better back up option than Wakeham.

Forwards have been strengthened which is great, but if we don't land Moses for 2024 we are in deep trouble with our halves.

Back