Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

There is an article on WWOS commenting on Leniu signing for the Roosters and I quote “Leniu signed for around $520,000 on the books”.

What a rort. I would have paid $800k for him. The fact that journalists are happy to comment in the press that, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, the Roosters have on the books and off the books payments shows what a joke the system is.

There is an article on WWOS commenting on Leniu signing for the Roosters and I quote “Leniu signed for around $520,000 on the books”.

What a rort. I would have paid $800k for him. The fact that journalists are happy to comment in the press that, nudge, nudge, wink, wink, the Roosters have on the books and off the books payments shows what a joke the system is.
Roosters have Ian Schubert working at their club.

What a rort. I would have paid $800k for him.

I don't think he is worth this much now. He is a bench forward who rips and tears but I don't know if that is worth 800k.

I think that amount on the books isn't too bad but probably lots of clubs would pay that. It's just that scum of a club pays another 300k+ off the books.

I don’t think he is a $800k player.
He basically plays 25-35mins a game off the bench. Not saying he doesn’t have potential but do think $500k would be a sizable uplift on his current deal and is probably fair game.

I don't think Leniu is worth 800k, yet 520k seems too low.

Surprised as I know the bulldogs were trying hard to sign him. Thompson also freed up their cap considerably so they had 800k to play with.

Why did the Roosters get him for 520k?

IMHO we should have offered him 600k as we have the money from Moses. Stuff Halfbacks, lets get a pack with more punch and be feared for awhile.

I don't think he is worth this much now. He is a bench forward who rips and tears but I don't know if that is worth 800k.

I think that amount on the books isn't too bad but probably lots of clubs would pay that. It's just that scum of a club pays another 300k+ off the books.

The only way to catch them out is with
a whistle blower you'd have 2 think.
It's an open secret, even the pundits
joke about it, absolute farce that they're
not looked at more forensicly...
I remember John Singleton on the
Matty John's podcast calling chooks
& Politis out about payments a few
years ago. It's infuriating watching
everyone joke about it and then it all
just gets swept to the side 1 minute
later. I can't stand the shifty pricks
and their tiny, smug supporter base lol

Last edited:

Surprised as I know the bulldogs were trying hard to sign him. Thompson also freed up their cap considerably so they had 800k to play with.

IMHO we should have offered him 600k as we have the money from Moses. Stuff Halfbacks, lets get a pack with more punch and be feared for awhile.

If we have rubbish halves it doesn't matter how good the forward pack is. Have a look how Tonga and their dynamite forward pack went in the world cup with Lolohea playing halfback.

I would've openly offered 800k and see what happened....nothing to lose

ISC went bust didn't they?
I occasionally still get emails from ISC.

As far as I know they are still up and running but whether they are manufacturing much stuff or just generally selling merchandise, I'm not sure.

They seem to sell a lot of Puma stuff.

Watched NRL 360. and saw the panel mentioning Easts 3.6 mil over the salary cap,wit third party deals.
Anasta as a player manager,ex player and with close ties to Nick looked extremely uncomfortable.
The whole purpose of the salary cap, was to keep the competition fair. That ultra rich clubs, can get away with this, is a blot on the game. I want the players to earn as much as they can, but the NRL must ensure a fair playing field.

Watched NRL 360. and saw the panel mentioning Easts 3.6 mil over the salary cap,wit third party deals.
Anasta as a player manager,ex player and with close ties to Nick looked extremely uncomfortable.
The whole purpose of the salary cap, was to keep the competition fair. That ultra rich clubs, can get away with this, is a blot on the game. I want the players to earn as much as they can, but the NRL must ensure a fair playing field.
It is nothing new and we have had the salary cap debate so often. The NRL will continue to sit on its hands because they know it’s a massive bomb that will explode in their face if they start digging and it will bring plenty of high profile people down in the blast.

Our only hope is whistle blower gets someone like four corners on the job as they are independent from the game, although the ABC has media rights. 99% of mainstream media will not go near it because they earn their bread butter from the game.

What we need is a massive broom through HQ who have zero connections with any of the power brokers who run the game

The NRL are too scared of Uncle Nick other than turn their backs and look in the other direction and hope it goes away.

Kent, Buzz and Crawley were keen on the NRL making public all the players salaries, even 3rd party deals, Anasta was arguing against all 3 of them, trying to say it's a breach of privacy. Kent rightly said, the prime ministers salary is public, every other sports salaries are public, so why are NRL players so different

Funny thing is Anasta on 360 was saying guys take unders to go there because of the networking available for future work in the media or business. But I thought 1. Players wernt allowed to be signed for massive unders and 2. Any income generated outside the game as a result of a players contract is all included in the salary cap. So if player A signs for 300k under value because a board member promised them a career in the media after they retire it should all be included and details disclosed in the salary cap. Thats what Pasco got pinged for for Robbie, not disclosing the contract offer once he retired. Having the contract off site.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.
Back