Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Nothing is going to change till we land two elite players for the spine. How and who we land is the million dollar question. We need class with a capital C. We have the players for the elite to play around, but this club is going nowhere till that happens

Nothing is going to change till we land two elite players for the spine. How and who we land is the million dollar question. We need class with a capital C. We have the players for the elite to play around, but this club is going nowhere till that happens
Problem is we’re not going to land elite players until we make the 8.

Think we need consistent players in the spine with elite forwards and much better backs than we have. Why I think it’s time sit Douiehi down and tell him he is our right centre as we’d then have much of the team sorted except 1,6 & 7. Hopefully a Sezer/Townsend esque halves pairing could get us to 6 - 8. From there look for bring through talented juniors and buy elite spine.

Your should always invest in all grades! Don't rely on one set of youngsters, have a conveyor belt.
That's what clubs like the Panthers, Sharks, Raiders have
Yep, disgrace considering how poorly our first grade side is going that they’ve ignored flegg. And tbh - they’ve not done a whole lot at matts or ball level, mostly just got lucky a good crop has come through wests at the same time. They’re also not that good - doubt we will have a single side in Matt’s or ball finish top four.

We had Balmain with brooks and Moses win Matt’s and ball b2b and that didn’t deliver us a good first grade side. Current lot ain’t going to do any better than them.

Instead of looking for a half back full back etc we need to learn to tackle we leak points like a sieve at start of every game then have to chase them which puts pressure on the half's so maybe some defensive work might go along way to freeing up the attack
Sheen's still has the knack of winning the 2nd half,its a start?1 into 4 means lost by on average a converted try field goal,replace Lucky Luke and we"ed be where we should be

Instead of looking for a half back full back etc we need to learn to tackle we leak points like a sieve at start of every game then have to chase them which puts pressure on the half's so maybe some defensive work might go along way to freeing up the attack
if only our forwards marched straight ahead

Good to see you online ☺️

I've probably only made a handful of suggestions, so it's good to see I got one right 😂
bah humbug,the interweb is as exciting as searching 150 mtrs of toothpaste isle for value

Your should always invest in all grades! Don't rely on one set of youngsters, have a conveyor belt.
That's what clubs like the Panthers, Sharks, Raiders have
Agree. One of our biggest problems is we have to many guys scraping into the division above into a struggling team.

If we had kept a few of those players in the lower grades to let them dominate, not only would it breed a “winning culture” but it would help the one or two players making the step not look so out of place because the mistakes wouldn’t be as costly or more likely to be covered. If the blokes either side of you are struggling and second guessing themselves also it compounds and becomes a self fulfilling proficy.

Build a strong Flegg and KOE cup, then that experience and culture will flow into the top grade when they debut as long as you sprinkle it with marquee players and everyone is at a capable level.

We have the marquee players now. Paps, API, Bateman, Klemmer. Problem is the rest of the team has been promoted into a team that has been losing for a decade and have been promoted through unsuccessful lower grades that were transient in nature and players were hoping for a quick debut because of the poor quality first grade side.

Agree. One of our biggest problems is we have to many guys scraping into the division above into a struggling team.

If we had kept a few of those players in the lower grades to let them dominate, not only would it breed a “winning culture” but it would help the one or two players making the step not look so out of place because the mistakes wouldn’t be as costly or more likely to be covered. If the blokes either side of you are struggling and second guessing themselves also it compounds and becomes a self fulfilling proficy.

Build a strong Flegg and KOE cup, then that experience and culture will flow into the top grade when they debut as long as you sprinkle it with marquee players and everyone is at a capable level.

We have the marquee players now. Paps, API, Bateman, Klemmer. Problem is the rest of the team has been promoted into a team that has been losing for a decade and have been promoted through unsuccessful lower grades that were transient in nature and players were hoping for a quick debut because of the poor quality first grade side.
Think u build it from the ground up.

George Williams might be THE target, but personally, I'd like Blake Taafe added to the squad...

Blake Taafe would be a great replacement for Laurie who seems on the way out. A back up 1 with genuine upside to possibly grow into a good 6, maybe 7. Also tough enough to play the 14 role. He would be a great squad member.

We all want to sign big names and classy players, but the reality is it's hard, so we need to take younger guys who have shown something and are hungry for an opportunity. Taafe fits this. So does Connor Tracy and Dean Hawkins. Also Trindall, but he is locked up for years.

I thought Taafe deserved first crack as Adam Reynolds replacement with his effort filling in for Latrell, but I believe he said he isn't ready to be an NRL 7. I would be curious to know what part of his game he believed wasn't ready, and if that thought has changed. He seems to me to have the attributes. His running game as a 7 would be great, he has a nice ability to engage the line and throw a good ball. Has a good boot on him, so I'm sure his kicking game would be good with hard work. The only unknown I guess is his voice and ability to push the team around taking right options. Which obviously is what we are craving. He seriously could be a good 7 if he has the confident personality required.

Back