Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I assume so given Lee's on the record comments on the matter. If i had to take a stab in the dark about it i would say after the backlash it copped an official announcement was possibly the silliest thing they could do.

Funny how sheens has McDonnell by his side everywhere he goes now. Doesn't look like they're listening about the pathway pivot

Omg people still debating Brooks on here.

10 yrs

That’s all anyone needs to say

When he broke through after Bulla passed him the ball and he failed to look back inside and put Bulla under the post is Luke brooks to a tee.

Can’t play eyes up.

Can’t nail the big plays.

Yeah he can run like a headless chock - so what?

10 yrs

Everyone pumping him up needs to shhhh

Omg people still debating Brooks on here.

10 yrs

That’s all anyone needs to say

When he broke through after Bulla passed him the ball and he failed to look back inside and put Bulla under the post is Luke brooks to a tee.

Can’t play eyes up.

Can’t nail the big plays.

Yeah he can run like a headless chock - so what?

10 yrs

Everyone pumping him up needs to shhhh
100%

How many tries in that position has Cherry Evans [This word has been automatically removed]ed up? Anytime he is involved in a break they score.
When Ben Hunt had no support against us in the last minute he still found a pass to keep the play going,
Brooks had Bula screaming on his right and looked left, if that doesn't sum him up his inability to listen I don't know what does.

Could be a false perception but he always seems to be injured.
If he's just had a lot of bad luck with injuries, he'd still be worth signing, but if he's got Turbo style hammy issues or some other nasty long term problems, pass!

Reactions: 851
Don’t want SJ or hunt , both have maybe 1-2 years left , we need a young 1/2 with great potential to build with the team not someone like them two who will be looking for there pension
Young guns like Moses/Brooks? That worked out well. An experienced head is exactly what we need at halfback someone who will mentor the young guns coming through. If we have the opportunity to pursue Hunt and don't we have completely lost the plot.

Funny how sheens has McDonnell by his side everywhere he goes now. Doesn't look like they're listening about the pathway pivot
He has the title Football Operations Manager too, not sure whether this came about pre or post Fulton, but explains why he is still involved closely with Sheens.

Once Bula gets a bit more experience I'd like to see him at 6. The next Nicho. See how Brooksy goes with Jahream outisde him.
Bula is an athlete, a runner. Ballplaying has never been one of his key strengths. He's put in a couple of grubbers which have been good, great to have that option, but he's never demonstrated any advanced passing or kicking game. He's played his career in the centres and on the wing, and recently at fullback.

He has a completely different skillset to Hynes, who is an elite halfback.

Put yourself in Hunt's shoes. He's at a troubled merger club with bad management guaranteed big money, if he were to leave do you think he we want to come here?

IMO if Hunt leaves the Dragons, he's going to a successful club.

Johnson on the other hand is at a club with Te Maire Martin, Volkman, Metcalf all competing for NRL positions, and they've just signed RTS.

I think if we prioritise Hunt we end up with neither.
Hunt is not an option for us. People need to get that into their heads. He will no join us.

He's already stated (indirectly) that if he moves he wants to win a premiership. He's been on a million bucks a year for a while now, he wants to win, not take the cash. All we have to offer is $$. Maybe if we offered him 1.2-1.3 million he may consider us if no winners were taking an interest, but i imagine a club like the Roosters would be all over him and get him for 600k.

Bula is an athlete, a runner. Ballplaying has never been one of his key strengths. He's put in a couple of grubbers which have been good, great to have that option, but he's never demonstrated any advanced passing or kicking game. He's played his career in the centres and on the wing, and recently at fullback.

He has a completely different skillset to Hynes, who is an elite halfback.
Yes but one thing we are learning about Bula is he is a very quick learner & adapter. His elite basketball background shows he has exceptional hand-eye coordination not to mention standing leap. We've already seen him execute some final try assist passes very well & take bombs well even that one in front of his body (against the Dragons). He just seems one of those gifted athletes that will be able to develop a deft short kicking game and have a good feel for distance off his foot if I'm making sense.

Hunt is not an option for us. People need to get that into their heads. He will no join us.

He's already stated (indirectly) that if he moves he wants to win a premiership. He's been on a million bucks a year for a while now, he wants to win, not take the cash. All we have to offer is $$. Maybe if we offered him 1.2-1.3 million he may consider us if no winners were taking an interest, but i imagine a club like the Roosters would be all over him and get him for 600k.
I agree & think our only experience halfback options will be Johnson, Townsend (if Cows are targeting someone new) and if all else fails Sezer.

A few others have mentioned him on here but a player I would be paying slight overs for & try to arrange a swap with the Sharks is CONNOR TRACEY. I believe he would be a great 5/8 for us while we develop the next generation, bringing leadership, experience, speed, good defence & skill. Came into grade as a halfback and is reportedly a great clubman.

If the reports are true that Kayal Iro is being shopped to Super League by Tyran Smith, I'd look into an AJ Kepaoa for Connor Tracey swap. Both under contract and would bring value to their new club. AJ is expendable with Naden & T'oa ahead of him in the centres and our dearth of backrowers.

Filling our halve potions is the highest risks positions in the comp atm.

The pressure on anyone who enters the role is massive & they will absolutely hammered if results don’t happen.

I have no issues going for an experienced head but they will all be stop gap solutions and besides we need 2 halves anyway let alone backups.

Cooper Cronk is leading the call at the Roosters on the halves you can see they have changed the style this season.

People are over thinking things with Walker.
He isn’t the reason the Roosters suck of late in last 2 games with Keary and Manu they have scored 1 try & in the 3rd game beat the Dragons by 1pt. Before that when Walker played they averaged 17.6pts a game beating Warriors, Souths and Parra (whilst losing as well).

Our biggest weakness right now is someone who creates & we want someone to build around. Name a 18/19 yr old who has 37 try assists, 27 drop outs, tackles at 85%+ runs over 60mtrs a game and offloads as well with 50 games under his belt. Sure the Roosters quality has an impact on that but lets be real the kid deserves some credit he can play.

I agree, our biggest weakness is we lack someone who creates.

What about John Schuster? He has plenty of skill and size, and he's young with good pedigree

Reactions: 851
Young guns like Moses/Brooks? That worked out well. An experienced head is exactly what we need at halfback someone who will mentor the young guns coming through. If we have the opportunity to pursue Hunt and don't we have completely lost the plot.
1st Moses had more up size than SJ or hunt , I never mentioned brooks , on the other part of ur statement we don’t have any young guns in our ranks for them to learn of anyone , so we are back to square one

Back