Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Not that I disagree with you, but who do you have in mind?
Absolutely f’n no one - that’s how you hurl garbage like that out there…
As I said earlier - Sandow (never an elite half) was getting 500k in like 2012…

Anyone who thinks you’ll get an all season starting half for 400-500k…. Is still buying frozen cokes at maccas to try win a car..,

We signed him to help Roosters out and he’s a reserve grader. Can’t catch. Move on.
was waiting for someone to blame Brooks short ball for his drop on the weekend - he wasn’t even looking at the ball, didn’t have his hands up - and was 20m upfield before he even realised he’d knocked on…

Seen plenty bigging him up, I don’t rate Talau much - but if he picking Him over AJ

Is there actually fire to all of this Fulton - Manly smoke? It seems like the only players we've been linked to in the past month are from there. They're not exactly an amazing team. It worries me if Fulton is actually trying to recruit Schuster, Koula, Sipley, Fainu etc...there are 14 other clubs we aren't linked to at all at the moment. Probs just lazy journos putting 1 and 1 together though.

Is there actually fire to all of this Fulton - Manly smoke? It seems like the only players we've been linked to in the past month are from there. They're not exactly an amazing team. It worries me if Fulton is actually trying to recruit Schuster, Koula, Sipley, Fainu etc...there are 14 other clubs we aren't linked to at all at the moment. Probs just lazy journos putting 1 and 1 together though.
But are you sure we’ re not linked or just not aware of it ?
I don’t know either but I’m prepared to wait a little longer to see what eventuates.

Why offer a 2 year extension, offer him 1 year why Sheen’s is head coach giving benji another year to make his mind up if Brooks is one of the halves he wants when he takes the reigns,you never know another option might come out of nowhere in the next 12 months.
Its amazing how all players raise their performance in their final year of a contract.

Why offer a 2 year extension, offer him 1 year why Sheen’s is head coach giving benji another year to make his mind up if Brooks is one of the halves he wants when he takes the reigns,you never know another option might come out of nowhere in the next 12 months.
Its amazing how all players raise their performance in their final year of a contract.
Excellent point.

We dont want a "cost effective" halves pairing...its simply not the area where we save $$
We want a high quality halves pairing to ignite the attack..which is spluttering along
Fulton..over to you..
We all do.

But over here in reality, the market is what it is. The high quality halves tree is bereft of fruit.

My comment mentioned Latu Fainu, a generational halves talent. Our juniors contains the like of Large and Conti coming through, both very highly rated.

Who, specifically and realistically, league-wide are you targeting?

Because this is generally where this argument falls down...

His form coincides with a lot of guys in the team beginning to play at a first grade standard. With good players around him you see his actual ability. He’s worth 2 years on 500-600 when you look at the alternatives.
I don't disagree with that. That contract amount doesn't screw the budget to get someone for 2025 that becomes available as well. Anything above 600k per year though then tell him to pack warm coz Leeds is cold

Don’t forget I think next year brooks is also eligible for the salary cap relief for staying here for x amount of time
So 500-600k isn’t so bad

Sounds like coach and recruit manager not on same page.

it is understood the club was still attempting to navigate recent changes that resulted in Scott Fulton being appointed head of recruitment by the board.

The decision to make an offer to Brooks shapes as a victory for Sheens and Marshall, who are believed to have championed his retention
Well Marshall will live or die on the decision to resign Brooks. He hasn't shown enough to win games so not sure what they expect him to do if he ever played a final game.

Reactions: 851
Not that I disagree with you, but who do you have in mind?
I agree with you 💯, Brooks is a $450 k player and a 2 year Max contract extension. He needs to prove he is worthy of anything more during his next stint having been substantially overpaid for a number of years now. I would also extend Wakeham for another 2 years, I see more upside to his game and he will continue to improve.

Back