Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This from last weekend …

Speaking of best games, teen playmaker Latu Fainu had a career-defining game in Blacktown’s 46-10 win over the Eels. The 18-year-old made his NSW Cup debut in Round 8 and has taken a little bit of time to settle into the game but on the weekend his true potential was on show. Fainu scored a try, set up another, got three linebreaks, five tackle busts and 131 running metres. He also made 10 tackles with zero misses — his first game with no misses.

Is Laurie a better fullback option than Weekes, Garrick and Koula?
No? Thats the end of that.

Wakeham, Te Marie Martin, Ilias. Gamble, Hastings.
Olauapu (currently, but I think Olaupu will end up better).
Amone and Sullivan (Sullivan may surpass him, not yet convinced).
Currently playing better than Townsend and Moylan but they have had better careers.
He is a very different player to O'Sullivan and Fogarty but he's at least their equal imo.

Is he really that good?
I’ve heard his name but not seen him.

If we get him I hope so, if we don't I hope not. Lol

I haven't seen a lot of him, just highlights and reports. My son put me onto him a few years ago. Not many dominate playing up in age at rep level like he has. I think he even played 2 years up in reps and dominated. Could be wrong on that. The fact he is already going well in KOE cup suggests he's progressing as expected, and those expectations are huge.

So are we thinking Fulton knew this situation would eventuate when we made our offer to Brooks?
Also looking back did we sign Fulton just to get some of these gun kids coming through like Fainu.
We surely can’t have been that smart or calculating, but it would be so Wests Tigers if this kid signed with the Roosters now 😂

Latest posts

Back