Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

With Turbo out for the season, you would think Reuben Garrick will move to fullback so a position opens up in the centres. Do they revert back to Parker or Harper, or do we negotiate an immediate release of Talau if Fainu is released to us (even if it’s not until next season)?

With Turbo out for the season, you would think Reuben Garrick will move to fullback so a position opens up in the centres. Do they revert back to Parker or Harper, or do we negotiate an immediate release of Talau if Fainu is released to us (even if it’s not until next season)?
Is TT to Manly been confirmed yet ?? Seems like people think he is but no announcement

Reactions: Moh
Brooks > Cows
Townsend > Tigers
Fainu > Tigers

WIN WIN WIN

We’ll need an experienced halfback to mentor Fainu. With Chad and Benji there I think it works.

No confidence in the club to execute it.
If we can sign Fainu, then we don’t entertain Brooks at all, could we get Fainu and Hunt, or is that just an impossible dream

I forgot about TT how can anyone forget about him, that would be win win we get rid of Talau and get Fainu I like it.

That said, and to contradict what I just posted to a degree, if Hunt WAS to be chased & signed (regardless of cost) there are a couple of scenarios that could work out long term:

Wakeham gets extended to be the primary back-up #7 & learn from Hunt. At 23 years old, he's shown glimpses this season of being a player. With a smattering of games, and learning from someone like Hunt, he could be a servicable #7 once Hunt retires if he can continue developing.

Doueihi could fit better with Hunt @ #7- he's not an organising player etc, he's more an athlete. Hunt running the show allows Doueihi to play the more dynamic running 5/8 role- one he is far better suited to.

Large- Hunt gets 2 years. Large will be 18/19 at that point & probably close to ready to be included in the squad.

There is still probably a need for a 'bridge' player between now & either when Doueihi is back, or Large is ready. But, there COULD be something of a succession plan in place, if they play it out right.

I know Doueihi is on the nose a bit, but he is still, probably, our most skillful player in the halves at the club. With the right combinations, he can be successful.
Making a lot of sense there Chad

You're right again! there's 4 mistakes they've made right there... in what, 20 years?
They let Nicho Hynes go, that is no doubt a mistake.
Long term with regular injuries to his slight frame to be taken into consideration, they would have been far better off keeping Hynes and letting Ryan Pap go,
They let Fonua Pole slip out of their system, that’s a mistake.
They signed an ageing has been in Tariq Sins, that’s another mistake.
They are good at recruitment and retention, but they are far from perfect, nobody is.

They let Nicho Hynes go, that is no doubt a mistake.
They let Fonua Pole slip out of their system, that’s a mistake.
They signed an ageing has been in Tarif Sins, that’s another mistake.
They are good at recruitment and retention, but they are far from perfect, nobody is.
Okay, 7 mistakes in 20 years...give it away Storm.

Latest posts

Members online

Back