Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I dont see why Hunt would go to the Broncos for the rest of the season when they have Reynolds and Mam, must be going to purely play hooker and back up 7. Does make some sense that we sussed out Madden who will be even further down the pecking order.
I dont think Jock is the answer for us but with Brooks out he's half decent back up, possibly be how the domino's start to fall. Fainu and Jock for us, Hunt to the Broncos Laurie and or Talau to the eagles and maybe Brooks ends up at the dragons.

Manly apparently already signed Talau and he covers the backline, depending on how Garrick goes bringing in Laurie actually makes the world of sense knowing it’s a contract year too. Would be a great outcome for us getting both brothers for them.

Also maybe Payten is putting cold water over Brooks cause he wants Walker…. Dearden and Walker would be a combination you could build off for the next 10 years.

Don’t think brooks has many NRL suitors so taking more $ in Leeds is likely.

I don’t really trust this guys info (still don’t) but it all does make sense

I always believed Walker to be a good but young and inexperienced player. Why is he reportedly being moved on from the Eastern Suburbs latte set? I understand he is injured but there appears to be no shortage of suitors for his services. Does that mean other clubs have a different opinion of his playing ability or is there more to the issue?

Fainu would be an awesome signing and one that may even move our timeline for competing forward.

While I know Hunt is unlikely, a Hunt-Fainu pairing next season would've been our best halves pairing since Benji-Lui and maybe even since Benji-Prince. A controlling COMPETENT 1/2 and a dynamic running 5/8.

And I see a few Brooktards claiming Hunt is overrated yet they'll waive pom-poms for a guy who hasn't played finals in his entire care let alone achieved a lick of what Hunt has accomplished. The stupidity that comes from the Brooks fans is unbelievable.

Brooks haters making stuff up again. It just never stops

Hunt could only play 9 at the Broncos which means Kevvie is giving his own son the punt.
Sacking a coach during a massive recruitment push for Hunt and then not telling the man who’s a big draw in Mal in which he then quits abruptly shows serious signs of disconnection and don’t think he’ll end up at the titans

Sacking a coach during a massive recruitment push for Hunt and then not telling the man who’s a big draw in Mal in which he then quits abruptly shows serious signs of disconnection and don’t think he’ll end up at the titans
I'd nornally agree but this could all have been arranged with input from the new coach.

I don't get why Mal thinks he should be consulted. Hi job role is essentially to be a club cheerleader to parade in front of suits and media.

I dont see why Hunt would go to the Broncos for the rest of the season when they have Reynolds and Mam, must be going to purely play hooker and back up 7. Does make some sense that we sussed out Madden who will be even further down the pecking order.
I dont think Jock is the answer for us but with Brooks out he's half decent back up, possibly be how the domino's start to fall. Fainu and Jock for us, Hunt to the Broncos Laurie and or Talau to the eagles and maybe Brooks ends up at the dragons.

Few reasons for this season

1) ticks the qld box to leave now
2) broncos are win now mode this year
3) he can cover halves and hooker. For half a season doubt he would have any issues as starting hooker for the Broncos for a chance to win the comp & clear his get out clause from the Dragons.

I always believed Walker to be a good but young and inexperienced player. Why is he reportedly being moved on from the Eastern Suburbs latte set? I understand he is injured but there appears to be no shortage of suitors for his services. Does that mean other clubs have a different opinion of his playing ability or is there more to the issue?
They rate young Sandon Smith plus the Roosters are a win now at all costs joint

Few reasons for this season

1) ticks the qld box to leave now
2) broncos are win now mode this year
3) he can cover halves and hooker. For half a season doubt he would have any issues as starting hooker for the Broncos for a chance to win the comp & clear his get out clause from the Dragons.

I should have phrased it better i can see why Hunt would want to do it, big chance of a ring this season. But I dont see why the Bronco's would need him as such but if you can stack your team why not.

Reactions: 851

Latest posts

Back