Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Hi guys first time poster. Thought I'd share some good and bad news from a source close to the club.

The bad is that the Fainu bros have knocked tiger's offer back and are looking to go North.

The good news is the club is confident of confirming a very solid half. I wasn't told who this is but I have been told not to expect a superstar but a good club half.

You all need to lay off Fulton he's only been in the job a matter of weeks. Wait and see. If there isn't anyone signed by the end of the season then you can get the pitchforks out.

If the Fainu kids knocked us back we can piss off the other brother, and im not surprised they've knocked us back if your info is on the money. If i had to have a stab at who the mystery half is i'd say it's Clifford, i guess i could live with that but its very underwhelming, we better have our hat in the ring for the Sanders kid then.

But like everything with this club we can stuff up the seemingly obvious moves, so i'll wait with baited breath for this new half and im not overly confident with that.

I'll add to this obviously Lee the muppet thought the Fainu's were a done deal hence his aggressive recruitment drive statement. I swear this bloke should have a gag order imposed upon him.

Do you really think the coaching staff aren't actively looking for an appropriate replacement for a halfback who was on a millions dollars?
I'm guessing that was sarcasm given the current shambles at the club. Letting Brooks walk before having a plan in place, especially when the coaches wanted to retain him, is dead set amateur hour.

The board putting a deadline on him is an example how the top down is destroying the club.

Alan Jones being Wests Tigers hero was not on my 2023 bingo card.

You read Chris Masters' Jonestown?

Keep in mind that Jones never sued Chris Masters over it. The truth defence is unbeatable.

Last edited:
Hi guys first time poster. Thought I'd share some good and bad news from a source close to the club.

The bad is that the Fainu bros have knocked tiger's offer back and are looking to go North.

The good news is the club is confident of confirming a very solid half. I wasn't told who this is but I have been told not to expect a superstar but a good club half.

You all need to lay off Fulton he's only been in the job a matter of weeks. Wait and see. If there isn't anyone signed by the end of the season then you can get the pitchforks out.
Why would the Fainu Bros sign here anyway. It's career suicide. I wouldn't blame them for knocking us back and heading north to be coached by Wayne. Benjis appeal to the young Islander boys is a poster on their walls, not to be coached by him.

If the Fainu kids knocked us back we can piss off the other brother, and im not surprised they've knocked us back if your info is on the money. If i had to have a stab at who the mystery half is i'd say it's Clifford, i guess i could live with that but its very underwhelming, we better have our hat in the ring for the Sanders kid then.

But like everything with this club we can stuff up the seemingly obvious moves, so i'll wait with baited breath for this new half and im not overly confident with that.

I'll add to this obviously Lee the muppet thought the Fainu's were a done deal hence his aggressive recruitment drive statement. I swear this bloke should have a gag order imposed upon him.
I was thinking the same. We demote Sione to RMC, not out of spite, but because he offers us nothing without his brothers.

I'm guessing that was sarcasm given the current shambles at the club. Letting Brooks walk before having a plan in place, especially when the coaches wanted to retain him, is dead set amateur hour.

The board putting a deadline on him is an example how the top down is destroying the club.

If true this does show some really poor decision making from the board. How many fans wanted Brooks gone though ? They are doing what the fans wanted in this situation whereas Sheens may have signed him up on a better deal. Maybe it's a smokescreen to take the heat of Sheens making those decisions ?

If the fainu boys don't sign then that's a huge failure by not only the Tigers but Fulton as well.

Appreciate the info mate but really it's all bad news

We lost out on a highly rated young half and we are by the sounds of it only replacing Brooks with someone of similar quality and probably at a cost that we weren't willing to pay Brooks therefore losing him

I'm calling BS on this article. For one, how many times in the past have we be reported as favourites to land a deal for it not to happen. Secondly, Sheens is mates with The Mole (Tony Adams) so could have either told him the brothers are likely to go to the Dolphins or asked him to report it as that, so when we do sign them, it is a real win for the club!
Umm

Lattrel
JAC
Moses

Appreciate the info mate but really it's all bad news

We lost out on a highly rated young half and we are by the sounds of it only replacing Brooks with someone of similar quality and probably at a cost that we weren't willing to pay Brooks therefore losing him
Nothing positive if the mail is right. Signing a decent club half isn't going to dig us out of this mess. We need quality not sloppy seconds.

If Fainu's knock us back with all the advantages we have, that would be a new low. If we can't get these rookies across the line we can't get anyone.

What is it about us? Obviously results are shocking, but so are the Bulldogs, Knights, Dragons, Titans (for a while), but they're all able to attract some talent.

Player managers are against us.

Very negative, but understandable given our
current predicament. Don't underestimate how
much our juniors love the club, want to play
with one another, and turn the page 2gether 🙏🏼
Funny you say this, read a post (in one of the juniors threads) the other day mentioning the camaraderie from a group of Wests Magpies players.
They're extremely proud of this background and having the opportunity to represent it. They have insisted they only ever want to play for the Wests Tigers.

Find it heartwarming and while I don't doubt Betsey has done a good job with pathways, I sincerely hope this club can facilitate the effective progression/development of these young men.
Want nothing more than to see them have success.

Back