Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

That's a confidence thing and being a kid on a big stage. I bet he'd probably catch them all down the park.
Well thats where he should play then. Come back to firsts when ready to compete at a high level.

Lee going on NRL 360 tonight to be a hero and protect himself. Will be interesting viewing nonetheless.
I’d be interested in watching Gus on 100% footy tonight as he’s been complaining for years that player manager have way too much power and it’s ******* the game.

Reactions: 851
I stand by my comment, Sezar is a better 7 than Brooks, he has far more of the attributes of a 7 than Brooks, and that is what we have needed for a very long time. Do I think Sezar is a star, no I don't, would I have preferred someone else, yes I would, but he will be an upgrade at 7 on less dollars
Brooks has heart. Does his best. Can you knock h
A good playmaking / running 6.
Talatua Amone would be my pick.
Sorry. You have no say. You're just a member. But thanks for thinking outside the box

Reactions: 851
If they want Jake Simpkin, they can have him immediately provided they release Ethan Sanders to us immediately. The only other play I would consider is Bailey Simonsson.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/18c3d7a0f060616030ac45b422ba3763

Wests Tigers hooker Jake Simpkin has landed on the radar of the Parramatta Eels, as the club searches for a stop gap for injured veteran rake Josh Hodgson.

Simpkin is contracted until the end of season 2024 and would need a release from the Tigers to join a rival club.

There is a view that Simpkin could excel in the right system.

But given the rising player discontent at Concord, and the fact Simpkin was a long-term project of former coach Micheal Maguire, that release might not be so difficult for the Eels to secure.

St Helens hooker Joey Lussick has also been discussed and offers the upside of having already been in the Eels system.

Other hooker options available immediately include the likes of Roosters rake Jake Turpin, who is unsigned for next year.

The club is also open to the option of going down the player loan path if the right opportunity presents itself.

Hooker is just one of the two roster spots the Eels have to fill before the August 3 deadline, the other is likely to come in the form of an outside back.

Ok.. fair enough…

I think we both have articulated out positions… hopefully respectfully from my end…as you have been..

I’ll leave it at that on the Sheens issue…👍

unless he picks AJ again on the wing tomorrow… then I am going to explode…
I just rewatched the weekends game .. Kepoa must have been tanking .. he missed two tackles in the one play twice .. he ran up and tried to tackle the player with the ball by limply slapping his hands together .. it was the lamest , softest attempt at arm tackles o have ever seen .. he must have missed 12 tackles …. It was atrocious and his teammates should be furious at him .. if they pick him In first grade on the wing again after that then I give up .. I rated his play on the second row earlier in the year,, how a man can devolve in ability or regress in standard that much in 2 months is unfathomable to me:. Something is wrong in 1st grade at Wests Tigers that urgently needs to be addressed!

Last edited:
If they want Jake Simpkin, they can have him immediately provided they release Ethan Sanders to us immediately. The only other play I would consider is Bailey Simonsson.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/18c3d7a0f060616030ac45b422ba3763

Wests Tigers hooker Jake Simpkin has landed on the radar of the Parramatta Eels, as the club searches for a stop gap for injured veteran rake Josh Hodgson.

Simpkin is contracted until the end of season 2024 and would need a release from the Tigers to join a rival club.

There is a view that Simpkin could excel in the right system.

But given the rising player discontent at Concord, and the fact Simpkin was a long-term project of former coach Micheal Maguire, that release might not be so difficult for the Eels to secure.

St Helens hooker Joey Lussick has also been discussed and offers the upside of having already been in the Eels system.

Other hooker options available immediately include the likes of Roosters rake Jake Turpin, who is unsigned for next year.

The club is also open to the option of going down the player loan path if the right opportunity presents itself.

Hooker is just one of the two roster spots the Eels have to fill before the August 3 deadline, the other is likely to come in the form of an outside back.
The thing is; we would of had to sign Ethan Sanders I believe he is off contract end of 24 but there was talk of Penrith recruiting him on a Dev Contract that has fallen through.

Back