Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think its the article about there was no secret meeting - Pascoe met with Benji and Fulton seperately and got assurances that they would work more closely. As usual the whole thing has been a media beatup.
That seems like a weekly habit for those two

I’m well aware of that.

We upgraded Bula about 2 weeks before he would have been eligible to play NRL without a top 30 spot.

We also upgraded Matamua early to Top 30 for no apparent reason.

My point is there is no plan here.
The plan absolutely reeks of desperation to put a team on the field at all imo.

That's a confidence thing and being a kid on a big stage. I bet he'd probably catch them all down the park.
mainly confidence.., but some technique as well…

I would love to know how much time they practice this sort of stuff… eg defending short drop outs and bombs …they seem a lot more suspect in these areas than most teams

Could do worse than Alamoti or Averillo, both decent centre options, appear on the outer at dogs and achievable.

mainly confidence.., but some technique as well…

I would love to know how much time they practice this sort of stuff… eg defending short drop outs and bombs …they seem a lot more suspect in these areas than most teams
We are the worst team in the NRL for defending short kick offs and drop outs, and we are near last on executing them ourselves, we mustn't practice these because we never get any better at them

By the looks of it we have signed Sezer as a 7, who would you target to play alongside him at 6 and in the outside backs? Would love to see some speed in the side!!

How much better would our roster be with this movement (assuming we don't get the Fainu brothers):

OUT: Joe Ofahengaue, Luke Brooks, Tommy Talau, Brandon Wakeham, Lomi Saukuru, Tuki Simpkins, Daine Laurie, Asu Kepaoa, David Nofoaluma, Jake Simpkin & Sione Fainu (11)

PATHWAY UPGRADES: Josh Feledy, Brandon Mansfield, Lachlan Galvin, Tallyn Da Silva & Chris Fa'agutu (5)

EXTERNAL RECRUITS (focus on experience, effort & defence) (6):

Halfback - Aiden Sezer
5/8 - Blake Taafe
Centre - Brad Parker or Isaiah Tass
Utility - Connor Watson
Wing - Nick Cotric or Xavier Savage
Cotric has been crap after he left the Raiders and went to the Dogs and still in nowhere near as good as he once was.

That's a confidence thing and being a kid on a big stage. I bet he'd probably catch them all down the park.
Well thats where he should play then. Come back to firsts when ready to compete at a high level.

Lee going on NRL 360 tonight to be a hero and protect himself. Will be interesting viewing nonetheless.
I’d be interested in watching Gus on 100% footy tonight as he’s been complaining for years that player manager have way too much power and it’s ******* the game.

Reactions: 851
Back