Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Can’t wait for Newcastle to make the 8 and everyone on here who still thinks Hastings is no good can continue to say he’s no good lol

Basically got them on edge of the 8 without Kalyn Ponga most of the season.

Blah blah but he’s slow and he doesn’t do anything blah blah

Yes bc most of you don’t know what on organizing half is … he kicks and directs traffic … someone we haven’t had since robert Lui before sheens kicked hastings out ….

Blah blah he didn’t kick him out … he only told him to play lock bc he’s slow blah blah

I’m so glad I sent Pascoe and Lee emails and texts when they were thinking of releasing him pleading for them not to…. And they said

“We will not apologize for our recruitment decisions “

Lol.

Start the BS excuses about why hastings is no good and brooks is better and hastings left on his own accord …

Spare me

We have the wooden spoon

And before people say he got it last year … we lost our coach halfway through the year… hastings didn’t play a lot bc injured and also didn’t play halfback bc sheens wanted noddy to play him at lock….

We would be top 8 with him and API…

Everyone who disagrees has no idea
The fact that you say 50% of the conversation has no idea shows you have no idea.

Definitely interesting points. Knights have a better side than us though. Good forward pack, good backs. At least they have centres.

I for one never said Hastings wasn't a good organiser and leader. I said he won't win you a comp. We need to get two halves that you could see on grand final day. Whatever your opinion he won't be there period.

Thanks for the update but you spelt COE wrong as i doubt anybody would be impressed with our CEO,i hope some of that happens as we certainly need a lift as a group of supporters.I would hope that Turdesco does not try to come back as Bula is a better long term option imho and we don't want to upset him by bringing in an old traitor
Who cares about our COE when you got the the two loony tunes showing them around. Fair dinkum get benji and api to do the tours.

If I saw Lee anywhere near a meeting as a player I'd cringe.

Hard to disagree with that. Blind Freddy could see it was a huge mistake letting Hastings go. He showed more in the minimal time he played last season than Brooks showed in 10 years and he loved the place too!

The arrogant “we will not apologise for our recruitment decisions” mob are sorry now. Actually no cancel that, they won’t be sorry at all - too arrogant to admit a mistake. Us fans are the only sorry ones as usual. Despite all the rhetoric to the contrary this club couldn’t give a toss about its supporters.

That's recruitment. It's a team sport. Some people like to over dramatise things.

Out of those players off contract, potentially testing the market/leaving and classified as bigger than Api...the only name would be Payne Haas.

However, being linked to a player and actually having that signing anywhere near happening are 2 completely different things.
Remember about a month and a half ago in another one of his Shoosh columns he said there was a manly player we were interested in that was told they were free to look elsewhere. He also said it could be our best signing in over a decade. He was talking about L. Fainu.

I am sorry but if he put a kid that's never played first grade in that convo than it can be anyone.

Out of those players off contract, potentially testing the market/leaving and classified as bigger than Api...the only name would be Payne Haas.

However, being linked to a player and actually having that signing anywhere near happening are 2 completely different things.
Remember when buzz said earlier this year that the tigers could sign the best signing in 10 year yeah that old fart throws best signing thing willy-nilly

Can’t wait for Newcastle to make the 8 and everyone on here who still thinks Hastings is no good can continue to say he’s no good lol

Basically got them on edge of the 8 without Kalyn Ponga most of the season.

Blah blah but he’s slow and he doesn’t do anything blah blah

Yes bc most of you don’t know what on organizing half is … he kicks and directs traffic … someone we haven’t had since robert Lui before sheens kicked hastings out ….

Blah blah he didn’t kick him out … he only told him to play lock bc he’s slow blah blah

I’m so glad I sent Pascoe and Lee emails and texts when they were thinking of releasing him pleading for them not to…. And they said

“We will not apologize for our recruitment decisions “

Lol.

Start the BS excuses about why hastings is no good and brooks is better and hastings left on his own accord …

Spare me

We have the wooden spoon

And before people say he got it last year … we lost our coach halfway through the year… hastings didn’t play a lot bc injured and also didn’t play halfback bc sheens wanted noddy to play him at lock….

We would be top 8 with him and API…

Everyone who disagrees has no idea
Post of the season mate !!! Then our fanbase tried to convince themselves that Brooks under Sheenius ball would take us to the top 8. 3 wins & back to back spoons later Brooks is off to Manly & Jacko actually wanted a contract extension here to repay the faith the club had in him. Such bad decisions all round but hey our CEO makes no apologies right? effing joke

I hope we're not looking at Luai the guy rides on Cleary's coat tails, almost any time ive seen him without Cleary he looks average. On top of that he thinks he the best thing since sliced bread, he's not right for us imo.
I don’t like him, but if he signed with us I think we’d all be doing cartwheels.

He’s a couple of levels above any halves we’ve had or are close to signing for 2024.

I don’t like him, but if he signed with us I think we’d all be doing cartwheels.

He’s a couple of levels above any halves we’ve had or are close to signing for 2024.

If we signed him it would be for big money, he's not worth big money. The guy would be Brooks V2 in terms of forum punching bag. He skips around doing not a lot but in a team full to the bream of stars he looks decent. He probably would be levels above anything we have now. But lets face it as it stands we don't have a lot right now. Latu could turn out to be anything he could also be nothing, im hoping for the former but we'll see.

Back