Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I can't believe that people still think the problem is the coach/s - and I'm not singing their praises. The squad lacks the quality to compete against better quality players/teams. Api demonstrates what it takes - he doesn't play tonight we get slaughtered.
He is so far above every other player in our team the bloke deserves a medal for turning up.
We are treading water with this squad regardless of who coaches them.

I can't believe that people still think the problem is the coach/s - and I'm not singing their praises. The squad lacks the quality to compete against better quality players/teams. Api demonstrates what it takes - he doesn't play tonight we get slaughtered.
He is so far above every other player in our team the bloke deserves a medal for turning up.
those so called sneaky tries he keeps scoring,there never seem's to b another 1 of our players backing up within koo eee,seem 2 sit back ,lazy ,lounging on the 20

Don't understand the tactic of doing four short drop outs in a row to a attacking team like souths handing the ball ten metres out when you're trailing 20 to 18 seems like madness to me
It's a symptom of the bigger problem at the Tigers that we've had since forever. That being laziness. Instead of rolling the sleeves up and trying to minimise their yardage or forcing an error we take the easy option of a short drop out and hope it works. Shortcuts it's emblematic of the Tigers from the boardroom through to the playing squad, lazy and mentally weak. Everytime we make a mistake we turn to water.

It's a symptom of the bigger problem at the Tigers that we've had since forever. That being laziness. Instead of rolling the sleeves up and trying to minimise their yardage or forcing an error we take the easy option of a short drop out and hope it works. Shortcuts it's emblematic of the Tigers from the boardroom through to the playing squad, lazy and mentally weak. Everytime we make a mistake we turn to water.
Don’t agree, most teams are doing short drop outs. Ours are poorly directed, but we had about 10 of them and I think they scored of one maybe two. We never hold out a team even if we drop out long, I believe it’s worth a go.
I thought the team showed up tonight just a few rough calls from stardust with easy piggybacking penalties helped the scoffs cause out of trouble all nite. Api was fantastic but we just lack direction in the halves. We get up their end heaps, but regularly fail to convert. That’s our problem.
Brooks made us better last nite but he’s no architect!

Just watched the Turkish Tiger Seizure in the first half do three things for Leeds that I haven't seen our halves do for a decade.
He talks, thinks, and puts his outside men in good position with good ball.
How’s his kicking game and does he still look to have enough speed ti threaten to take on the opposition or make a line break himself ?

How’s his kicking game and does he still look to have enough speed ti threaten to take on the opposition or make a line break himself ?
His kicks were good.
He's not speedy but has the occasional run.
He really dropped off in the 2nd half but that was mainly due to Blake Austin hugely overplaying his hand trying to get a contract. You could see Sezer getting frustrated.

Api was a 10 out of 10 in a beaten side last night.
The effort and class he brings us as our captain keeps me hopeful we can turn things around in the near future once we find a team full of players as committed as he is.
Twal and Papali’i were not too far behind him, both continue to give their best and worry the opposition also.
Big Stef is going ok without being great, but for a young 23y.o prop I’m more than happy with how he’s going.
Similar Pole is very young, but his ability is evident.
Blore and Seyfarth over the past month have proven their talent and value.
James continues to impress with his strong carries, we can’t let him go.
Klemmer has been good for us most of the season, so hard to be critical of him, but I was disappointed he didn’t fire up a lot more last night.
In the backs Staines was very strong on his first game back from a serious injury.
Despite still having a lot to learn Tupou and To’a at least give us attacking threat, they can become very good players with a bit more class around them.
I’m concerned with Nofa’s lack of size and lack of speed moving forward, but you cannot doubt the heart he plays with. No idea how many blame him for Johnston scoring 3 tries, the edge defenders Bateman and Laurie were nowhere to be seen and left their centre and winger constantly trying to defend 2 on 3.
Bula has been a great find, but was very disappointing last night, let’s hope it’s a one off and bounces back next week.
Apart from a couple of defensive lapses I thought Brooks and Laurie were decent, disappointing Laurie didn’t get NRL time in our halves much earlier in the season.

Lol

Benji looked nervous as hell in my opinion

Didn’t speak any where near as confident as I thought he would

Asked the media to go east on him, mouth twitched, had a nervous smile etc

If that’s what players are getting in the sheds they I can see why we suck

He wasn’t the calm, strong, voice he was on NRL360.

Maybe first interview nerves but still very nervous
Can’t agree , yes first interview and maybe some nerves but the little take it easy on me was just a bit of light work he shut them

Don't understand the tactic of doing four short drop outs in a row to a attacking team like souths handing the ball ten metres out when you're trailing 20 to 18 seems like madness to me
100% it should have been 60 mtrs down field , we just punished ourselfs x 4. We should never do short drop outs we never win the contest

100% it should have been 60 mtrs down field , we just punished ourselfs x 4. We should never do short drop outs we never win the contest
The ones late in the game were when we were 8 or more points behind, we needed the ball back.
Nothing wrong with the tactic, it’s our taller players not having a go and not putting themselves in a position to catch the high ball like a good player should,

While I agree that good players can make coaches look good, there’s probably a variety of reasons for our players’ hesitation and looking lost.
One possibility is micro managing, complex plays, or positional instability, players getting rearranged because coaches are looking for combinations?
Early in the season we saw some on field manoeuvres, like the run around, the show n go, the scrum play etc. we don’t see them now?
The good teams have a strong reliance on structure and shape, which never seems to become unfashionable.
Anyhow, I think when you have a novice coach, he’s gonna want to try a few things, that’s to be expected.
Sheens is a very good coach. He will see someone reinventing the wheel and enjoy walking with them through their learning experience. But he’s coaching the coach as I see it.

Latest posts

Back