Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Connor Watson is a very good utility and a perfect number 14 when fit and firing.
I think he’d be a good fit for us, but would his inclusion mean less opportunity at NRL level for Talyn Da Silva ?
Another good utility who’s available and generally comes on to provide good leg speed and ball playing ability through the middle is Kurt Mann. He plays the role we are hoping Justin Matamua can do for us, but he hasn’t really come along as well as expected this season.
Another call would be we cannot possibly have both Josh Feledy and Tristan Reilly in our top 13. Both are short nuggety centres and are not both going to play NRL in the same team, so it should be a choice one or the other.

Hell no. But we have had great juniors coming through eg Feledy, Faagatu, Miller. I would rather them develop then signing mid players to long term high price contracts (Reynolds, Mbye)
Ok so 17 internationals and 13 juniors? What’s your mix?

Watson is a quality player when available, but he's just another player at the back end of his career that can play well in way too many positions but not great in any.
He would be very good 13/14, but playing him through the middle basically guarantees he wont play the full season.
In the halves, does he offer anything different to Sezer or Sullivan? I'm not sure, should really only be considered if we haven't signed one or both of them.
On that basis I say probably no.

Watson is a quality player when available, but he's just another player at the back end of his career that can play well in way too many positions but not great in any.
He would be very good 13/14, but playing him through the middle basically guarantees he wont play the full season.
In the halves, does he offer anything different to Sezer or Sullivan? I'm not sure, should really only be considered if we haven't signed one or both of them.
On that basis I say probably no.
Maybe just forcing up the asking price for the Roosters to retain him. As you have written he is at the backend of his career.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back