Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

As ive said before, im related to him.
I believe the issues with his knee are long behind him.
He is the fittest bloke at the club and was the fittest bloke at Souths.
He’s also tough as.
He would be perfect for us. Honest player and he’s not on huge money.
There is no ego there and hopefully he is after games not money
What I have seen of him he would go straight into our team , I would give him a centre start no issue , 3 year deal medium coin

I'd be chasing Connor Tracey hard. And for an early release for next year. A player like him would round out our roster. The missing piece if you will. Forwards are solid, halves are new but could be anything. We need an experienced centre in our backline. Fingers firmly crossed we're in the hunt.

I'd be chasing Connor Tracey hard. And for an early release for next year. A player like him would round out our roster. The missing piece if you will. Forwards are solid, halves are new but could be anything. We need an experienced centre in our backline. Fingers firmly crossed we're in the hunt.
Need a lot more than him I’m afraid

Would you consider Tracey at fullback moving Jareem into the centres? Or is Jareem more valuable at Fullback?
Both are rookies I guess at the back so may as well continue with Jareem as he has the defensive edge.

Is that your opinion or do you have info from behind the scenes? On the surface they didn’t really move mountains. Ivan wanted to break his contract and tigers folded.
There is a big back story. Shortened version and 100% fact. Nathan told the then chairman Dave O’Neill that he desperately wanted to stay at Penrith but his number 1 priority is to play under his dad. He didn’t care what club as long as his dad was coach. He was very clear he wanted to stay at panthers though. O’ Neill sent Nathan to his property in South Australia for a couple of days to get away from media as Nathan was coming off his first state of origin and the speculation on his future was in the media everyday. Panthers had already decided to cut Hook but Gus wanted Wayne Bennet. The decision to sign Ivan was against Gus advice. Ivan was plotting to sign Nathan to us. The deal for him to return to Penrith was done within a week. I can also confirm Nathan didn’t discuss anything with us it was all dealt with by Ivan and the manager. If Dave O’Neill didn’t intervene Ivan would’ve remained with us and Nathan would’ve been a Tiger. The compensation Panthers had to pay to us, Hook and Gus was huge.

There is a big back story. Shortened version and 100% fact. Nathan told the then chairman Dave O’Neill that he desperately wanted to stay at Penrith but his number 1 priority is to play under his dad. He didn’t care what club as long as his dad was coach. He was very clear he wanted to stay at panthers though. O’ Neill sent Nathan to his property in South Australia for a couple of days to get away from media as Nathan was coming off his first state of origin and the speculation on his future was in the media everyday. Panthers had already decided to cut Hook but Gus wanted Wayne Bennet. The decision to sign Ivan was against Gus advice. Ivan was plotting to sign Nathan to us. The deal for him to return to Penrith was done within a week. I can also confirm Nathan didn’t discuss anything with us it was all dealt with by Ivan and the manager. If Dave O’Neill didn’t intervene Ivan would’ve remained with us and Nathan would’ve been a Tiger. The compensation Panthers had to pay to us, Hook and Gus was huge.

Yep

It's great that both of these 2 are making plenty of rep sides, however let's hope they stick with us in league when they have to decide one or the other. I dont see union laying down without a fight!
Recent development article alluded to the Large brothers already being on long-term deals which eventually lead to them joining the top 30.

Thanks for your reply! As usual there’s alway more to the story ☺️

Recent development article alluded to the Large brothers already being on long-term deals which eventually lead to them joining the top 30.
Yeah it said they will experience the NRL program once they finish school/junior rep stuff. This could mean development, top 30 or just train and trial with an NRL pre-season. Good news is we definitely seem to value both boys highly.

100%

Connor Tracey could also end up having value like Dylan Walker. We would play him at centre, but he also could cover fullback, wing and 5/8th. In other words, if the Tigers do have plans to bring other centres to the club (unlikely), then Connor might also be great at 14

From what I have seen of him, he looks like he has a bit of pace. Bring him in I say.

Latest posts

Back