Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I don’t know how many times I have to explain this to you.
You don’t wait for them to come onto the market!
You actively enquire about them well ahead of that. Good recruitment begins way before they come on the market. Don’t give me this crap about following rules either. Every club does it. We are the only ones who seem to sit around waiting our turn to talk to them.
OK, so you can't tell us who we should chase, or who they play for, or what you'd offer them, just more of a 'do better' kinda feel.

That, and cheat the system.

This, despite the fact that the Dolphins were fined $50k last month for doing that exact thing with Deine Mariner at the Broncos..

Got it.

Tass would be a great buy. Toa the other centre, Naden and tupou on the wings.. might be something for Benji and Morris to work with.

OK, so you can't tell us who we should chase, or who they play for, or what you'd offer them, just more of a 'do better' kinda feel.

That, and cheat the system.

This, despite the fact that the Dolphins were fined $50k last month for doing that exact thing with Deine Mariner at the Broncos..

Got it.
Why the hell is up to me?
I’m the same as you and that other dimwit. By the time we were made aware that certain players are on the market, the ink is drying on their new contracts.
Our recruitment team however should have their ear to the ground and be aware that a move is afoot. We are missing out on these guys due to mistakes made LAST YEAR.

Yes it’s no guarantee the best young players become the best NRL players, but I’d much rather have them on our books, than not have them at all.
Players such as Bula, Pole, Fainu x2, Da Silva, Laulilli x2, Galvin, Miller, Faagatu, Mason and then the younger ones such as Large x2 and Makasini just to name a few, are players that would have no problem getting on the books of any of our rival 16 NRL clubs.
Even if 3 or 4 of them live up to their potential, become elite NRL players on their position and stay with us we will have done extremely well.
Better judges than me strongly believe at least 6-7 of this crop will well and truly live up to their potential at NRL level.
If this assumption is correct, we will have a very good side in our hands within a couple of seasons, we just need to be patient as we cannot expect t all of them to be superstars at 18-21 years of age.
I like the idea been run lately put large and Galvin at centre and with Feledy in the mix. Old flipper tupou can also be there if he gets his hands write?!
It’s good to have a player like large or Galvin cut their teeth in first grade without to much pressure. Once they establish themselves in first grade if their skills are up to it they can move to the halves. I like large but in lower grades if u have any vision they put u in the halves, doesn’t make u an automatic first grade half though!

Why the hell is up to me?
I’m the same as you and that other dimwit. By the time we were made aware that certain players are on the market, the ink is drying on their new contracts.
Our recruitment team however should have their ear to the ground and be aware that a move is afoot. We are missing out on these guys due to mistakes made LAST YEAR.
Well, it is a signing suggestions thread.

I'd assume with such strong critique of our recruitment process, you'd have a suggestion or two as to who we should sign.

Well, it is a signing suggestions thread.

I'd assume with such strong critique of our recruitment process, you'd have a suggestion or two as to who we should sign.
I don’t partake in fantasy crap.
I’ll leave that to you guys.

I like the idea been run lately put large and Galvin at centre and with Feledy in the mix. Old flipper tupou can also be there if he gets his hands write?!
It’s good to have a player like large or Galvin cut their teeth in first grade without to much pressure. Once they establish themselves in first grade if their skills are up to it they can move to the halves. I like large but in lower grades if u have any vision they put u in the halves, doesn’t make u an automatic first grade half though!
Large hasn't turned 16 yet...

We’ve often had decent juniors. The main issue is not our inability to keep them. It’s being able to properly develop/progress them.

I disagree. If they have the talent and are willing to work hard they will make it.

A better way to look at this is to provide a list of our juniors who are superstars and didn't look like becoming that here. I can't think of a single player who meets that criteria.

The question to me is are Galvin, Fainu's, Laulilii's etc good enough to become NRL stars. Then we have to keep them.

Back