Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Have heard from many scots boys Ashton is the one to look out for not Onitoni. Ashton is also on tigers contract but be wary we have put ourselves in a bit of a backlog of halves. One of the Large's will go to union I believe.
both super talents, very different players. given Da Silva has a couple years head start on Ashton I feel he's the one more likely to be lost to a rival club or code.

What’s his job then , getting lunch for the coaching staff , because I have not seen anything as yet

Don't you know? Fulton, who has never been a head recruiter for an NRL squad, has the runs on the board apparently. First time in this job, but he has form, while Benji doesn't.

Signing 2 unproven but very talented youngsters who he had personal links to proves he is the man.

Should never let any Fulton near the club, ever.

Just remember any external signing is due to fulton not benji. If you think benji can attract recruitment you should look at his track record. Fulton is the guy to attract players. They signed fulton because the club had a long history of not being able to attract players and losing players.

Benji alone does not change this.

I think when it comes to recruitment too many are letting their personal feelings get in the way with what is best for recruitment.

Again, recruitment has been an issue for 10 plus years and fulton the only guy at the club presently that can change that. That's why I don't think benji involvement in recruitment is good for the club
You believe any old BS from the front office!!

Don't you know? Fulton, who has never been a head recruiter for an NRL squad, has the runs on the board apparently. First time in this job, but he has form, while Benji doesn't.

Signing 2 unproven but very talented youngsters who he had personal links to proves he is the man.

The problem the club (Lee/Pascoe) has created is the supposed brotherhood between Fulton & Tartak. If the relationship between Fulton & Benji becomes untenable (and who knows they may be best mates now), then Tartak may try to entice his clients away from the club.

To be fair, better than Warren McDonnell

The problem the club (Lee/Pascoe) has created is the supposed brotherhood between Fulton & Tartak. If the relationship between Fulton & Benji becomes untenable (and who knows they may be best mates now), then Tartak may try to entice his clients away from the club.
Tartak hasn't done us any favours. He is looking after his best interests like all managers do - young unproven players on good coin is a risk for us more than anyone else. The only way Wests Tigers get top tier players is when they demonstrate that they are contenders until then all managers will steer their best players to the best clubs while we are forced to take risks with juniors and left overs.

It's not Scott Fultons name I'm hearing the players praise it's Benji Marshalls. Also, if anyone thinks any Head Coach in any sporting organisation doesn't have a say in recruitment then you have rocks in your head Lol.

We were one of the top spending clubs on football operations and came last. Signs are not good. I don't see re-signimg those players a massive achievement.

Just on the Welsby rumour. He has been very underwhelming in his games against Tonga and the latter part of the season for Saints. Not sure if he is injured but I barely noticed him In either game against Tonga. I am not saying he is rubbish but I wouldn’t be breaking the bank to get him and I definitely wouldn’t be putting him in front of Bula

Just on the Welsby rumour. He has been very underwhelming in his games against Tonga and the latter part of the season for Saints. Not sure if he is injured but I barely noticed him In either game against Tonga. I am not saying he is rubbish but I wouldn’t be breaking the bank to get him and I definitely wouldn’t be putting him in front of Bula
I agree. Very risky offering high value contracts to players that look good in ESL - particularly backs.

Tartak was good to us in the past when we didnt have Fulton and he was working against us, giving us Moses Suli, ok sure we had to pay an eye watering record amount for an unproven teenager, but we learned a lesson from that. Didn't we?

Kepaoa is a depth player who unfortunately gets picked from time to time through injury,..

I still think there is a chance that they move him on shortly to open up a roster spot..

The problem with Olam is that the Storm think he has jumped the shark and want to move on from him … and he is signed to big money for another 3 years
Kepaoa was considered a top17 player by our genius coaching staff. He wasn't a depth player. He should have been a depth player.

I'm going over the same point again and again. Fulton was bought because the club could not recruit or hold on to players. I think the club should let him do his job.
Fulton reports to Benji.

It's that simple.

He scouts footy comps of all ages and locations to find players he thinks are worth bringing to the club. The head coach and probably the GM of football then decide which players are ultimately worth signing and fit in with the style of play they want.

There would be a shared vision for the types of players we want, and Fulton's job is to find them, bring them to the club's attention, and if we decide to proceed to then secure them at the club.

Have heard from many scots boys Ashton is the one to look out for not Onitoni. Ashton is also on tigers contract but be wary we have put ourselves in a bit of a backlog of halves. One of the Large's will go to union I believe.

I've watched and Coached against both since U10s. There is no way Ashton is ahead of Onitoni. Onitoni is streets ahead of any player in his age group.

Fulton reports to Benji.

It's that simple.

He scouts footy comps of all ages and locations to find players he thinks are worth bringing to the club. The head coach and probably the GM of football then decide which players are ultimately worth signing and fit in with the style of play they want.

There would be a shared vision for the types of players we want, and Fulton's job is to find them, bring them to the club's attention, and if we decide to proceed to then secure them at the club.

Sure, but in reality it's not working as smoothly as that is it.

It's a result of ceo and board making decisions on the go.

Both of those tests were played on rain soaked grounds and played in the rain. There was very little creative play from either side. Both tests were more of a slug fest between the 2 packs. it was very hard for the backs on either side to standout.

Back