Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We talk about the Media giving us a rough time but us fans give just as much sometimes.

IMO the club is turning in the right direction and going after Luai, but they cannot win.. They get him and they "overpaid" etc.. / They miss him "They are a rubble, and no one wants to go there".

Yet Media keep saying we need that top line player and he fits the bill but not the narrative.

1 to 1.2mil for a Halves player that has won 3 Premierships, Played SOO and just at the age of going into his prime is a very good price with the Cap increasing. We clearly have lacked top line halves and just like the Broncos doesn't matter how good the others are you must have good halves to complete.

I don't think we will get him (hope we do) but at least we are trying and have some better halves this year if this fails.

We talk about the Media giving us a rough time but us fans give just as much sometimes.

IMO the club is turning in the right direction and going after Luai, but they cannot win.. They get him and they "overpaid" etc.. / They miss him "They are a rubble, and no one wants to go there".

Yet Media keep saying we need that top line player and he fits the bill but not the narrative.

1 to 1.2mil for a Halves player that has won 3 Premierships, Played SOO and just at the age of going into his prime is a very good price with the Cap increasing. We clearly have lacked top line halves and just like the Broncos doesn't matter how good the others are you must have good halves to complete.

I don't think we will get him (hope we do) but at least we are trying and have some better halves this year if this fails.
I feel like the general vibe is that most WT fans want him?

It really wasn't the point. I'm just refuting that you "must" take on the full contract. Maybe being stuck in reserves for 3 years is motivation enough to forego the extra year? That's up to Olam, but my point stands.

The reality is all contracts require a release to move to another club. You don't "take over" the existing contract.
the player needs to agree as well … why would he ?

why do people think he won’t cop $600k a year to play reserve grade?

Did Russel Packer care ?

Last edited:

By my count that’s at least three of our starting forwards who have been or are being shopped. And Luai will likely say no. It’s just a [This word has been automatically removed]ing shambles of an operation.

Club should offer Klemmer and another player in an immediate swap for AFB.
I would be up for it and I think AFB actually would lift our side a little.

Would Bateman be willing to go? I think he is showing the right attitude but wrong performance.

Papalii hasn't performed, yet I could see him, Stef and AFB making a killer front row team. Which is what we want.

We might finally land a big fish with this one jonesy

Members online

Back