Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I think this crap with Klemmer is just that rubbish , if Blore goes and Klemmer goes we are way under strength , Klemmer was one of our best last season in a poor team , no way you give him up after signing Seyfarts , they all new Jerome was off contract and they all new what money we had to use in 24/25 , Benji needs to set a trap and catch the turd who is making this shit up , then if it’s in our club , board needs to sack him out load so every one who’s who the grub is

The headline about Bradman best rejecting the Tiges was an absolute turd. If a player elects to stay at their current club for moderately less than what is on offer to leave it is not a rejection. Particularly a yong player who has a lot more contract oppotunities in front of him. It is only a rejection if he left Newcastle to join another club for less money than the Tigers were prepared to offier him. And to be fair, that has happened before to the Wests Tigers, but not in this case.
We get rejected so often we are now grouping rejections by type 🤣😂🤣

Aright which of the following Gentlemen and Ladies have upset the muppet Hooper again??
Please stop antagonizing the wannabe Tiger supporter, had the miss fortune of running in to him this morning and listening him complaining.
Was he at the barber store ? ..

Nek minnit

Ouch 🩸

The thing with signing Olam is he is on way overs at Melbourne. We have to be careful with this one.
Olam is the storm's version of noffas contract. Signed when at their highest point to a contract that was too long and too high.

If we can get him for 350k he'd be fine. Olam for 350k or Kepaoa/Talau for 250 - i know what i'd prefer

DT Thursday podcast. Reckons he has signed at Melbourne for 2025 but that ideally they want him for this year, so still a tradeable commodity for an immediate Olam swap if they can agree on an Olam salary subsidy number. Don't know where he got this from but discussed it on the pod
If Blore has signed for 25 in Melbourne then he'd definitely get released early. Why would we invest time and a roster spot on a young injury prone fringe forward, we'd focus on other players instead or recruit to replace him with someone better.

small update

- we never formally offered best a contract, marshall and club had cold feet after initial meeting, still interested, but was / always going to sign with knights

- tumeth free to leave if he can find a new club, has been told he will spend year in cup

- the media are blowing up the story deluxe with jerome, the contract without third party payments sits at 850k per year, another appeal of having benji on board with third party deals 1.2 a season
the dogs are absolutely going to try and blow us out of the water and are happy to move JAC on

- club wants melbourne to tip in around 40% of olams contract
have you (or anyone else for that matter) heard anything about Jimmy Ngutlik returning to the club?

All of the above otherwise sounds fine to me

We get rejected so often we are now grouping rejections by type 🤣😂🤣
It’s not a rejection though. He’s right . The player stayed loyal . Unless you’re offering a chance at a premiership , or career advancement , as well as money , then most players won’t leave . It’s all good to just offer money , but usually that just isn’t enough . We’ve seen that recently with lattrell and JAC amongst others . Sure we offered the money , but not much else. so the players found the other stuff with other clubs .
IMO as good as best is , his defence his shit .. to put it bluntly . And the rumours out of Newcastle is he’s not regarded as the best bloke in the world . But that obviously is subjective .
To me Feledy can be as good as him as early as next year , but he has to , fix his defence . The more realist. Says 25 maybe 26 for Feledy .
I just don’t see how our feelers out is the same as rejection . Lattrell rejected us . JAC rejected us . Best chose to follow the rule . Ie. most players stay loyal .

I can never really understand why the size thing disqualifies someone from the halves. If the size comes at the cost of speed and agility then yes, but that doesn't always have to be the case, right? Cleary is no midget, he would be around 6'2 and 100kgs by the looks of it. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on why it is automatically assumed that if a young half is growing into a big unit that a move the forwards or into the centres is inevitable.

Back