Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I can never really understand why the size thing disqualifies someone from the halves. If the size comes at the cost of speed and agility then yes, but that doesn't always have to be the case, right? Cleary is no midget, he would be around 6'2 and 100kgs by the looks of it. Perhaps someone can enlighten me on why it is automatically assumed that if a young half is growing into a big unit that a move the forwards or into the centres is inevitable.

Bennett has said a lot of things. I wouldn’t rule it out. What’s he going to do in Brisbane? Fish in the brown river?
Looks like a baby's turd gone wrong but you get some great threadfin salmon in the Brisbane River.

nz old boys are a bunch of clowns for this...Australia will be back on top in no time
The ineptitude of Rugby League in New Zealand is astounding. As soon as there is any sign of progress at international level the management seem to scuttle it for no good reason.

There was no reason why Maguire couldn’t coach both NSW and the Kiwis. And the most disappointing thing is, he will probably be replaced by someone like Stacey Jones who is a NZ legend but not a proven coach.

It’s not a rejection though. He’s right . The player stayed loyal . Unless you’re offering a chance at a premiership , or career advancement , as well as money , then most players won’t leave . It’s all good to just offer money , but usually that just isn’t enough . We’ve seen that recently with lattrell and JAC amongst others . Sure we offered the money , but not much else. so the players found the other stuff with other clubs .
IMO as good as best is , his defence his shit .. to put it bluntly . And the rumours out of Newcastle is he’s not regarded as the best bloke in the world . But that obviously is subjective .
To me Feledy can be as good as him as early as next year , but he has to , fix his defence . The more realist. Says 25 maybe 26 for Feledy .
I just don’t see how our feelers out is the same as rejection . Lattrell rejected us . JAC rejected us . Best chose to follow the rule . Ie. most players stay loyal .
Wouldn’t you sit down and gauge the interest of the player before making it known to all and sundry you’re offering the bloke a contract. Have an honest chat and move on if he’s not really that interested. Get ahead of the media and say nah not for us.

Wouldn’t you sit down and gauge the interest of the player before making it known to all and sundry you’re offering the bloke a contract. Have an honest chat and move on if he’s not really that interested. Get ahead of the media and say nah not for us.

That's what we did. We never offered Best a contract.

Reactions: 851
That's what we did. We never offered Best a contract.
If true the club let the media run with a completely different story and they need to employ a better Media/Marketing manager who comes out and strongly refutes the fake news. It all fuels our poor reputation in the game.

Last edited:
I’m hearing Bennett may be heading our way now to work with Benji……

This club could be epic
Would even look good on the wing .. straight swap with Nofo
I'd like him to come to the tigers. Sort out the Football side of things, attract some signatures, stand up to that dysfunctional board and generally turn the joint on its ear.
No deal 🙅🏻‍♂️

If true the club let the media run with a completely different story and they need to employ a better Media/Marketing manager who comes out and strongly refutes the fake news. It all fuels our poor reputation in the game.

Unfortunately the media can not be beaten mate. There is no use fighting them as all they do is lie more. Only chance is for the government to regulate media and bring in and inforce laws regarding fabricated media. Will never happen.

Your expecting way too much from the lowly league club to be able to stand up to these absolute pieces of faeces.

Unfortunately the media can not be beaten mate. There is no use fighting them as all they do is lie more. Only chance is for the government to regulate media and bring in and inforce laws regarding fabricated media. Will never happen.

Your expecting way too much from the lowly league club to be able to stand up to these absolute pieces of faeces.
If you think you're lowly, you will be.
Penrith never used to be a powerhouse - look at them now. We need to stop the in-fighting and loser mentality - if we don't that's all we will be.

If you think you're lowly, you will be.
Penrith never used to be a powerhouse - look at them now. We need to stop the in-fighting and loser mentality - if we don't that's all we will be.
I remember around 2011, they were down and out. They went hard for Sheens, and he ended up re-signing for us, only for us to sack him a year later (lol). Anyway, I remember reading a snippet in the paper at the time where a Penrith offical had sent Gus a text saying they had no idea what to do now. Well they brought Gus in. He got laughed at for his 5 year plan, but he had the last laugh. How someone not have a clue to try and bring him in before he went to the Dogs and we brought Sheens back, I have no idea….Wait...Of course I do. Cos we’re run by goddamn clowns.

I remember around 2011, they were down and out. They went hard for Sheens, and he ended up re-signing for us, only for us to sack him a year later (lol). Anyway, I remember reading a snippet in the paper at the time where a Penrith offical had sent Gus a text saying they had no idea what to do now. Well they brought Gus in. He got laughed at for his 5 year plan, but he had the last laugh. How someone not have a clue to try and bring him in before he went to the Dogs and we brought Sheens back, I have no idea….Wait...Of course I do. Cos we’re run by goddamn clowns.
I'd prefer to think there's a change in the air. Still not sold on the Bunj but I'm hoping it's better than the lunacy that brought Sheens back.
Prefer to float on my own shit than wallow in it.

Latest posts

Back