Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

There was a brief period this season where we were going well, then Fulton joined & immediately things went south.
Just stop and think about what you're saying here. Are you really, hand on heart, trying to suggest that the governance and culture problems that have been plaguing the Tigers for well over a decade were somehow and without any obvious attempts to do so fixed in the mid-part of the 2023 season, then suddenly re-emerged with the appointment of a new recruitment manager?

There was a brief period this season where we were going well, then Fulton joined & immediately things went south.
I looked at a few games this year - losing to the Titans and Dogs and the beating by Brisbane and he wasn't even on the field. Not sure how much influence a recruitment manager has on the on field performances of already contracted players but the season was well over before he joined in May . I don't know him or anyone else in the club but the only people who are responsible for the performances on the field are the coaches and the players. The recruitment manager doesn't get to make too many tackles.

Just stop and think about what you're saying here. Are you really, hand on heart, trying to suggest that the governance and culture problems that have been plaguing the Tigers for well over a decade were somehow and without any obvious attempts to do so fixed in the mid-part of the 2023 season, then suddenly re-emerged with the appointment of a new recruitment manager?
https://silvertails.net/threads/haha-tigers-enjoy-the-fulton-peters-show.63254/ That's not at all what I'm suggesting but things were going well for a brief period this season until Scott Fulton arrived & began feuding with the Coach. Click on that link & see why so many Manly fans were happy to see the back of him.

I looked at a few games this year - losing to the Titans and Dogs and the beating by Brisbane and he wasn't even on the field. Not sure how much influence a recruitment manager has on the on field performances of already contracted players but the season was well over before he joined in May . I don't know him or anyone else in the club but the only people who are responsible for the performances on the field are the coaches and the players. The recruitment manager doesn't get to make too many tackles.
Fultons appointment brought unrest amongst the coaching staff which then spilled onto the players.

All I can see in the Bulldogs is a club that has tied up its salary cap for the next 2-3 years building a roster that might dream about scraping into the bottom couple of spots in the eight and realistically probably isn't even that good. Maybe we've been so poor for so long that a couple of years running 10th-12th would seem like success. But so far as I'm concerned if we're going to actually commit to rebuilding we might as well do it properly for the first time in a decade, rather than using every spare dollar of cap room to sign whoever happens to be available then wondering why we don't have a coherent unit on the field and can't hang on to our youngsters.
I enjoyed reading this post.

Fultons appointment brought unrest amongst the coaching staff which then spilled onto the players.
For me that indicates why blore want's out after he was told to xplore other options and MLB had shown interest then let him go player's also need to be respected by there club Fulton has caused nothing but unrest since arriving

For me that indicates why blore want's out after he was told to xplore other options and MLB had shown interest then let him go player's also need to be respected by there club Fulton has caused nothing but unrest since arriving
Fulton was the one who told Blore he's free to leave which is why Melbourne reached out in the first place, he believes Blore is blocking Samuela Fainu's path & suggested Schuster as an upgrade to Blore.

Fulton ruined the sheens dream team.
Well will be interesting if this club review has any recommendations about the Fulton position.

Secondly, the Board & Pascoe need to make it vehemently clear to Fulton that if any leaks to the media for the purpose of destabilising Benji's position are proven to be from him, his employment WILL be terminated.

The issue is that Peter Peters can always claim his info comes from player managers.

(Telegraph website)

NRL Market Watch: Addin Fonua-Blake to check out Dragons, Bulldogs and Tigers over Christmas​

One Sydney NRL club looks set for an early Christmas present with want-away Warriors forward Addin Fonua-Blake making a flying visit to determine his next destination, writes FATIMA KDOUH.
It comes as the Wests Tigers, who met with Fonua-Blake last Friday, prepare to table the Kiwi and Tongan international an offer, as soon as this week, for a deal that could run up to four years from 2025.
Tigers recruitment boss Scott Fulton met with Fonua-Blake at Haberfield Rowers last week to discuss a potential move to Concord.
Fulton, and his late father Bob, played a key role in Fonua-Blake’s arrival at Manly back in 2015 that connection could give the Tigers the upper hand in negotiations.
One of the NRL’s elite props, Fonua-Blake is on a deal worth around $1 million at the Warriors.
It’s believed the Tigers are in a position to not only acquire Fonua-Blake but also star Penrith five-eighth Jarome Luai who has reportedly been offered a four-year deal worth around $4.5 million for season 2025 onwards.

NRL Market Watch: Addin Fonua-Blake to check out Dragons, Bulldogs and Tigers over Christmas​

One Sydney NRL club looks set for an early Christmas present with want-away Warriors forward Addin Fonua-Blake making a flying visit to determine his next destination, writes FATIMA KDOUH.

New Zealand Warriors forward Addin Fonua-Blake will return to Australia over the Christmas break to tour the facilities of the three Sydney clubs vying for the prized prop’s signature.
It’s expected Fonua-Blake will visit Canterbury, Wests Tigers and St George Illawarra in a move that will help the 28-year old determine which Sydney club will be his new home.
It comes as the Wests Tigers, who met with Fonua-Blake last Friday, prepare to table the Kiwi and Tongan international an offer, as soon as this week, for a deal that could run up to four years from 2025.
Tigers recruitment boss Scott Fulton met with Fonua-Blake at Haberfield Rowers last week to discuss a potential move to Concord.
Fulton, and his late father Bob, played a key role in Fonua-Blake’s arrival at Manly back in 2015 that connection could give the Tigers the upper hand in negotiations.
One of the NRL’s elite props, Fonua-Blake is on a deal worth around $1 million at the Warriors.

Addin Fonua-Blake meeting with Phil Gould.
It’s believed the Tigers are in a position to not only acquire Fonua-Blake but also star Penrith five-eighth Jarome Luai, who has reportedly been offered a four-year deal worth around $4.5 million for season 2025 onwards.
As well as meeting with the Dragons while he was in Sydney, Fonua-Blake, who is looked after by Sportsplayer Management, was snapped meeting with Canterbury supremo Phil Gould at the airport last Friday.
Like the Tigers, the Bulldogs are one of the few Sydney clubs with enough wriggle room in their salary cap to be able to meet Fonua-Blake’s hefty price tag.
The Bulldogs are believed to be the frontrunner in the chase for the gun prop’s signature, as the club ramps up its recruitment drive aimed at turning around the outfit’s on field fortunes.
Gould has made no secret of Canterbury’s need to add some power, starch and class to the struggling side’s engine room.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s.../news-story/c6dc2413556fd4a0b96ca1782ee8f58b#
Fonua-Blake ticks all those boxes for Canterbury.
The club turned their attention to Fonua-Blake after a failed attempt to secure former Sydney Roosters premiership winner Sio Siua Taukeiaho.
Taukeiaho returned from England to join the Bulldogs only to have the deal fall through after it was revealed he required surgery on a foot injury that would prevent him from training during the pre-season.

New St George Illawarra head coach Shane Flanagan is also in the midst of a roster overhaul and has identified Fonua-Blake, who was part of the Dragons under 20s set-up before joining the Sea Eagles, as a recruitment target for 2025.
Fonua-Blake has three years left on his Warriors deal but will return to Sydney at the end of 2024 after the club granted him a release on compassionate grounds.
A request for an immediate release was rejected by the Warriors, but Fonua-Blake has since reaffirmed his commitment to the club for next season.

Reactions: 851
You would imagine after tonight’s review is tabled there will be a head or two roll. My guess Pascoe will be out the door before Xmas and a major board shake up.

Bottom line nothing is going to change while we struggle to recruit top shelve players and pay overs for average players. I think Benji, Morris and Farah will make a difference but they are not JC

The way you keep trying to talk up Scott Fulton as 'that guy' is embarrassing.

The message below is aimed at
tony soprano statement about Benji keeping out of the recruitment side of things.

And you are going to be the first to demand Benji's head if he fails.

But you want Fulton to have the say as to whom Benji has to coach.
Is that what you are really saying.

Last edited:
All I can see in the Bulldogs is a club that has tied up its salary cap for the next 2-3 years building a roster that might dream about scraping into the bottom couple of spots in the eight and realistically probably isn't even that good. Maybe we've been so poor for so long that a couple of years running 10th-12th would seem like success. But so far as I'm concerned if we're going to actually commit to rebuilding we might as well do it properly for the first time in a decade, rather than using every spare dollar of cap room to sign whoever happens to be available then wondering why we don't have a coherent unit on the field and can't hang on to our youngsters.
Not sure our club can rebuild without the FG team showing some form of growth and expect that you will retain the best, or attract players from other stronger clubs.
WTs Is the only club to my knowledge who tries to sell what might happen in three years time.
Even the Dolphins in their maiden year performed better than us and in doing so have recruited some very handy players to strengthen their team.
Gould has recruited players that strengthen the depth at the club with players who were blocked from playing FG in strong teams. To me that is smart recruiting and with Crichton as the cherry on the top. From where I sit they are looking far more likely at this stage than us.

Back