Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Anyone know what this rumour about Justin Olam is that Peter Peters refers to in his latest segment on Sunday. Go to about 7 mins in this podcast.

Sounds like Olam allegedly did something at the Storm mid-season that put a few people in the Storm off him.

Plus Peters goes on his weekly Benji tirade!

You'd think Benji had stolen his Double Big Mac or something.

Couldn't agree more. I think those 5 you named would all walk into our side.

In the same period who have we signed? Sezer, Fainu Brothers and Sullivan I guess are the new additions to our squad.

Bulldogs are in a very comparable position in terms of rebuilding and just seem to be doing a better job imo.
All I can see in the Bulldogs is a club that has tied up its salary cap for the next 2-3 years building a roster that might dream about scraping into the bottom couple of spots in the eight and realistically probably isn't even that good. Maybe we've been so poor for so long that a couple of years running 10th-12th would seem like success. But so far as I'm concerned if we're going to actually commit to rebuilding we might as well do it properly for the first time in a decade, rather than using every spare dollar of cap room to sign whoever happens to be available then wondering why we don't have a coherent unit on the field and can't hang on to our youngsters.

There was a brief period this season where we were going well, then Fulton joined & immediately things went south.
Just stop and think about what you're saying here. Are you really, hand on heart, trying to suggest that the governance and culture problems that have been plaguing the Tigers for well over a decade were somehow and without any obvious attempts to do so fixed in the mid-part of the 2023 season, then suddenly re-emerged with the appointment of a new recruitment manager?

There was a brief period this season where we were going well, then Fulton joined & immediately things went south.
I looked at a few games this year - losing to the Titans and Dogs and the beating by Brisbane and he wasn't even on the field. Not sure how much influence a recruitment manager has on the on field performances of already contracted players but the season was well over before he joined in May . I don't know him or anyone else in the club but the only people who are responsible for the performances on the field are the coaches and the players. The recruitment manager doesn't get to make too many tackles.

Just stop and think about what you're saying here. Are you really, hand on heart, trying to suggest that the governance and culture problems that have been plaguing the Tigers for well over a decade were somehow and without any obvious attempts to do so fixed in the mid-part of the 2023 season, then suddenly re-emerged with the appointment of a new recruitment manager?
https://silvertails.net/threads/haha-tigers-enjoy-the-fulton-peters-show.63254/ That's not at all what I'm suggesting but things were going well for a brief period this season until Scott Fulton arrived & began feuding with the Coach. Click on that link & see why so many Manly fans were happy to see the back of him.

I looked at a few games this year - losing to the Titans and Dogs and the beating by Brisbane and he wasn't even on the field. Not sure how much influence a recruitment manager has on the on field performances of already contracted players but the season was well over before he joined in May . I don't know him or anyone else in the club but the only people who are responsible for the performances on the field are the coaches and the players. The recruitment manager doesn't get to make too many tackles.
Fultons appointment brought unrest amongst the coaching staff which then spilled onto the players.

All I can see in the Bulldogs is a club that has tied up its salary cap for the next 2-3 years building a roster that might dream about scraping into the bottom couple of spots in the eight and realistically probably isn't even that good. Maybe we've been so poor for so long that a couple of years running 10th-12th would seem like success. But so far as I'm concerned if we're going to actually commit to rebuilding we might as well do it properly for the first time in a decade, rather than using every spare dollar of cap room to sign whoever happens to be available then wondering why we don't have a coherent unit on the field and can't hang on to our youngsters.
I enjoyed reading this post.

Fultons appointment brought unrest amongst the coaching staff which then spilled onto the players.
For me that indicates why blore want's out after he was told to xplore other options and MLB had shown interest then let him go player's also need to be respected by there club Fulton has caused nothing but unrest since arriving

For me that indicates why blore want's out after he was told to xplore other options and MLB had shown interest then let him go player's also need to be respected by there club Fulton has caused nothing but unrest since arriving
Fulton was the one who told Blore he's free to leave which is why Melbourne reached out in the first place, he believes Blore is blocking Samuela Fainu's path & suggested Schuster as an upgrade to Blore.

Fulton ruined the sheens dream team.
Well will be interesting if this club review has any recommendations about the Fulton position.

Secondly, the Board & Pascoe need to make it vehemently clear to Fulton that if any leaks to the media for the purpose of destabilising Benji's position are proven to be from him, his employment WILL be terminated.

The issue is that Peter Peters can always claim his info comes from player managers.

Latest posts

Back