Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Blore played his best footy in the middle. He may do better with better halves if he does go back to the edge but if Blore stays with us, I see him as a middle going forward. He hasn’t performed as well on the edge IMO but the only way if he does want to be a backrower he needs to train their full time and oddly enough, I haven’t seen him in any of the training pics the club has posted on their website and social media.

Would I like AFB? Of course but we’re also making our squad weaker by making the trade for him even if we did Stef instead of Ipap it’s the same thing. Let’s be honest we don’t have a back rower that can replace him and the ones on the market apart from Haumole aren’t better or as good as he is but in saying that Haumole isn’t available to talk with until Nov 1 next year.

We need a good replacement if we’re gonna let Ipap go. If we had Haumole already coming i’d bite the bullet but we don’t and we can’t guarantee he’ll come to us as well. Unless we get a genuine replacement, I wouldn’t even consider letting Ipap go for another Prop where we have enough depth already, and our depth in the backrow is atrocious.
I don't think we've seen enough of Blore on an edge in first grade to suggest he hasn't performed well on an edge or should exclusively be used as a middle going forward.

I don't think we've seen enough of Blore on an edge in first grade to suggest he hasn't performed well on an edge or should exclusively be used as a middle going forward.
Based on the games I’ve seen him play, he’s better better in the middle. His time at backrow hasn’t been as effective but in saying that he’s had shit halves the whole time he played there.

Reactions: 851
The part you dont get is that we dont know for sure that the media is speculating…unlike the anonymous person where this is clearly the case

Player agents and Clubs leak information around salaries to Juornos all the time …

If we find out for certain that he is on $550k …would you be that shocked ? i could name several worse contracts they have agreed…
What a load of nonsense. Firstly you will never find out for sure what a player is on unless the NRL starts to publish salaries.

Secondly - how do you know for sure that the anonymous person is speculating? The anonymous person could in fact be a very close contact of the player.

By your own logic in fact, if I know for sure that Buzz Rothfield is not a family member of the player, but I don't know for sure that the anonymous poster is NOT a family member of the player, therefore the anonymous poster must be more reliable because they are possibly a family member of the player.

Blore played his best footy in the middle. He may do better with better halves if he does go back to the edge but if Blore stays with us, I see him as a middle going forward. He hasn’t performed as well on the edge IMO but the only way if he does want to be a backrower he needs to train their full time and oddly enough, I haven’t seen him in any of the training pics the club has posted on their website and social media.

Would I like AFB? Of course but we’re also making our squad weaker by making the trade for him even if we did Stef instead of Ipap it’s the same thing. Let’s be honest we don’t have a back rower that can replace him and the ones on the market apart from Haumole aren’t better or as good as he is but in saying that Haumole isn’t available to talk with until Nov 1 next year.

We need a good replacement if we’re gonna let Ipap go. If we had Haumole already coming i’d bite the bullet but we don’t and we can’t guarantee he’ll come to us as well. Unless we get a genuine replacement, I wouldn’t even consider letting Ipap go for another Prop where we have enough depth already, and our depth in the backrow is atrocious.
I understood your stance from your first post. It's ok. We don't have to agree

Absobloodylutely! Papalii was the best back rower in the game the year before he signed with us. He’s had one average season trying to find his feet in what was a badly performing team all round and now everyone wants to offload him!! NO just NO! Build around him with other quality forwards as GNR says and add some decent halves to boot. Then we will see the best of the likes of Papa, Klemmer, Steph, Bateman etc. That’s a damn good pack, I don’t want to lose any of them.
Finally someone making sense.

I’m not expecting big things in 24, but who do we have that can replace IP with? Answer is no one and even if we managed to get AFB and Luai but lose IP while the squad is stronger in other positions it still makes us poor. Chances are if we land both of those (which is unlikely) we won’t be doing much more recruiting as those 2 will be taking up what’s available money wise for 25.
Do you recon Samuela Fainu could fit in as an edge secondrower?

Latu on $250k? Pretty sure half the reason manly were willing to let him go is because he would’ve been on over $300k 2024. I don’t think he’d be at tigers on a pay cut, was reported the bro’s signed 4 years each and their contracts combine for $4 million
And they are worth every cent of the investment.. if they turn out to become the players they have shown the potential to become that will be absolute bargain.. Latu is Kalyn Ponga or Trbojevic or Munster like Junior talent , I think he can have an immediate impact on first grade the way they did and we will be glad we showed early faith in them . Same with Galvin and also Sullivan ..

Last edited:
And they are worth every cent of the investment.. if they turn out to become the players they have shown the potential to become that will be absolute bargain.. Latu is Kalyn Ponga or Trbojevic or Munster Luke Junior talent , I think he can have an immediate impact on first grade the way they did and we will be glad we showed early faith in them . Same with Galvin and also Sullivan ..
Good post.

And they are worth every cent of the investment.. if they turn out to become the players they have shown the potential to become that will be absolute bargain.. Latu is Kalyn Ponga or Trbojevic or Munster Luke Junior talent , I think he can have an immediate impact on first grade the way they did and we will be glad we showed early faith in them . Same with Galvin and also Sullivan ..

Have been bitten a fair few times on attacking talents over the years but what has impressed me with Latu is his defensive work rate and ability to handle himself. I do think if managed well the kid will be an awesome pickup for us. He just needs time to develop. I’m more confident about these recruits than our own kids atm tbh.

Latest posts

Back