Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I'll be the first to admit he didn't have the greatest season but tell me other then Api, Klem & Jahream which players did? Everyone keeps talking about trading Ice when he was the best back rower in the comp in 21/22
It’s ridiculous. If it was two poor years, maybe, but he was the most damaging forward in the game in those two years. That’s a fact.

What’s changed in a year? Papali’i is only 25, it’s not like he’s past his prime. When he was tearing it up at the Eels, I doubt anyone would have thought he could be trade bait after one season here. I’d love to get AFB here, but if a player Papali’i can flounder at our club, so can he.
I still reckon the underperformance of many of our players last year got down to the reality of WT having abysmal halves unable to set up plays nor give crucial passes for gap runners. Hopefully addressed with our new halves for 24 season- fingers crossed.

Wrong once again..

The anonymous person said he was speculating…

And did you miss the part where I said player agents and clubs leak this info to juornos all the time ?

Not sure they leak it to anonymous guys on the Wests Tigers forum…

Your “logic” is speculation about a guy speculating …
Agents and other randoms leak all sorts of crap to the media all the time, sure, but most of it is utter crap designed to make their client look better/more valuable at the expense of anything and anyone else.

Knights poach gun Panthers junior
The Knights have scored a coup by signing a player rated among the best teenage centres in the game from Penrith.

Wilson De Courcey, a former Australian Schoolboy, was signed to the Panthers for next season but the Knights managed to secure his release.

The 18-year-old from renowned league nursery Patrician Brothers, Blacktown, was a standout for the Panthers in the junior representative season this year and the Knights are delighted to gain his services.

Source; the mole.

Is that someone we should have targeted?
Couldn't have hurt, we are very light on outside backs and more depth is never a bad thing

Ice can maybe be the best backrower in the game....
I see this comment often,
No one mentions his other 5 seasons though - Only the 2 at Parra.

Before he went to Parra, Barely anyone knew his name
- So much so, He cost them like 150k
Unfortunately you always look better getting good ball from a quality half. I think that’s the answer to the change, as Chris Lawrence found out always running on to a pass into a brick wall.

We should be spending more energy trying to trade guys like Nofa, who have been a thorn in the teams side for way too long. Keep Ice, work on signing Luai and AFB, get rid of guys like Nof and Simpkin if we can. Hard to convince anyone to take on a spoon teams slops tho.
I think the club has been trying with Nofa, Simpkin & AJ but nothing has eventuated of mutual benefit.

The big one with Nofa is what another club will pay out of his reported $500k. With Simpkin & AJ, the benefit has to be what we can get in return.

We have to remember that we need to cut about 5 players at the end of next season due to the promotion of Faagutu, Kit, Sukkar, Solo Saukuru & Luke Laulilii to the top 30.

So Fulton & co are probably thinking of using Simpkin, AJ, AD & possibly Nofa then to create space.

Easy to say given the year both are coming off. The previous two years, Papali’i was an absolute monster.
Was he?? I watched a parra game late in the season before he came to us, and it could have even been a semi final, and he missed a tackle in every try the opposition scored.

So was he a monster or were his deficiencies being overshadowed by a more dominant attacking team? We seem to blame our halves for the season he had, and our halves were very poor, but I think he should also bear some of the responsibility for his season (and I think he does).

Agents and other randoms leak all sorts of crap to the media all the time, sure, but most of it is utter crap designed to make their client look better/more valuable at the expense of anything and anyone else.

What about our management that take Rothfield out to lunch every quarter and leak stuff to him whilst plying him with expensive food and wine… in return hoping he might go easy on them the next time they f up?

I think the club has been trying with Nofa, Simpkin & AJ but nothing has eventuated of mutual benefit.

The big one with Nofa is what another club will pay out of his reported $500k. With Simpkin & AJ, the benefit has to be what we can get in return.

We have to remember that we need to cut about 5 players at the end of next season due to the promotion of Faagutu, Kit, Sukkar, Solo Saukuru & Luke Laulilii to the top 30.

So Fulton & co are probably thinking of using Simpkin, AJ, AD & possibly Nofa then to create space.
Sukkar already top 30 bra

Was he?? I watched a parra game late in the season before he came to us, and it could have even been a semi final, and he missed a tackle in every try the opposition scored.

So was he a monster or were his deficiencies being overshadowed by a more dominant attacking team? We seem to blame our halves for the season he had, and our halves were very poor, but I think he should also bear some of the responsibility for his season (and I think he does).
He's always had his defensive issues, particularly laterally.

He puts massive pressure on his outside men through over-commitment to the inside runner far too often.

Luai update!

One of my close friends who’s close to the operations around Penrith claims they’re increasingly confident that Luai will remain at the club beyond this year. He also stated even if Luai signs with us for 2025 there’s no chance they’ll entertain a trade to release him early. Luai has asked for another year on his Penrith deal and apparently stated to Penrith management that 2 years isn’t good enough. Penrith now have the ball in their court and are most likely going to offer the 3rd year and they believe if they do a deal will get done.

Bulldogs interest has died off - they’re gonna go all out on AFB for next year and he most likely will end up there is the word around the street. However, this isn’t mail but if we were to have a successful year next year and we show signs of life I wouldn’t rule us out. Early word though is he’ll end up a bulldog.

However, my source at the club who pretty much has had like a 95% success rate also believes that we’re pretty confident we can get a deal done as well. In terms of how Benji/Luai’s discussions have been throughout that has been made confidential as Benji doesn’t want anything getting out from that regard.

Overall, it’s between us or Penrith. Both clubs have confidence they can get a deal done. If he was to sign with us for 2025 don’t expect a 2024 early release regardless on who we offer. On the field there isn’t a rivalry between both clubs if we’re being unbiased as Penrith are on another level currently - however off the field, these two clubs don’t like each other.

Side note: My source at the club who broke the Olam/Blore potential deal to me before it went public has reaffirmed that the deal isn’t dead but has stalled due to $ purposes.

Both Blore/Olam had verbally agreed to join respective clubs and it looked like a deal was done. However, Melbourne who’re renowned for being difficult to deal with in these situations don’t want to budge on how much they’ll offer.

The club however are patient and want to revisit this deal again sometime throughout the season, if Olam isn’t playing any game time you’d be silly to not try get him off your books. There’s also whispers going around that the club want to throw Junior Tupou in the centres come round 1 next year.

We should have all players with a connection to AFB in his ear daily , telling him. That under Benji the rise of the tigers is starting k the team that come last 2 years in a row is ready to come out and climb the ladder , you join us we play finals footy , then all we need to do this coming season is start winning , be around the top 8 and he will look at us , being part of the rise of the tigers would be a really good feel , teams wining games makes training no matter how hard more enjoyable , heading for the semi finals players just respond it’s simple and a mind game , if your winning your mind will be 100% on the job , How will it look in 24 if we come out and are 4/4 plus the by game , 5 rounds down and we are on 10 points , we are the talk of town
Tales of Tiger town part two coming if that plays out......

Hat sales through the roof

Luai update!

One of my close friends who’s close to the operations around Penrith claims they’re increasingly confident that Luai will remain at the club beyond this year. He also stated even if Luai signs with us for 2025 there’s no chance they’ll entertain a trade to release him early. Luai has asked for another year on his Penrith deal and apparently stated to Penrith management that 2 years isn’t good enough. Penrith now have the ball in their court and are most likely going to offer the 3rd year and they believe if they do a deal will get done.

Bulldogs interest has died off - they’re gonna go all out on AFB for next year and he most likely will end up there is the word around the street. However, this isn’t mail but if we were to have a successful year next year and we show signs of life I wouldn’t rule us out. Early word though is he’ll end up a bulldog.

However, my source at the club who pretty much has had like a 95% success rate also believes that we’re pretty confident we can get a deal done as well. In terms of how Benji/Luai’s discussions have been throughout that has been made confidential as Benji doesn’t want anything getting out from that regard.

Overall, it’s between us or Penrith. Both clubs have confidence they can get a deal done. If he was to sign with us for 2025 don’t expect a 2024 early release regardless on who we offer. On the field there isn’t a rivalry between both clubs if we’re being unbiased as Penrith are on another level currently - however off the field, these two clubs don’t like each other.

Side note: My source at the club who broke the Olam/Blore potential deal to me before it went public has reaffirmed that the deal isn’t dead but has stalled due to $ purposes.

Both Blore/Olam had verbally agreed to join respective clubs and it looked like a deal was done. However, Melbourne who’re renowned for being difficult to deal with in these situations don’t want to budge on how much they’ll offer.

The club however are patient and want to revisit this deal again sometime throughout the season, if Olam isn’t playing any game time you’d be silly to not try get him off your books. There’s also whispers going around that the club want to throw Junior Tupou in the centres come round 1 next year.
Onya, Ted.

Luai update!

I’m proud of you Teddy
Keep up the good work 🤙
Go the Tigers 🐅

I'm thinking the confidence from the panthers could be just for narrative purposes to make luai look worse if he leaves.

The media were starting to call out that the offer wasn't there. Now they've turned that around to read that they are putting their best foot forward.

If it's pure narrative. Hats off to them. Very clever.

If luai doesn't want to come to the Tigers, then it says a lot about him. Hes happy to live in the cleary shadow for his career rather than taking that step up.

If luai doesn't want to come to the Tigers, then it says a lot about him. Hes happy to live in the cleary shadow for his career rather than taking that step up.
Or he wants to stay in a competitive environment that's winning premierships, a playing group with an excellent culture & a front office that actually knows what they're doing? Let's be real we don't really have much going for us other then offering him the most money.

Latest posts

Back