Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

This isn’t mail but I’m 99% sure Api is calling Luai trying to sell the vision. Seems like the kinda captain he’d be to try play a big factor in the recruitment process with Luai to help turn the club around.

He knows how much our side improves with a halfback with the pedigree and competitiveness that Luai possess. They both have that in common.
Better than a guy acting as captain and taking all our best players to another club for a secret meeting.

Not a massive fan of Api as captain but thats what we need from him.

One has more experience. And potential. In the time given.
I agree mate. I would love it if the club kept Galvin at all costs too. I heard Galvin smashed the 1.2 Bronco record at the club by over 10 secs, this kid is the real deal and will only get better. Would love to see him and Fainu tearing it up in the near future.

For what it's worth - pretty handy when he locks into gear.

if the big fella can have an injury free run, handle the transition easily and get his mental health in the right place we could have a gem on our hands. only issue is that those highlights were a long time ago and we have no idea what sorta player we have in the building nowadays. trials will go a long way towards evaluating his prospects.

a little concerned that Alaimalo is on a top 30 deal if I'm honest. looks to have all the physical tools to succeed but has played second tier union for the last few years and hasn't delivered on what looked to be the start of a very successful career.

I hope the change of scenery and his life experiences up til this point help him settle in and rip into preseason and hopefully come into calculations for NRL selection. best of luck, Solomon.
Don't know much about him. Is he an outside back? We need some

For what it’s worth. My cousin spoke with Luai’s manager at Port Mac touch last week (they are mates). He said Luai hasn’t signed anything but ‘he will be at the tigers from 2025’. No idea how much or how long or anything else
Wok Wright? Yeah I know. Luai and him were in Brisbane this week watching 50 Cent. It's good to have you guys corroborating stories

Don't know much about him. Is he an outside back? We need some
former Super Rugby rookie of the year. can play anywhere in the OBs but has mainly done his best work on the left wing. last few years has lost his way with some mental health issues and injury but certainly has the physical gifts required to make a splash.

he's closer to Will Warbrick than Triston Reilly in terms of rugby converts, albeit a little older. the preseason challenge will give us a better idea as to where he's at.

if the big fella can have an injury free run, handle the transition easily and get his mental health in the right place we could have a gem on our hands. only issue is that those highlights were a long time ago and we have no idea what sorta player we have in the building nowadays. trials will go a long way towards evaluating his prospects.
Apparently he is 1.96m and weighs 100kg so he may surprise us all, one way or the other!!

former Super Rugby rookie of the year. can play anywhere in the OBs but has mainly done his best work on the left wing. last few years has lost his way with some mental health issues and injury but certainly has the physical gifts required to make a splash.

he's closer to Will Warbrick than Triston Reilly in terms of rugby converts, albeit a little older. the preseason challenge will give us a better idea as to where he's at.
I guess him being mid 20s is a good thing. Not too old to learn the game and adapt but not too young also to be shocked when given a go

And cya later Nofo…..I hope this guy slots straight in the NRL side just like Warbrick did for the storm
Warbrick took a little while to transition. did a year in Q Cup before becoming a regular fixture for Melbourne. admittedly we don't have the time nor the quality in the roster to afford him a transitioning year, but he might be more of a project than we realise.

Signing Luai from 2924 for 3 years makes more sense when we have 2 of the best emerging left sided players in Fainu and Galvin.
Is there any truth to Luciano Leila returning, or is it just speculation at this stage ?

Former Super Rugby speedster joins Wests Tigers

AuthorWests Tigers
TimestampMon 11 Dec 2023, 02:55 PM

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce the signing of New Zealand outside back Solomon Alaimalo who has joined the club’s top-30 roster for the 2024 NRL season.
wt2024_signed_solomon-alaimalo_web.jpg

The 27-year-old is making the switch to rugby league after playing several seasons of Super Rugby with the Waikato Chiefs, and more recently with Canterbury in New Zealand’s National Provincial Championship.

Alaimalo arrived in Sydney on Sunday evening and had his first session with his new teammates at Wests Tigers’ Zurich Centre on Monday.
Day one at Wests Tigers: Solomon signs on
Day one at Wests Tigers: Solomon signs on

The Auckland-born speedster played his junior rugby for Canterbury before making his Super Rugby debut for the Chiefs in 2017, when he was named Rookie of the Year.
solo.jpg

Wests Tigers head coach Benji Marshall says Alaimalo, who is almost two metres tall, will add a lot to the squad.

“We’re very excited to have Solomon join the club,” said Marshall.
He is a very explosive athlete with great speed, power, and agility.
Benji Marshall
“He will also add leadership and experience to our group, and he is a man of great character.”
Alaimalo says he loves what he’s seen on day one at his new club.
It’s been a really nice welcome from everyone here at Wests Tigers from the moment I touched down last night.
Solomon Alaimalo
“This place [the Zurich Centre] is amazing and I can’t wait to settle in and get stuck into pre-season training.

“There are a lot of guys in the squad who are from back home, including Benji, so that probably will make it even easier for me to adjust to my new home here at Wests Tigers.”

Solomon will return to New Zealand to be with his family for Christmas before relocating to Sydney with his partner and two dogs early in the New Year.

Members online

Back