Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Conversation could go like this.
"Shane we had a couple of roosters ask a couple of podcasters and Benny how the club should be run.
As someone who, you know, has actually successfully run a club what's your opinion on these recommendations?"

Something like that.

Try to distract as you may, but cynicism towards the rest of the squad isn’t the story here. It’s your bizarre notion that the only true professional in the playing squad whose won premierships, played Origin etc isn’t captain material. In this team. Seriously? Lol
Yes the cynicism is the issue.

So you don’t rate him as captain material?
Twist it, spin it just make sure not to own the overall cynicism of your posts.

I'll shut up and enjoy the spoon you are predicting.

Two spoons in a row for your generational captain.

I like this signing. He'll be on minimum and if we can get those guys to have a good amount of upside, then at worst, they'll be decent depth, at best, we'll uncover a new 1st grader.

He's got the athletic attributes to be a very damaging winger.
A La Warbrick from Storm, let’s hope this guy has that something to stand out.
We said the same about Reilly coming from Waratahs but he never got an opportunity until it was too late.
Don’t make the same mistake Benji.

Twist it, spin it just make sure not to own the overall cynicism of your posts.

I'll shut up and enjoy the spoon you are predicting.

Two spoons in a row for your generational captain.
Again, has nothing to do with your comments on Api. Talk about deflection.

Former Super Rugby speedster joins Wests Tigers

AuthorWests Tigers
TimestampMon 11 Dec 2023, 02:55 PM

Wests Tigers is delighted to announce the signing of New Zealand outside back Solomon Alaimalo who has joined the club’s top-30 roster for the 2024 NRL season.
wt2024_signed_solomon-alaimalo_web.jpg

The 27-year-old is making the switch to rugby league after playing several seasons of Super Rugby with the Waikato Chiefs, and more recently with Canterbury in New Zealand’s National Provincial Championship.

Alaimalo arrived in Sydney on Sunday evening and had his first session with his new teammates at Wests Tigers’ Zurich Centre on Monday.
Day one at Wests Tigers: Solomon signs on
Day one at Wests Tigers: Solomon signs on

The Auckland-born speedster played his junior rugby for Canterbury before making his Super Rugby debut for the Chiefs in 2017, when he was named Rookie of the Year.
solo.jpg

Wests Tigers head coach Benji Marshall says Alaimalo, who is almost two metres tall, will add a lot to the squad.

“We’re very excited to have Solomon join the club,” said Marshall.

“He will also add leadership and experience to our group, and he is a man of great character.”
Alaimalo says he loves what he’s seen on day one at his new club.

“This place [the Zurich Centre] is amazing and I can’t wait to settle in and get stuck into pre-season training.

“There are a lot of guys in the squad who are from back home, including Benji, so that probably will make it even easier for me to adjust to my new home here at Wests Tigers.”

Solomon will return to New Zealand to be with his family for Christmas before relocating to Sydney with his partner and two dogs early in the New Year.
In a rugby mad nation, do you know how good you have to be to make it to NPC let alone super rugby? And in the fullback role!

Hope he fires and I think he will. I’d have him and Tupou on the wings.

I like this signing. He'll be on minimum and if we can get those guys to have a good amount of upside, then at worst, they'll be decent depth, at best, we'll uncover a new 1st grader.

He's got the athletic attributes to be a very damaging winger.
Plus there was no ‘leak’ about the signing, other than months ago of meetings (maybe because he was a no name)

Not to mention Tito, if you are signing a 27 year old Rugby convert, you want him to be an All Black. If all he’s done is play NPC his whole career, it’s not the level of player I’d be looking to poach.

Guys spoke with Lee today

He said if the board force him to go and he doesn’t like it, he’ll force himself to mow the grass at Leichhardt, before he allows himself a release.
He told me he'll mow them wearing the 7 jersey he stole from the Tommy tribute game

Latest posts

Members online

Back