Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Yeah it was a clear intent his messaging even mentioned leadership as well. No idea if he is coming but geez it would be a coup if it happened and gives us something to hope for in 25 as well future wise
Actually, the reason for pulling out of AFB was so that we don’t exhaust the cap. That could only be a possible scenario if we had already had assurances that Jarome will be being added to our books.
Otherwise we’d still have 1 mill available to lock in Fonua Blake.

Actually, the reason for pulling out of AFB was so that we don’t exhaust the cap. That could only be a possible scenario if we had already had assurances that Jarome will be being added to our books.
Otherwise we’d still have 1 mill available to lock in Fonua Blake.

That’s not true. We have cap space.
Heck we were going after Best before AFB as well as Luai also. We pulled out of the AFB race because we have forwards already & cash should be spent on other positions. It’s very clear.

To make a formal offer in the 1st place for Luai and AFB (which everyone says we did) the rules say you need the cap space to make the offer in the 1st place (hence why the Bulldogs haven’t made formal offers yet & couldn’t for both).

I believe that they already knew that AFB was not going to come our way - that’s why the offer was withdrawn.
Personally i think that he is the kind of player we need to bolster our pack and provide leadership on the field. He sets the benchmark for our current guys to follow him. Shame we miss the opportunity to make this happen.
Sure is a shame we don't top StGeorges $4.5mil offer over 4 years for a 30 year old prop to start 2025

Sure is a shame we don't top StGeorges $4.5mil offer over 4 years for a 30 year old prop to start 2025
What’s a shame is that we would have needed to pay over $4.5m for a prop, what’s not a shame is that the Dragons are paying that much!!
The 4 years, over 30yrs old, 2025 start, bit does make it sound like a crap deal.

I think Sullivan, Fainu and Galvin could all play 7 as well if need be, I hope we don't screw ourselves over with these young blokes by signing Luai
Mate I think we’ll know which of the young guys to keep before any of their contracts run out. More importantly, we need to keep Shane Richardson longer than 6 months because he’ll keep a lid on the nonsense their managers will make.

Latest posts

Back