Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Recipe for disaster promising positions before a players ever arrived, let alone at any time
Would have to be done on the hush, can yiu imagine the mood in the squad amongst those that had to work for their spot some new dude waltzes in and gets free pass... Wouldn't go down well I reckon

Exactly especially for someone who isn’t proven in that position & struggled during the year.

Tupou has mistakes in him but a mix of size and speed that isn't really common. Stupid to let him go, especially given his age. I doubt the Dolphins are offering money which is that ridiculous.

Not a huge fan of the Blore - Olam swap, hoping it doesn't happen.

Luai deal a shocker too.

10 steps forward punting the board and CEO but 3 steps back with how recruitment going too.
Blore has already signed for the Storm for 2025, though. I don't want to use up much cap room on Olam and I think there's a chance he's busted, but if the Storm have decided to come to the party by carrying some freight I don't think losing Blore for 2024 is that much of a disaster. Put it this way: if we're going to get Olam the best year left in his career is almost certainly the next one, whereas if Blore ever does turn into anything much it's probably a year or two down the track. We might as well swap their 2024s.

Stupid to let him go, especially given his age. I doubt the Dolphins are offering money which is that ridiculous.
I reckon this is lazy commentary - "let him go".

"Letting a player go" is not making an offer nor any attempt to stop a player from leaving. If I leave my front door open and don't say anything when you walk in with an empty sack, that is "letting you rob my house". When you get made redundant, that is being "let go".

This is not the same thing, this is being out-bid or out-competed by a rival club.

Turuva has apparently re-signed with Penrith. Tass and May absolutely worth looking at though, especially Tass if Wighton takes his spot and doesn't play in the back row.
Interesting times ahead.

We have juniors a couple of years of development behind Tupou but who all could turn out as good if not better in the centres or wing ... Saukuru, Feledy, Craig, Laulilii, Galvin (centre option) and then Large, Makasini. Then the likes of Lobb & our new Kiwi rugby convert could jump out of the ground too.

Can't keep them all and good we are being strong on player valuations.

Chammas reporting that Luai didn't report to training today for undisclosed reasons, and that Penrith will waive the 10 day cooling off period meaning a deal will be formally announced in the next couple of days if so.

Feels like it is definitely happening.

We also have cap space to fit him in this year if he is released early by Penrith, which could be likely.

Chammas reporting that Luai didn't report to training today for undisclosed reasons, and that Penrith will waive the 10 day cooling off period meaning a deal will be formally announced in the next couple of days if so.

Feels like it is definitely happening.

We also have cap space to fit him in this year if he is released early by Penrith, which could be likely.
I don't know if Penrith have the confidence in their halves backups to let Luai go a year early.

Also at what cost is Luai to them currently? I think it's a fairly modest deal, i.e. it's in Penrith's favour to retain him for the 4th tilt.

Tigers on the other hand would probably take Luai early, however I don't know if it is public knowledge how far down the track his rehab is? He might not be available for several rounds, possibly even months.

I don't know if Penrith have the confidence in their halves backups to let Luai go a year early.

Also at what cost is Luai to them currently? I think it's a fairly modest deal, i.e. it's in Penrith's favour to retain him for the 4th tilt.

Tigers on the other hand would probably take Luai early, however I don't know if it is public knowledge how far down the track his rehab is? He might not be available for several rounds, possibly even months.
His deal with Penrith for this year is $780k. Panthers will have already paid $100k of that.

I agree it seems frivilous that they'd release him early, but it's also very easy to see now why he has decided his future is elsewhere.

If you are a key part of a spine that has delivered 3 straight titles, and you're offered $70k a year more following those performances, knowing the salaries of others in the team, I would be out too.

Even more so when you consider the commentary from the CEO and Coach in the off season.

His deal with Penrith for this year is $780k. Panthers will have already paid $100k of that.

I agree it seems frivilous that they'd release him early, but it's also very easy to see now why he has decided his future is elsewhere.

If you are a key part of a spine that has delivered 3 straight titles, and you're offered $70k a year more following those performances, knowing the salaries of others in the team, I would be out too.

Even more so when you consider the commentary from the CEO and Coach in the off season.
Well that is what Chammas says his deal is.

Reactions: 851
We have 10 days now that Junior has announced he'll join the Dolphins .. of course Bennet is keen for Junior to be released asap .. but we have 10 days now to try convince Junior to stay .. he is very family focused and his family are in Canberra and Sydney.

Like the article says we are now focusing again on Justin Olam .. so lets see how things play out over the next 10 days.

I couldn't blame Luai if he did kick stones.
The Panthers talking shit about him is pretty much unprecedented for a club talking about their own player.
Even our idiots haven't done that.
They've shown him no love at all and he strikes me as someone who needs to be wanted.

I couldn't blame Luai if he did kick stones.
The Panthers talking shit about him is pretty much unprecedented for a club talking about their own player.
Even our idiots haven't done that.
They've shown him no love at all and he strikes me as someone who needs to be wanted.
On the flipside, Penrith might admit defeat, and because he is currently rehabbing and training separately, they may have said just go and take the time to get the deal done with the Tigers.

We will waive the 10 day period.

Latest posts

Members online

Back