Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

We need top players on realistic money.
I think we needed top players. Yet we got Second tier players.

i.e. we were trying to go for "the Fox" and Latrell Mitchell at one stage. Now Latrell knocked us back saying we did not even have a spine... We also tried signing M Moses, in spite of the history. I won't say Moses is top tier but I will say he is a Million dollar half and we may have come closer to 13th if we had him in 2023.

We signed James Roberts and BJ Leulia instead. ... Ofcourse we would have wanted to go higher.... Both of these options are Second tier, first graders sure. But not top players in their sides (even when Roberts played origin).

Api is a top tier Hooker.
Luai is a topish tier signing...

We needed top tier players. Cleary's biggest mistake in rebuilding the WT was signing mid-range players, not top tier players. Yes for a Center, winger etc you shouldn't break the bank and need to talk realistic money.
For Api, for a great halfback you got to break the bank. Forget depth, pick people that every team would want on the field.

Where did the Lomax to Tigers rumour come from ?
Even if we had to e cap space, why would the Dragons just release one of their highest profile and best players who has been with them since he was a young emerging player ?
Don't know where the Rumours came from, been coming and going for a year of two now. But as for why they'd release him, they've shuffles him to a wing when his best position is centre, dont think he'll want to hang around if that's his future

I think we needed top players. Yet we got Second tier players.

i.e. we were trying to go for "the Fox" and Latrell Mitchell at one stage. Now Latrell knocked us back saying we did not even have a spine... We also tried signing M Moses, in spite of the history. I won't say Moses is top tier but I will say he is a Million dollar half and we may have come closer to 13th if we had him in 2023.

We signed James Roberts and BJ Leulia instead. ... Ofcourse we would have wanted to go higher.... Both of these options are Second tier, first graders sure. But not top players in their sides (even when Roberts played origin).

Api is a top tier Hooker.
Luai is a topish tier signing...

We needed top tier players. Cleary's biggest mistake in rebuilding the WT was signing mid-range players, not top tier players. Yes for a Center, winger etc you shouldn't break the bank and need to talk realistic money.
For Api, for a great halfback you got to break the bank. Forget depth, pick people that every team would want on the field.
Luai is a “topish” tier signing 😂

A fit Doueihi should be Olam's centre partner. People have forgotten what a dangerous runner of the ball he is. Without the burden of putting plays on he's a weapon.
Can't tackle for shit but you can teach a monkey to tackle.
Look, I could agree if we can get a 'fit Doueihi'.
It's sad, we can't, the guy won't be fit again. 2023 taught us that with the injuries he already had that he was glass.

Also I don't think you can get a non-tackler to tackle. Doueihi has had enough first grade time to learn basic technique. You can teach tackling and to Brooks credit he actually could tackle by the time he left us. Yes he went from Turnstyle to semi-ok in tackling. ... 3 years and we haven't seen that of D.

It's glue factory for Doueihi. He can try for English Premiere league.

Look, I could agree if we can get a 'fit Doueihi'.
It's sad, we can't, the guy won't be fit again. 2023 taught us that with the injuries he already had that he was glass.

Also I don't think you can get a non-tackler to tackle. Doueihi has had enough first grade time to learn basic technique. You can teach tackling and to Brooks credit he actually could tackle by the time he left us. Yes he went from Turnstyle to semi-ok in tackling. ... 3 years and we haven't seen that of D.

It's glue factory for Doueihi. He can try for English Premiere league.
Easy to forget the furore, even among the players, when the little fella got the Kelly Barnes medal over him in 2021 even though he was the outstanding player in the team.

Last edited:
Reactions: 851
KennyM
Went from capable and confident at the Wahs to dazed, confused and just stupid looking here

Even if we had plays to run and practise and.players get familiar with, wingers just be there its not difficult or technical but for some reason we make the simplest of tasks look so difficult for our players

It wasn't always with him, and it wasn't always with all if the but vision of players standing around not knowing what's happening while one guys running back and forth across field going nowhere gets burned in the memory especially when there's so few highlites

A fit Doueihi should be Olam's centre partner. People have forgotten what a dangerous runner of the ball he is. Without the burden of putting plays on he's a weapon.
Can't tackle for shit but you can teach a monkey to tackle.
Centre is the hardest defensive position on the field - and Doueihi is literally our worst lateral defender now Nofa has gone...

Absolue hard no from me!

But let's leave speculation on his future until he even makes a successful return in reggies over a few consecutive games - because I have my doubts whether he will even be up to reserve grade standard when he finally is cleared to play.

KennyM
Went from capable and confident at the Wahs to dazed, confused and just stupid looking here

Even if we had plays to run and practise and.players get familiar with, wingers just be there its not difficult or technical but for some reason we make the simplest of tasks look so difficult for our players

It wasn't always with him, and it wasn't always with all if the but vision of players standing around not knowing what's happening while one guys running back and forth across field going nowhere gets burned in the memory especially when there's so few highlites
Ken M also had lapses of defensive focus and vision at the Warriors.

I always remember a beautiful wide cut-out pass from Farah at dummy half - from just a metre out from the Wahs tryline that beat both the centre and Ken (who was 2 metres infield and not marking his man)....

Our winger held his width and basically walked it in untouched - with Ken left looking bamboozled!

Centre is the hardest defensive position on the field - and Doueihi is literally our worst lateral defender now Nofa has gone...

Absolue hard no from me!

But let's leave speculation on his future until he even makes a successful return in reggies over a few consecutive games - because I have my doubts whether he will even be up to reserve grade standard when he finally is cleared to play.
Im not ready to write him off just yet.

I love his competitiveness.

Absolue hard no from me!

I don't think AD has a problem making the right decisions and being in the right place in defence ,he just has zero technique and regularly gets swatted away. He's not a dummy like Nof.
He's fixable.

Back