Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I've stood with him, spoken to him. Maybe I wore my heels that day. That must be it.

BTW, those stats are often fudged

I've stood with him, spoken to him. Maybe I wore my heels that day. That must be it.

BTW, those stats are often fudged
Yep - And there's him standing next to the biggest human that's ever played the game down at 6'7"...
Looks about 3-4 Inches different to me....

Attachments

• download.jpg
    download.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 30
These signings that clubs are making , the dogs one , brown to the eagles , we could have done with them and I doubt they would have cost a lot , our club just seems to sit back while others blunder

I cannot understand why we never realise what areas need strengthening and sign players from other clubs early in the season to help strengthen us.
I know. Must be too much common sense for previous coaching regimes & recruitment bosses.

Well let's have a crack ourselves!

Disclaimer being that I think the club will see what players can ultimately be developed from within to fill these necessities.

#1 WING: Big body, tall, reasonably fast, good in the air, get us on the front foot early in sets, a finishing threat by hand or foot.

- Lobb, Alaimalo, Willett are our hopes from within.

#2 LOCK: Strong defensively, very good line speed in defence, strong ball carrier, ability to pass as a link man.

- Seyfarth, Matamua, Faagutu, Laulilii are our internal hopes.

#3 PROP: Powerful runner, good leg speed & drive, impact, aggression, solid defensively.

- Tofaeono could develop, not sure of others

#4 BACK ROW DEPTH: Very good edge defence, solid ball runner, ability to play centre if used as a utility.

- Tumeth, Sukkar, Vaihu (I've written off Kepaoa sorry)

Anything else?

I know. Must be too much common sense for previous coaching regimes & recruitment bosses.

Well let's have a crack ourselves!

Disclaimer being that I think the club will see what players can ultimately be developed from within to fill these necessities.

#1 WING: Big body, tall, reasonably fast, good in the air, get us on the front foot early in sets, a finishing threat by hand or foot.

- Lobb, Alaimalo, Willett are our hopes from within.

#2 LOCK: Strong defensively, very good line speed in defence, strong ball carrier, ability to pass as a link man.

- Seyfarth, Matamua, Faagutu, Laulilii are our internal hopes.

#3 PROP: Powerful runner, good leg speed & drive, impact, aggression, solid defensively.

- Tofaeono could develop, not sure of others

#4 BACK ROW DEPTH: Very good edge defence, solid ball runner, ability to play centre if used as a utility.

- Tumeth, Sukkar, Vaihu (I've written off Kepaoa sorry)

Anything else?
agree on all those. you could make a case for right centre but I do think Large and Makasini will be pressing their claims for first grade pretty soon, plus Luke Laulili'i looks to be developing pretty well as a centre from week to week in SG. I'm really curious as to what our recruitment looks like for next year given that there are a few players in the pathways that should break through in the next year or two, but we probably need first grade ready talent now.

You also have to remember that Bennett told the Tigers he wanted to finish his deal with the Broncos first which wasn’t up until 2019 as he was told he would be their coach until it was up. The club couldn’t just wait until he was available before getting him and as much crap the old admin got (and deserved) they couldn’t even know the Broncos changed their mind and decided to get Seibold early. Besides even if we managed to get Bennett he would’ve failed under the previous admin. Madge was the next best coach that was available at the time, it just didn’t work out.
We could have signed him for 2020 though and announced it, so any prospective recruits knew Wayne was coming. We could have made Ivan stay for 2019 which he said he would.
Pascoe was rattled by Ivans actions and just wanted him out of the joint, so we landed with Madge...and it's been 5 Seasons of struggle since.

We could have signed him for 2020 though and announced it, so any prospective recruits knew Wayne was coming. We could have made Ivan stay for 2019 which he said he would.
Pascoe was rattled by Ivans actions and just wanted him out of the joint, so we landed with Madge...and it's been 5 Seasons of struggle since.
They were worried Cleary would of taken all our star players
🤣🤣😂🤣

agree on all those. you could make a case for right centre but I do think Large and Makasini will be pressing their claims for first grade pretty soon, plus Luke Laulili'i looks to be developing pretty well as a centre from week to week in SG. I'm really curious as to what our recruitment looks like for next year given that there are a few players in the pathways that should break through in the next year or two, but we probably need first grade ready talent now.
My thoughts too on the centre position with those 3 emerging, however if To'a & Naden struggle this season, I wouldn't be adverse to go for Dane Gagai (if we released one of those 2 & Knights didn't wish to re-sign) for a season which wouldn't hold up our youngsters.

Ivan was out the moment he had the meeting to go back to Penrith, even if he stayed as coach in 2019 he wouldn’t have cared how the team performed. He wouldn’t have cared if we won or lost the game, he may act like he did but we all knew his heart wasn’t gonna be in it. No point keeping someone that didn’t want to be there. Therefore signing Bennett for 2020 wouldn’t have helped as we would’ve had to deal with 2019 first. While Madge didn’t work out, if we didn’t have him as coach that year that probably would’ve been our first wooden spoon. Still think getting Bennett under the old admin wouldn’t have worked anyway.

These signings that clubs are making , the dogs one , brown to the eagles , we could have done with them and I doubt they would have cost a lot , our club just seems to sit back while others blunder
You mean the dogs signing a guy who’s still recovering from a torn ACL? ghee I can’t believe we didn’t go after him

I know it won't happen but Taumalolo as lock is the missing piece to our forward pack. I trust that our juniors coming through are going to be great for us but still feel we are one or two signings from being truly competitive. Hope this year dispels me of that.

Reactions: 851
Back