Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

On the note of signing forwards, the sharks have a heap of forwards , they keep all of them happy , with Morris on the coaching staff we should go hunting at shark park
Not just some of the forwards, but a young, tall, fast young winger in Sam Stonestreet who is now 21 with over 12 months NSW Cup experience behind him. He’s contracted to the Sharks until the end of 2025, but he has to be thinking he’s wasting time in NSW Cup when he could potentially become an NRL regular at a club like Wests Tigers.
I think most Wests Tigers fans would agree we need bigger, taller, faster, more powerful and more dynamic outside backs.
Plenty have already mentioned James Schiller should be a prime target, there are quite a few not playing regular NRL who could help improve our side.
Semi Valemai another who is your typical tall, fast and powerful Fijian winger, but stuck playing Qld Cuo, would be a good replacement and likely a good upgrade on Junior Tupou.

Last edited:
On the note of signing forwards, the sharks have a heap of forwards , they keep all of them happy , with Morris on the coaching staff we should go hunting at shark park
Someone mentioned Oregan Kaufusi as an option. Like that big time. Good friends with Stef and different style / body shape. Offer him 4 years, Be an effective starting front row for that length of time.

Edit.
Mutual option for 25. I wonder when that gets agreed to?
I hate these mutual options! It effectively gives a club another 6 months to sit on a player that should already be off contract. By that time some teams already have their rosters established and therefore there isn’t the market interest; hence it makes it easier for them to be retained.

Last edited:
I think most Wests Tigers fans would agree we need bigger, taller, faster, more powerful and more dynamic outside back

So why yiu been banging on about mason?
He's a shrimp and was pretty avg yesterday
Pretty average ???
In a team who’s forwards got spanked twice as badly as our NRL team he made numerous tackle breaks, a length of the field individual try and was virtually the only player to trouble the Raiders defence.
Not forgetting he is only 18 years old.
When you say he’s a shrimp he’s the same height as Reece Walsh, has a similar nuggety build, very quick off the mark and if you saw the pre season team photos you would have noticed he has the most ripped and bulked physique of our entire squad, again this is at age 18.
I am reliably told that similarly to how Galvin earned everyone at the clubs respect with his elite fitness levels, Mason has done the same with his elite strength and work ethic.
I am not suggesting we debut him at NRL level in the near future, but as many others have pointed out he looks like he could develop into a Connor Watson type utility player who could be a real strike weapon for us off the bench.

I would not say no to some aggressive forwards as we seem to get out muscled most games and it's a big factor in winning games.

Look at most teams and they have players that you just don't want to tackle and who attract like 3 defenders which creates space.
Not only that, they also may you hurt in defense. We don’t have any of that. See more of that in other KOE’s clubs. That’s why everyone likes playing the Tigers. It’s almost like a bye.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Not just some of the forwards, but a young, tall, fast young winger in Sam Stonestreet who is now 21 with over 12 months NSW Cup experience behind him. He’s contracted to the Sharks until the end of 2025, but he has to be thinking he’s wasting time in NSW Cup when he could potentially become an NRL regular at a club like Wests Tigers.
I think most Wests Tigers fans would agree we need bigger, taller, faster, more powerful and more dynamic outside backs.
Plenty have already mentioned James Schiller should be a prime target, there are quite a few not playing regular NRL who could help improve our side.
Semi Valemai another who is your typical tall, fast and powerful Fijian winger, but stuck playing Qld Cuo, would be a good replacement and likely a good upgrade on Junior Tupou.
Vicious any idea whats happened with Ngutlic he could be the answer on the wing.

Not only that, they also may you hurt in defense. We don’t have any of that. See more of that in other KOE’s clubs. That’s why everyone likes playing the Tigers. It’s almost like a bye.
It’s just come to me in mentioning Oregan Kaufusi as an option.
In 2022 the Eels had a pack that not only featured origin props RCG and Paulo but Kaufusi, Papali and Niakore.
No surprise that made the GF with those enforcers.

I’d go Twal to start at lock to sure up the middle D early. Matamua on bench to sub Twal so we can utilise his link & ball playing in the middle 3rd of the game.

Pole & Sam Fainu to sub Uto & Klem.

Sezer in for Sullivan. Olam in for To’a with Faataape moved to right centre.

Simpkin onto bench.

That’s enough changes in one week.

I like this, lock up the middle. People are saying our
defence is shit aren't being that objective. We've
been sliding well & haven't got torn up out wide. We
Let in a shit house try down the short side because
Papali'i & Sullivan got caught in the ruck b4 & got
lazy, & the Zac Hosking try was a knock on, Klein
didn't bother checking it which was crazy. Dragons
just got mopped 38 - zip to the dolphins, wonder
how they'd be feeling especially after their trials?
All things considered that was an alright 1st hit out

Vicious any idea whats happened with Ngutlic he could be the answer on the wing.
That’s a very good question and I don’t know the answer.
My guess is he was overlooked for Lobb and Alaimalo yesterday.
Unfortunately Alaimalo looked like a fish out of water on the wing, he was shying away from contact under the high ball and wasn’t keen on tackling the big, strong & fast Raiders outside backs such as Schiller.

I like this, lock up the middle. People are saying our
defence is shit aren't being that objective. We've
been sliding well & haven't got torn up out wide. We
Let in a shit house try down the short side because
Papali'i & Sullivan got caught in the ruck b4 & got
lazy, & the Zac Hosking try was a knock on, Klein
didn't bother checking it which was crazy. Dragons
just got mopped 38 - zip to the dolphins, wonder
how they'd be feeling especially after their trials?
All things considered that was an alright 1st hit out
I for one would be happy to see the smug removed from Flanagans face for at least 1 week!

That’s a very good question and I don’t know the answer.
My guess is he was overlooked for Lobb and Alaimalo yesterday.
Unfortunately Alaimalo looked like a fish out of water on the wing, he was shying away from contact under the high ball and wasn’t keen on tackling the big, strong & fast Raiders outside backs such as Schiller.
Yeah waste of a top 30 that 1. Good thing it’s only a year. Any money he returns to club Rugby before the seasons out.

It did cross my mind that the council might be resorting to emotional blackmail. But Leichhardt Oval is not fit for professional sport and no government of any hue would commit the funding required to bring it up to standard. Its days are numbered.

If Campbelltown hosts all games, the silver lining is that an upgrade is more likely.
Obviously don’t know how many games are played there besides our first grade team 🤣

Did you Watch the game? I just got home earlier,
wondering whether they were really that bad?
Only the first half. Was going to watch the 2nd half then saw the score.
In the first half they were beaten by a hungry more defensively committed dolphins side. A bit of slick movements by the hammer got them on the front foot.

Not sure about the 2nd half though.

Only the first half. Was going to watch the 2nd half then saw the score.
In the first half they were beaten by a hungry more defensively committed dolphins side. A bit of slick movements by the hammer got them on the front foot.

Not sure about the 2nd half though.
The Dolphins showed a perfect example of how a committed hungry team with a fast backline can disassemble a big physical but slow team.

Members online

Back