Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

I see that Paul Kent must really must hate the TIGERS, first saying that Leichhardt Oval should be scrapped and no money given to an upgrade, how mush he doesn't like Leichhardt and if the NRL did buy it and upgrade, it would not be fair on other Teams. Then goes on how API should have been suspended for 6 weeks for a hip drop, he continually rubbishes our club, docen't say much about the Roosters or Bulldogs, I wonder why.
Kent likes Leichhardt. Read was arguing the opposite.

Hearing Olam speak on Mansours podcast, mentioning his connection with Fox, a couple of times....

Maybe worth a shout...
Where there's smoke, there is fire.
Don't think Dogs would stand in his way.

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox
would make sense as a swap for Bud as the $ would be similar

would make sense as a swap for Bud as the $ would be similar
I don't think it makes sense on the dogs end, they already have a few "spine" players that aren't 100% sure of their best position.

More sense in a swap with Dragons for Lomax. They would have never moved him on if they knew about the Amone situation.

Hearing Olam speak on Mansours podcast, mentioning his connection with Fox, a couple of times....

Maybe worth a shout...
Where there's smoke, there is fire.
Don't think Dogs would stand in his way.

1 Bula
2 Staines or new signing
3 Faatape or new signing
4 Olam
5 Fox
fox on the wing would work
1. bula
2. Staines
3. Lomax
4. olam
5. fox
very solid

fox on the wing would work
1. bula
2. Staines
3. Lomax
4. olam
5. fox
very solid
Plenty of quality, but would you get enough momentum in hit ups out of our own danger zone with a combination of Staines & Addo-Carr ?
Ideally I think it’s one or the other and the other winger would have more size and power with hit ups out of our own danger zone.

Last edited:
I appreciate that he has been around a long time and made a lot of contacts and acquaintances but you have got to be a bit more selective about who you call a good mate.
I doubt that Richo would suffer fools.
Brent Read may be like Noel Kelly or Tommy Raudonikis were in there playing days.
Do 'anything' to get a story/win a game of RL for the Mighty Magpies.
But off the field completely different decent and honest blokes.

I agree 100% about it being no coincidence that Read writes the Leichhardt Oval article, but is it wise giving the game away and openly saying in a pod cast that Brent Read is a good mate.
All I can suggest is Richo is a decent, honest and honorable bloke who doesn't pull any punches, tells it like it is and doesn't keep secrets.
I reckon he is the sorta bloke you can trust to do the right thing by WT's.

worry is where do you put Galvin luai and fainu ?
It shouldn’t be a major issue if we alternate having one of Galvin or Fainu starting in the halves and the other as our 14 throughout 2024 and 2025.
IF Galvin and Fainu both live up to their potential I think we’d need to make a decision on which one we are keeping by 2026, unless they are both playing better than Luai in which case we would then be better off keeping both the youngsters and re-selling Luai.
Time will tell, just hoping we put a good competitive team around them to give them all a fair chance.

People say get rid Stains who still has 2yrs left on his contract, Bateman still has 2yrs left after this year & Naden has another 2yrs after this year & Doueihi has this year. I think it would cost us a packet to get rid of theses players.
We need some vacancy places in the top 30 spots to make way for better recruits.
Would most likely have to chip in some $$$, but that is the only way to free up positions.
Hope they have learnt to be more frugal in promising kids a top 30 spot when they are a couple of years off; and just maybe will never good enough.

Back