Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

He’s not that little. He’s 178cm. Just under 6ft. Great defender and runs hard.

I’d be going after a winger to replace Tupou and then Staines.
Anything under 185cm is small for an outside back these days. To'o is small for a winger but he compensates with his power. We already have a very small team, every small back needs to be payed with a big team mate and we don't exactly have a Tuqiri running around these days but maybe Nav or Lobb will eventually kick on

The forgotten man at the moment is TDS, he is going to need some bench time to keep him interested. So how they manage Latu,Bud and TDS is not going to be easy.

Reactions: 851
I’m not sold on JAC. He’s busted.

I rate Faataape and reckon he will continue to come on.
Staines & Fox to me are very similar classy speedy wingers. You have an attack that hums and they will pile on the tries. Solid & smart defenders. Fox of course more experienced and influential to the team. With regards to tackle busting, unfortunately they are the same too which is our issue when returning kicks. They are a little more effective returning with ball in hand threatening to pass.. if they tuck that ball early they just got smothered often backwards. We need at least one thats like To'o to replace the dolphin. Both our wingers to this stage arent really getting much chances yet, scores are more or less thru the middle. But you get that backline humming and staines will kill it. Love fox but no for me unless repacing Staines.

The forgotten man at the moment is TDS, he is going to need some bench time to keep him interested. So how they manage Latu,Bud and TDS is not going to be easy.
I think 60-80 minutes in Flegg or NSW cup is best for him at the moment. Whoever plays 14 is likely in for for 15-20 minutes in NRL and probably not great for development. I think he'll be needed during the origin period, no need for him to play NRL until then unless something happens to Api IMO.

Similar story for Latu IMO, needs to play minutes.

Do you really need that? So far, I haven't seen Staines' speed serve any purpose at WT.

I've seen both Tupou and Bula chase down players from breaks but not Staines yet.

IMO we need to find a way to use his speed, if we can't do that we're better off with a metre eater winger.
Maybe that's because of the quality of the men inside him?

Reactions: 851
I think 60-80 minutes in Flegg or NSW cup is best for him at the moment. Whoever plays 14 is likely in for for 15-20 minutes in NRL and probably not great for development. I think he'll be needed during the origin period, no need for him to play NRL until then unless something happens to Api IMO.

Similar story for Latu IMO, needs to play minutes.
Yes agreed but will that keep him interested knowing API is around for a few more years

Sounds like his transition is harder than anticipated
Nothing to do with a transition, all he has to do is use his size to advantage by running hard and tackling hard.
He’s 6 foot 5, has a physique like a beast and is more than quick enough, but so far he’s shown he doesn’t like the contact which comes with succeeding as an NRL player.
Not totally impossible for his mindset to change, but not looking good so far.

22yo, rangy with a bit of pace, and from the limited amount I have seen of him he just looks up for it. Looked good in the trials and scored a hattrick against the Magpies in KOE.
Could just be good against average opposition, but he is also stuck behind some very good centres at Canberra. He's worth a try, seems too good for reserve grade.

A little bit of a young Curtis Scott about him....
We have a couple blokes he'd be an upgrade on.

Latest posts

Back