Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Has anyone got access to the Tele article and can tell us who the trade “ targets“ are for Lomax from Storm and Parra?

Im going to go out on a limb and predict they would be a bigger name than Simpkin

Last edited:
Simpkin but I think Flannagan will want TDS..... the club will laugh it off however don't get it twisted.

If it was me I'd offer them Junior Tupou on a season loan as they'll need some depth in the backline. Flannagan doesn't want the spoon, he wants success THIS season.

Because if Lomax gets this release....... what do you think Ben Hunt will do end of the year if they finish last.
I think I read somewhere Lomax supported the Tigers growing up or favourite player was Benji, one or the other too.

Tupou for rest of season would be good for them or potentially Lomax is just released to free up more cap space & they secure a player from another club (Corey Oates, Bailey Simonsen, Nick Cotric, Nelson Asofa Solomona etc).

even if we don’t end up with Lomax, I’m happy our name has been kept out of the press throughout this whole saga. I’m hoping for a Cronulla / AFB type situation, but I do think Parramatta would be the frontrunner for his services.

as for who we offer up, I think @teddy23 is right with Simpkin, but they may ask for more. I reckon Flanno would back himself to get the best out of Matamua. those two for Lomax is what I’d be looking at.

When you take into account the players coming through that are expected to step into the squad, available positions start to quickly dry up.

For example- losing Tupou we all assume we need a winger. But everything you read about Makasini- the Tigers expect him to be playing 1st grade with 18 months. So there's the Tupou replacement, in house.

Someone talked about Staines & his 'classy speed' or something.

Question- who is the lightning fast winger that got Penrith the last 3 GF wins? Yes, there is 'fast'. And there is also 'fast enough'. Staines is the upgradable spot.

A friend of a friend told me Caleb Clarke is talking
to Benji, what about I haven't the foggiest. Like all
things - take this with a grain of salt. Anyone that
knows me I'm not the one to gossip. Probably won't
happen but I'm putting it out there in the universe

When you take into account the players coming through that are expected to step into the squad, available positions start to quickly dry up.

For example- losing Tupou we all assume we need a winger. But everything you read about Makasini- the Tigers expect him to be playing 1st grade with 18 months. So there's the Tupou replacement, in house.

Someone talked about Staines & his 'classy speed' or something.

Question- who is the lightning fast winger that got Penrith the last 3 GF wins? Yes, there is 'fast'. And there is also 'fast enough'. Staines is the upgradable spot.
Makasini is a centre not a winger and is also not contracted, we are in a potential bidding war with Rugby.
Makasini will naturally be phased in as an Olam replacement if he stays.

Olam will be 31 this year - doubt he'll be getting in the way of Maksini & Large as they're still a couple years away.

Lomax will be signing of the year if he somehow came to us this year.... that's my prediction if it was to be pulled off. People also turn a blind eye to him as an aerial threat, him and Seizer could do some special things as a combination. Along with his goal kicking abilities which is always a benefit.
Lomax would be great for us and I have no doubt we will be trying to get him, BUT Shane Flanagan is no idiot he won’t release him unless he gets someone very valuable in return. They will want Stefano from us in return and as good as Lomax would be for us, he’s not worth swapping Stefano for.

Had to google that name… NZ Rugby Union player …only 24 so would seem an unlikely move at that age

Makasini is a centre not a winger and is also not contracted, we are in a potential bidding war with Rugby.
Makasini will naturally be phased in as an Olam replacement if he stays.
Makasini looks to have a lot of potential, but if you watch him closely he’s still got a lot to work on and not close to being ready for NRL just yet.

That is good if Benji is talking to him as there have been a few stories last year that he'd be keen to play NRL one day with articles suggesting Souths as that's who he supports as a fan. Blockbusting fast winger for the All Blacks, not sure how he is going this season as don't watch Super Rugby.

Tulagi - 188cm

James Tedesco - 184cm
Reece Walsh - 177cm
Dylan Edwards - 177cm
Papenhuzen - 181cm
Charnze - 182cm
Ponga - 184cm
Jayden Campbell - 183cm
Drinkwater - 181cm
Kennedy - 183cm

He is taller than majority of players in that position and is only 19, plenty of time to bulk up. As someone else said he ran directly over Turbo to score, you don't do that if you're small
I meant over all he looks light , yes it was his 1st game but he didn’t show me anything that’s all I am saying

Back