Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

That is good if Benji is talking to him as there have been a few stories last year that he'd be keen to play NRL one day with articles suggesting Souths as that's who he supports as a fan. Blockbusting fast winger for the All Blacks, not sure how he is going this season as don't watch Super Rugby.

Yeah 4 sure, all innuendo at the moment. Like u said,
Souths had a look at him - fitness is an issue too
in the 13 man game. Who knows, I got no clue.

A friend of a friend told me Caleb Clarke is talking
to Benji, what about I haven't the foggiest. Like all
things - take this with a grain of salt. Anyone that
knows me I'm not the one to gossip. Probably won't
happen but I'm putting it out there in the universe
Madge had spoken to Caleb Clarke when he was here too, sounds like he has some interest in nrl

Lomax would be great for us and I have no doubt we will be trying to get him, BUT Shane Flanagan is no idiot he won’t release him unless he gets someone very valuable in return. They will want Stefano from us in return and as good as Lomax would be for us, he’s not worth swapping Stefano for.
Correct we strengthen the backs but weaken the forwards and the merry go round starts all over again

Do you know why he wants out ?
I can't find the original article I read on this because his name was left out of it (Believe it was a saint, sinner, shoosh). However, here is a couple of recent ones. I believe when I read the original article it sounded very similar to the Olam situation.

&

Which is why I think he will be the one to phase Olam out in 2 years if he stays, pretty much falls in line perfectly with Olams contract ending.
Not forgetting Onitoni Large who could also make his way into the NRL initially as a centre. He’s not as big or powerful as Makasini, but has demonstrated he’s very quick and beautifully balanced ball runner.

Not forgetting Onitoni Large who could also make his way into the NRL initially as a centre. He’s not as big or powerful as Makasini, but has demonstrated he’s very quick and beautifully balanced ball runner.
Definitely not forgetting, the problem is as someone stated we can't keep them all. We also can't just stick em all in our team and debut em at the same time either.. Makasini the better centre prospect for me, i'm sure large will settle into centre in due time though.

Back