Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Alofiana Khan-Pereria dropped this week and apparently getting on the bad side of Des.

They need some halves more than anybody in the competition….. maybe Des would listen to a Sullivan for Khan-Pereria swap with Foran extremely close to retirement and Tannah Boyd seeming to be a massive liability.

Hasn’t played that well to start the year but when you’re a winger and your forwards are getting rolled through the middle it’s hard to make an impact.

In 23 games in his rookie season he scored 20 tries……. I’d personally at least reach out.
I have thought this for some time and double down on the opinion that Sullivan won't be here in 2025. Need him to have a solid season so we don't have to chip in too much for the next 3 years.

Alofiana Khan-Pereria dropped this week and apparently getting on the bad side of Des.

They need some halves more than anybody in the competition….. maybe Des would listen to a Sullivan for Khan-Pereria swap with Foran extremely close to retirement

In 23 games in his rookie season he scored 20 tries……. I’d personally at least reach out.

Des wouldn’t take their call unfortunately….it got back to Sullivan‘s agent and he is blowing up deluxe now as well,,, Sullivan doesn’t want to leave Sydney … Might have to now pay 50 percent freight to move him on next year back to St George for this premature move …

I see Sullivan ending up elsewhere in 2025. Multiple options for halves/14 - Dogs, Titans, Dragons, Souths, Dolphins & a massive smokey could be the Cowboys.

Sullivan frees up $500K, Nofa has freed up money as well... Lomax probably an option.

Doubt we need Turuva with Makasini coming through. Naden & Toa for wing depth.

Sullivan doesn’t strike me as a Des type of player. Can’t see Des wanting him either.

Might not be a bad idea to loan Latu Fainu there for the season for development purposes. He would have a relationship with Des from his time at Manly. Would also give Latu some consistent first grade and would come back next season and move into that 14 role with Luai and Galvin in the halves.
I reckon that's a bad idea loaning any of our halves at the moment. Latu is in our 17 this weekend.

Great post.

There was many who were wrong about Sezar.
Benji said he has something to prove.
It's great to see him doing well.
I said he would do well just because he has what we need footy smarts

What do you think we will end up doing with douhie can't see any options for him here, personally I don't see any need for jerome leui but unfortunately he's coming and on huge dollars, just hoping it won't be at the expense of Galvin, would be disastrous if we lost him for that clown coming from Penrith

Reactions: 851
What do you think we will end up doing with douhie can't see any options for him here, personally I don't see any need for jerome leui but unfortunately he's coming and on huge dollars, just hoping it won't be at the expense of Galvin, would be disastrous if we lost him for that clown coming from Penrith
Sezer is likely to retire season's end. Luai and Galvin will be the halves pairing

I only heard the end of it but 9 is reporting the Dragons want a substantial player in return for releasing Lomax. Apparently he has a meeting with the Eels tomorrow.
Essentially if a team wants Lomax this year, Flanagan wants a trade for a substantial player.

However, Lomax's contract is terminated for 2025 & 2026. Teams can negotiate with him in order to get him to join next year. I have attached Dragons statement on this below.

Sezer is likely to retire season's end. Luai and Galvin will be the halves pairing
I don't think that's likely at all.
He's not playing like a guy who's only got 1 season left in him.

Saying it from the start, he'd be perfect to stick around, guide our cup team around, fill in when needed & help our club out in some mentoring or coaching role.

Fantastic signing by Benji.

I don't think that's likely at all.
He's not playing like a guy who's only got 1 season left in him.

Saying it from the start, he'd be perfect to stick around, guide our cup team around, fill in when needed & help our club out in some mentoring or coaching role.

Fantastic signing by Benji.
He's been fantastic. More pointing out he's close to the end and isn't going to be there at the expense of Luai or Galvin like old mate was pontificating

Essentially if a team wants Lomax this year, Flanagan wants a trade for a substantial player.

However, Lomax's contract is terminated for 2025 & 2026. Teams can negotiate with him in order to get him to join next year. I have attached Dragons statement on this below.

Lomax no longer fits our culture here at Benji's Wests Tigers.

Attitude of entitlement,

No thanks at anywhere near 800K

He's been fantastic. More pointing out he's close to the end and isn't going to be there at the expense of Luai or Galvin like old mate was pontificating
That's a fair statement.

Like to see him kept on, reasons mentioned.

We got Naden playing 7 in cup, it'd be a luxury to have a classy professional like Sezar guiding and captaining our cup team in 2025.

Reactions: 88
The halves 'logjam' is already working out more or less as could have been predicted. It was unlikely that all three of Galvin, Sullivan and Fainu were going to become stars, and Sezer was always going to be a bridge to Luai. If you'd offered me the following in February I'd have bitten your hand off: Sezer a very competent game manager, Galvin a potential star, Sullivan a very big question mark at best, and Fainu still unknown.

The good news is there are plenty of teams absolutely starved for halves so if Sullivan gets squeezed out there's every chance someone will take a punt on him without the Tigers having to carry any freight. As things look right now you'd have your money on next season starting with Luai at 7, Galvin at 6, Fainu most likely 14 and Sezer - if he wants to play on and doesn't get a starting offer elsewhere - in reserve grade and ready to back up.

Des wouldn’t take their call unfortunately….it got back to Sullivan‘s agent and he is blowing up deluxe now as well,,, Sullivan doesn’t want to leave Sydney … Might have to now pay 50 percent freight to move him on next year back to St George for this premature move …
How do you know this?

Back