Signings, Suggestions & Rumours Discussion

Got to say:

I was wrong about Sezer. Totally wrong.
I had thought he would turn up like many returning EPL players. Unable to cope with League, heck I actually liked him when he was here with the Titans etc.
The guy has been outstanding for us. Sure not as good a halfback as say Reynolds/mm/Cleary/DCE... But an actual halfback and a better fit then Hastings and others we have had.

I was dead set right about Justin Olam.
Man the guy is a joy to watch. $450k from Melbourne for a GUN center.
We truly needed an upgrade on our backline and Olam just fits the bill. So good to watch him play.
You see how under-appreciated Api is, giving good ball to all the players around him and so few make use of it.

Api sees Olam -> try time.

Such a difference with these two in our squad
Everytime Olam takes a carry he hits it up from the back fence, we havnt had that in years I love him.

I'd much rather the current situation of Bud/Fainu as the second-choice halves rather than Brandon Wakeham. Sezer hasn't got years left in him; even if Bud is a backup off the bench it's still a good option to have a genuine half in reserve.
Next year i would have. 7.Luai, 6.Galvin.
14.Fainu / Bud and a minimum deal to keep Seizer incase Luai goes down. But I think Bud might not fit into the squad. Only cause of needing to upgrade Galvin at some point we can't carry 2 x 500k players in our halves who aren't playing regularly. That's just me. Also guys might be willing to take unders to play togeather. So it might be ok but I just think someone is leaving in the off-season and Seizers contract isn't big enough to provide much relief.

I'd much rather the current situation of Bud/Fainu as the second-choice halves rather than Brandon Wakeham. Sezer hasn't got years left in him; even if Bud is a backup off the bench it's still a good option to have a genuine half in reserve.
I can’t wait to see Brooks Wakeham for Manly. That’s going to be hilarious!

Next year i would have. 7.Luai, 6.Galvin.
14.Fainu / Bud and a minimum deal to keep Seizer incase Luai goes down. But I think Bud might not fit into the squad. Only cause of needing to upgrade Galvin at some point we can't carry 2 x 500k players in our halves who aren't playing regularly. That's just me. Also guys might be willing to take unders to play togeather. So it might be ok but I just think someone is leaving in the off-season and Seizers contract isn't big enough to provide much relief.
Douhei is gone. Get rid of Sullivan too. Retain Sezer on like $250k and then buy another gun outside back. Oh, Tito

Options for Zac Lomax;
Eels - very unlikely they will shift Penisini to allow him to play his favoured right centre position. Highly likely the Eels will want him to play left centre and be back up fullback to Gutherson.
The Eels have an ageing forward pack, highly likely they will be a club on the slide come 2025.
Roosters - IF Joey Manu departs as being rumoured, they would likely slot him in at his favoured right centre position and be back up fullback to Tedesco.
Tigers - Would fit like a glove into our right centre position and be back up fullback to Bula.
Would come down to whether or not he sees us being a genuine chance of winning a premiership within the next few seasons.

Options for Zac Lomax;
Eels - very unlikely they will shift Penisini to allow him to play his favoured right centre position. Highly likely the Eels will want him to play left centre and be back up fullback to Gutherson.
The Eels have an ageing forward pack, highly likely they will be a club on the slide come 2025.
Roosters - IF Joey Manu departs as being rumoured, they would likely slot him in at his favoured right centre position and be back up fullback to Tedesco.
Tigers - Would fit like a glove into our right centre position and be back up fullback to Bula.
Would come down to whether or not he sees us being a genuine chance of winning a premiership within the next few seasons.
Do you see us going anywhere near $800k though? I don't for a centre. Especially with the $$$ we'll need in 2-3 years time for our upgrades. He would be great, don't get me wrong but unless we can do some creative accounting, I think we'll go harder for a Turuva, Schiller or even Dane Gagai for a season.

Do you see us going anywhere near $800k though? I don't for a centre. Especially with the $$$ we'll need in 2-3 years time for our upgrades. He would be great, don't get me wrong but unless we can do some creative accounting, I think we'll go harder for a Turuva, Schiller or even Dane Gagai for a season.

Schiller is an aggressive animal

Simpkin and Bud should cover it...

Value for money I’d prefer Schiller.
II think we need a big, tall, fast & athletic right centre so would be nice to land either Lomax or Schiller who both fit that description.
Turuva is a very good player, but I don’t think the long term balance of our team really wants two short centres.
If we hold onto To’a and Naden I think they will be considered as wingers who can fill in at centre when the starting centres are injured.

Latest posts

Members online

Back